Bill Haas... Lock for President's cup captain's pick?

45 minutes until the presser with the announcement!

Oh man.

I'd have to go with Haas on this one. Keegan's had a great year, but has been a bit shakey in the last few events. Haas' consistent play over the whole year makes him a better pick IMO. Then again, I might be wrong.

Im not going to have the Tiger debate really. If someone things that all his problems are rust, so be it. Rust does not cause 2 years of bad golf with a sprinkling of decent rounds. Where was the rust in Augusta or the Chevron? He played well there. Can he come back and be successful? Certainly. Will he at the Prez cup? Maybe, maybe not. However it shows that they might as well have taken Jack Nicklaus for this since its clearly about what have you done all time rather than the guys that have played good golf this year.

And if TW comes out and plays great? It was the old "its about time". If he comes out and stinks...We will still here about the swing change, the rust and that he is "getting there".

Rust doesn't explain bad golf, but certainly changing your swing is at least a decent reason is it not? Cause it sure was for people in 98-mid 99 before he went on a tear, or 03-04 before he went on a run from 05-09. Cause he certainly played rough in 03-04 and everyone said he was an idiot for leaving Harmon and going to Haney. That seemed to work out well for him if I recall. If he says it takes about 1.5-2 years for everything to click where he's comfortable, then why are we so quick to jump on him when it's just been one year as of August? We saw flashes at the Ryder Cup, Chevron, and Augusta. Then he got hurt after Augusta.

However it shows that they might as well have taken Jack Nicklaus for this since its clearly about what have you done all time rather than the guys that have played good golf this year.

Except one of them is retired and old as hell, and the other one's just showing the signs that he's still competitive if he'd just be able to play with a consistent schedule instead of an unplanned 3 month break.

Nobody is jumping on Tiger Woods.
But lets use your logic. It takes 2 years for him to get back to form.

Shouldnt you be working on your game and what should we expect of him since the two years is not up? This again is your logic that its just him going through a swing change (and maybe your right). But if that is the case, then I guess we should not expect much since it has not been 2 years and he also has all of this rust.

This just further proves that it should be the guys out playing well now, and this year, not guys that are going through all of these changes.

I thought this was the bIll haas thread, I got confused cuz I saw a debate about TW.....I have to refresh my screen F5...F5... still there, this must be an off topic post..

Rust doesn't explain bad golf, but certainly changing your swing is at least a decent reason is it not? Cause it sure was for people in 98-mid 99 before he went on a tear, or 03-04 before he went on a run from 05-09. Cause he certainly played rough in 03-04 and everyone said he was an idiot for leaving Harmon and going to Haney. That seemed to work out well for him if I recall. If he says it takes about 1.5-2 years for everything to click where he's comfortable, then why are we so quick to jump on him when it's just been one year as of August? We saw flashes at the Ryder Cup, Chevron, and Augusta. Then he got hurt after Augusta.

However it shows that they might as well have taken Jack Nicklaus for this since its clearly about what have you done all time rather than the guys that have played good golf this year.

Except one of them is retired and old as hell, and the other one's just showing the signs that he's still competitive if he'd just be able to play with a consistent schedule instead of an unplanned 3 month break.

I thought this was the bIll haas thread, I got confused cuz I saw a debate about TW.....I have to refresh my screen F5...F5... still there, this must be an off topic post..

That's because everything that is golf related revolves around TW. :D

So, is it gonna be Haas, Bradley, or someone else?

It should always be the guys who are playing well consistantly now, not guys who can potentially do it, if that was the case we'd have seen guys like Monty and Pavin playing in Celtic Manor for the Ryder Cup rather than captaining the teams.

Ok it's maybe an exageration but you get my point, Woods is/was a class act but has been poor for 2 seasons one way or another but does that mean he deserves his spot ahead of Sneds, Bradley etc? Not a chance, he is being picked because he can turn it on, he did it last year in the Ryder Cup in the singles.

I'd like to see Brandt Snedeker get the nod personally. He finished 11th in the standings, had a very solid year, I think he deserves it.

Ironically though, based on the last 12 months of play, there really wouldnt be. If Keegan and Haas were selected, there would be no question that they were the guys that earned it on the course.

TW brought the interesting side to it, because its hard to leave the guy off the team.

Easy for me to leave him off since he probably couldn't beat any of the top 5 that were left off the team heads up right now. Hell, I think a play-in match would be great to watch. Take the top 6-8 that are in consideration and play 36 holes at a very tough coarse and best man/men go to down under.

Back to the topic, Hass should get the last pick with his perforance down the stretch and he is the consistent golfer you need in an event like that. Stricker's spot allows Freddy some relief to make up for his Tiger choice.

any chance he announces that Stricker is skipping the PC for surgery and will now have 2 more picks?

