The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you and your wife grow up in Oklahoma? The reason I ask is that I went to med school in South Carolina that had almost everyone from South Carolina, which is where I grew up. A bunch of my friends from med school left the state for residency, but now have returned after they finished their training. Residency is a great opportunity to explore a new part of the country.

Yep, she is born and raised here, I'm born, traveled, returned, and raised here hehe.

That's the way I look at it. We will HAVE to come back because of a scholarship she signed, could be fun to get away though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dudes, I got so golf fatigued today it was crazy. I couldn't swing a club on the last 2 holes today. It was odd.

Dudes, I got so golf fatigued today it was crazy. I couldn't swing a club on the last 2 holes today. It was odd.

Ive been there lately...only it starts on the first hole

Snickers and Mtn Dew. 60% of the time it works every time.

I don't know what it was but I did feel like DD there at the end. I almost killed a little kid too. This tournament was for the Boys and Girls club and they had kids at all the par 3's. Anyway, I hit the laziest 5 iron ever and just pushed it left. They were sitting down there left of the green. I yelled FORE! They said they didn't hear me. My ball landed right next to this little dude. Freaked him out.

I don't know what it was but I did feel like DD there at the end. I almost killed a little kid too. This tournament was for the Boys and Girls club and they had kids at all the par 3's. Anyway, I hit the laziest 5 iron ever and just pushed it left. They were sitting down there left of the green. I yelled FORE! They said they didn't hear me. My ball landed right next to this little dude. Freaked him out.

Damn, thankfully you didn't hit him. I would be nervous if people were around the greens that I am hitting into, especially kids.

It was frightening. I guess they shouldn't have been sitting there, haha

It was frightening. I guess they shouldn't have been sitting there, haha

ha, you probably would have stuck it close with a knockdown.

ha, you probably would have stuck it close with a knockdown.

I don't hit those things dude. That's why there's so many different irons in your bag bro, so you don't have to.

I don't hit those things dude. That's why there's so many different irons in your bag bro, so you don't have to.

I haven't been hitting them much lately. Wedges mostly with the occasional 9i. I haven't tried a knocker yet with the RHT....maybe tomorrow.

DD, I LOVE the avatar. Quite possibly my favorite movie character of all time.

I haven't been hitting them much lately. Wedges mostly with the occasional 9i. I haven't tried a knocker yet with the RHT....maybe tomorrow.

Wrong! I saw you hit one in that video, it went left into the trees. Your knock downs = pulls or hosel rockets.

Wrong! I saw you hit one in that video, it went left into the trees. Your knock downs = pulls or hosel rockets.

haha! That was a full over the top swing. I noticed I had a bit of swaying going on today after looking at the vids again.

I posted this in the MLB thread but...

The White Sox trade Ozzie Guillen to the Marlins for two minor league prospects. That is amazing to me. I am trying to wrap my head around that. Can't do it.

Well sorry to hear about the fatigue TC. I tend to put several Milky Way bars in my bag before every round to fight that fatigue. And because I love Milky Ways. :D

Wifey Residency Update:

She got an interview for Kansas University in Wichita...I'm indifferent to this one...

Well sorry to hear about the fatigue TC. I tend to put several Milky Way bars in my bag before every round to fight that fatigue. And because I love Milky Ways. :D

That reminds me. I got a shock when I first bought a Milky Way in the US. It's called a Mars over here, and Milky Way is pretty different.

Continuing the convo from the rant thread into its proper place.....hehe....

Jacob Robertson said:
Hey, I was good at it. Made up for my horrible golf game.

Nah, it was never that bad, though I am certainly no angel on the swearing front. Just something that I picked up from my peers. Bad habit, really.

I hear ya, although I stand by their use as effective descriptors in the correct circumstances.

Or when I hurt myself, whichever really.

Lol, I saw JB lurking and I got the same idea.

Scientists have proved that swearing instinctively reduces pain. Something about endorphins. I don't use them as descriptors though, it is MUCH more fun to come up with less common insults. Wow, that sounded awful...
Continuing the convo from the rant thread into its proper place.....hehe....

I hear ya, although I stand by their use as effective descriptors in the correct circumstances.

Or when I hurt myself, whichever really.

Lol, I saw JB lurking and I got the same idea.

Scientists have proved that swearing instinctively reduces pain. Something about endorphins. I don't use them as descriptors though, it is MUCH more fun to come up with less common insults. Wow, that sounded awful...

Not awful per-se but....well...ok yeah awful HA!

Yeah, I saw JB too, I always get banter started in the wrong threads, bad habit of mine. lol

Hey, it flexes the mental muscles, I am just taking the fight to senile dementia early!
Not awful per-se but....well...ok yeah awful HA!

Yeah, I saw JB too, I always get banter started in the wrong threads, bad habit of mine. lol

Hey, it flexes the mental muscles, I am just taking the fight to senile dementia early!

I've found my new excuse when the wife gets on to me, thank you sir!

I do believe it helps with pain, also helps with teenagers who won't do what their coach tells them to do...but...I've always made it a policy to NEVER cuss a kid (unless his mom tells me to...true story there lol).

I want one.

TAD-Gear-Folding-Titanium-Spork.jpg

Titanium freaking spork. Dunno why I want it but I do, I blame JRod.

**edit** and just like that, my heart is crushed as its no longer made....dang.

I want one.

TAD-Gear-Folding-Titanium-Spork.jpg

Titanium freaking spork. Dunno why I want it but I do, I blame JRod.

**edit** and just like that, my heart is crushed as its no longer made....dang.

Look on ebay. Surely there is one on the bay.

I want a titanium spork so much! That would be amazing! Multi-million dollar idea to mass produce? I think yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back