Video Released of the Earthquake Shaking the Washington Moument

RedlyneTheory

Erock Army
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX1.0003
Wow, that would have been scary. I like how the park service girl is like the 2nd one down the stairs.

Dang, scary stuff. I can't blame that lady for being one of the first ones out. I would've done the same thing. I hope everyone's ok.

I've been in some pretty tall buildings during earthquake, I can't even imagine how terrifying it would be to experience one at the top of the Washington Monument. And, hell, I don't even get out of bed for anything less than a 5.5.

Wow, that would have scared the hell out of me. I wonder what it looked like from the exterior?

Crazy video. I can't imagine what would be going through people's minds at the top as the place literally seems like it's crumbling around them with all of the mortar falling, plus the way it was shaking. Just goes to show you that the builders really knew what they were doing when they finished it 126 years ago.

If I were in the Washington monument and I heard a boom (as the male ranger referred) then shaking and debris falling around me I would certainly be freaked! Thats just crazy man! I can't imagine how much that thing was swaying at the top!

Wow...that had to be one scary ride!

Just another reason for staying out of places that are a little too tall and not very wide.

I kind of caught the tail end of that clip last night on the news and wondered what they were talking about. That's a pretty crazy video though.

Showed this to my class today, we are just about to plate tectonics so it was a pretty cool setup.

Scary as hell to watch though.

That is crazy! I've never seen something where the building shake so hard.

Back