Virginia golf outing

VA. Vince

SC bound...
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 15.1
Anyone in the area want to try and play a round or 2 before winter sets in? I was thinking some time late October or early November.

Where were you thinking of playing? Northern Va? Richmond?

I may be interested in this depending on the area.

Would love to get together with some THPer's and play a round. DirtyDawg67, are you in on this?

Depending on the date and location, I would play.

Might be interested in this one too. Williamsburg is awesome for golf and always good if you have to bring the family. That time of year you can usually find deals on golf and rooms.

Would love to get together with some THPer's and play a round. DirtyDawg67, are you in on this?

I'd like to be involved and think its a great idea. I should be able to get away from work one weekend during that time.

John Deere Tappin...

Location really doesnt matter, Richmond is 2 hours south of me so maybe a general location that is around all that want to play?

Great idea, it's a matter of date and location and approval from work for time off.

Richmond is a great place to play in October, many good courses in great shape at that time. Weather stays nice thru the end of the month and the greens are probably at thier best after the long hot summer stress out. I'd like to play.

I'm in if you guys are willing to play with a novice!

I was thinking of a Saturday or Saturday and Sunday.

Tap-in Talking

That's cool just need notice in advance as to the date and I'll have to figure out the travel and play/stay.

I'm interested depending on the weekend..........lots of travel in the next six weeks!!!

Ok, maybe we can see where everyone lives and try and find a central location on a course. Once we have that we can hammer out some dates.

Tap-in Talking

It's been raining so much I haven't had a chance to play in the last couple of weeks (only range time). So count me in for a couple of spots.

The Richmond area sounds like it might be the most central location for about everyboday. We should look around there.

Hey all, a few courses around Richmond had major issues with their greens during the extremely hot summer and not all have them back up to shape, but most are coming into really great condition!! I'm happy to check with the local courses about an outing in the area so let me know what every one thinks is central enough and I'll see what I can do. Also let me know (pm or whatever) price points folks are willing to pay! If you want a little north of Richmond I suggest Mattaponi Springs golf club, one of my favorites. Not sure what kind of deal I can work out, but I'm happy to try! http://www.mattaponisprings.com

I'm definitely interested. May depend on the timing a little but pencil me in.

Thats a nice looking course Johnboy, I would love to play that. There is also Meadows Farm in Fredericksburg which has the longest hole in the US. Price really isnt a factor for me but it may be for some. Whats everyones price range? Maybe the last weekend of October or the first weekend of November?

VV I'm good most anywhere. What is everyone comfortable paying for a round? 40-50 50-60????

Meadow Farms is nice. Cool little theme course with the longest hole, waterfall hole, island green. I played there with DirtyDawg67 and had a really good time. Decent price too.

Mattaponi is a great course, but the price may be steep for some. I think its $90ish on a weekend and is kind of off the beaten path. Pendleton GC is right off of I95 and is reasonably priced. They just redid some of the greens and fairways, so everything should be in great shape. http://www.pendletongolfva.com/

If your'e thinking of the Richmond area, give me a shout. I knowall the superintendants and will give you an honest read of the conditions. October is usually very good around here, courses are going into thier season end and lots of price cuts on fees.

OBTW. I'm playing at a course in my area tomorrow called Hunting Hawk, they have a great deal for seniors at $34 w/ cart all day. This is a great course, plenty of slope, usually excellent greens and with all the rain, it should be in great shaape. Check it out on the web.

Hunting Hawk Golf Club
Glen Allen Va
(804) 749-1900

They started a $49.00 fee for Sat Sun and Holidays w/ cart.

I'll post the course conditions after I play tomorrow. I'ts easy access off of 95-295- and 64, club facilities are great .

Mattaponi is a great course, but the price may be steep for some. I think its $90ish on a weekend and is kind of off the beaten path. Pendleton GC is right off of I95 and is reasonably priced. They just redid some of the greens and fairways, so everything should be in great shape. http://www.pendletongolfva.com/

Thats a nice looking course to DD, price is good as well. If everyone is cool with that course maybe we can set something up there? DD, do you know anyone there?

Back