TaylorMade R11 Irons - Review Thread - Forum Testing Reviews

Yeah, I'm pretty jazzed Kmac. After the dismal day of ball striking I had today, this unboxing couldn't happen fast enough. Gawd, they feel good in hand, real good. It's tough to describe how great the weighting feels in these irons. I want to hit them, now!

Off topic: Did y'all win the tourney?

Yeah, I'm pretty jazzed Kmac. After the dismal day of ball striking I had today, this unboxing couldn't happen fast enough. Gawd, they feel good in hand, real good. It's tough to describe how great the weighting feels in these irons. I want to hit them, now!

That was one of the first things I noticed after the good looks of course. They just feel very good.

Off topic: Did y'all win the tourney?

Yeah, we shot a 56. We played well. If I would've had these irons we would've shot a 50. Guaranteed! hahaha

That was one of the first things I noticed after the good looks of course. They just feel very good.

They really do. And from everything I'm reading, they hit and perform even better.

Glad you finally got your irons TC. I always enjoy reading your reviews on various clubs, you definitely take the time necessary to provide great info to the rest of us.

Great unboxing pics TC and initial thoughts. These irons really do have it all, and that 3 iron just looks mean.

Glad you finally got your irons TC. I always enjoy reading your reviews on various clubs, you definitely take the time necessary to provide great info to the rest of us.

Thanks rhino, I appreciate that.

I'm digging my pictures. It's hard to be one of the last guys to "unbox" so I wanted to come up with something a little different.

Here's a little video I made today with a 9i vs a knockdown 8i. I also have some general thoughts on the R11 irons after.
[YOUTUBE]d5v6ZYc4KDE[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a little video I made today with a 9i vs a knockdown 8i. I also have some general thoughts on the R11 irons after.

Great vid DD, I loved that knockdown shot. I just got off the phone with TC and he said you should only hit knockdowns from now on.

And the moral of the story: full shots are better than knock downs. Video evidence supports that. LOL

these are the first TM irons i am excited about.

Great vid DD, I loved that knockdown shot. I just got off the phone with TC and he said you should only hit knockdowns from now on.

I may hit one to Asheville tomorrow afternoon.

And the moral of the story: full shots are better than knock downs. Video evidence supports that. LOL

haha, true.

these are the first TM irons i am excited about.

Does anything really excite the Most interesting man in the world? I haven't hit mine yet, and I'm excited as hell about them.

Nice write up buck, I'm glad you are getting them dialed in and really enjoying the scoring irons.

Nice pics and initial thoughts TC. I like how you changed it up a bit.

Nice video DD. I'm with TC, I prefer full shots, but it is nice to know you have that shot in the bag.

Nice Vid Staples! Knockdown shots FTW! I think the problem was you needed a snickers and a mtn dew before you hit the knockdown

Does anything really excite the Most interesting man in the world? I haven't hit mine yet, and I'm excited as hell about them.

for some reason i have never lusted after a TM iron like i have these. i have always been a huge bridgestone iron fan and mizuno iron fan. these have me thinking.

for some reason i have never lusted after a TM iron like i have these. i have always been a huge bridgestone iron fan and mizuno iron fan. these have me thinking.

If there's any pictures or anything you want covered just let me know man, I'll be sure to try to get that to you asap.

if you havn't hit them yet id def give them a whirl! i can't wait till i start getting really comfortable with them. so far they seem like the complete package.

If there's any pictures or anything you want covered just let me know man, I'll be sure to try to get that to you asap.

I know I'm not him, but could you take a picture close up of the cavity?

TC, great pictures. These irons are gorgeous. Can't wait to hear how you like the shafts as this is most likely the setup I would play. Lefty included..

Wow, I have stayed away from this thread to save myself some cash. You guys are doing some incredible reviews! The level of detail in these reviews and videos is astonishing. I wonder how many sets of R11s get purchased just from people reading these posts?

Good write Buck, can't wait to hear more when you actually get to hit a few more shots with them.

Pssst...TC....your irons are backwards bro!

Seriously, nice pics!

Thanks rhino, I appreciate that.

I'm digging my pictures. It's hard to be one of the last guys to "unbox" so I wanted to come up with something a little different.

Don't worry TC, mine don't get here until tomorrow, so reading this thread hurts. Is there something wrong with your camera? It looked like it reversed this pictures when it uploaded?!? (my son is a lefty and is excited to see your pics and posts). Great pictures. Even though I'm testing too, I feel just as excited to read everyone else's comments as well!

Back