Nobody is jumping on Tiger Woods.
But lets use your logic. It takes 2 years for him to get back to form.

Shouldnt you be working on your game and what should we expect of him since the two years is not up? This again is your logic that its just him going through a swing change (and maybe your right). But if that is the case, then I guess we should not expect much since it has not been 2 years and he also has all of this rust.

This just further proves that it should be the guys out playing well now, and this year, not guys that are going through all of these changes.

Nobody? See: Rory McIlroy, Nick Faldo, Greg Norman, Brandel Chamblee, Luke Donald just to name a few.

I agree, and he should be out there getting these new mechanics down until they're natural. Even then once it's natural, he still has to transfer it from driving range "perfection" golf swing to tournament tested golf score, so to speak. For him it's about 2 years. He's certainly got nothing better to do since he's not been playing since the PGA, so he might as well be living on the driving range/short game area/putting green for 8 hours a day. Apparently on the range, he's got it. It's moving from the practice tee to the first tee where he's having a problem. That's just going to take trusting it and time, like it would for you if you made a substantial, completely different swing change.

My logic and entire debate platform if you will, is just pointing back to how he was back in 98 and 04. He didn't play up to his standards. Hell, he won 1 event in 2004 and that was the Accenture Match Play. He showed signs of having it, then a lot of inconsistency. He started to get it in 05 and then he won multiple times, including 2 majors. From 06-09 he played some sick golf.

In the events in which Bradley, Haas, and Tiger played, they only beat him over in Torrey Pines. Since coming back from injury and playing two events, Woods lost to Keegan but not Haas at the Bridgestone, and then they both beat him at the PGA. The Players was kinda gray, just because he withdrew after 9 holes. Kinda tough there to be fully accurate. However Haas MC, and Bradley was 72nd.

Oh look, my little off topic post took right until 5pm. I call that filler material, like a movie preview.

Edit: FWIW, I say Haas gets the pick. More consistent last 4 weeks, and Bradley's in the middle of a major hangover based on 2 MC's and 2 top 20's.

Im so confused. NOBODY is saying Tiger Woods will not return. This entire thread is about the Presidents Cup. Who cares if Tiger Woods swing change works or doesnt when two years is up? YOU said he needed 2 years to get this right. Well since it has been only about a year, the spot should be for people that are playing and not someone needing two years to get it right.

Will he play well? Who the heck knows. I think so. But the entire discussion is about the Prez cup, not whether or not Tiger Woods will be good again. Man his fans are an interesting bunch.

Im so confused. NOBODY is saying Tiger Woods will not return. This entire thread is about the Presidents Cup. Who cares if Tiger Woods swing change works or doesnt when two years is up? YOU said he needed 2 years to get this right. Well since it has been only about a year, the spot should be for people that are playing and not someone needing two years to get it right.

Will he play well? Who the heck knows. I think so. But the entire discussion is about the Prez cup, not whether or not Tiger Woods will be good again. Man his fans are an interesting bunch.

Well you have people who say he shouldn't even be on the team, so it's allowable to have people say why he should. It goes both ways man.

Woods and Haas officially named for USA Side Allenby and Baddedly named for Aussie side

( I know I spelled his name wrong)

its 2011, why cant these guys get phones that dont sound like theyre talking in a tornado?

its 2011, why cant these guys get phones that dont sound like theyre talking in a tornado?

Or hold music that doesn't sound like every other hold music. The Allenby pick over Vijay was interesting I think.

I kinda figured whomever won the Tour Championship and/or FedEx Cup would have been a guaranteed pick for Freddie. I think this is a great team for the Presidents Club!

Congrats to Haas! Still can't get over the shot from the water on 18. Unreal.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Not too surprised with Freddie's choices; now will see how Woods performs after some time off. Either way, looking forward to the event.

Congrats to Haas! Still can't get over the shot from the water on 18. Unreal.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I had that same shot on Tour 2 years ago. Wasnt sure how it would come out so I clubbed up. Yea, well it came out nice and perfect but way too much club. As soon as I seen his ball there I knew he would be relieved to see it was there.

I'm guessing that with Haas being picked, and Stricker looking like he's on the mend that Bradley is the next choice. IMO also because Keegan's pretty close in points alone even only gaining points in one year?!?!?!

When will they make that decision for Stricker is the next and final domino. After Stricker is out, there is no other choice right?

I'm guessing that with Haas being picked, and Stricker looking like he's on the mend that Bradley is the next choice. IMO also because Keegan's pretty close in points alone even only gaining points in one year?!?!?!

When will they make that decision for Stricker is the next and final domino. After Stricker is out, there is no other choice right?

I believe it has been said that if Stricker cant go, Keegan is next.

Back