The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I used to have conversation like that with guys wanting to play when I was in the PGA. Am actually laughing out loud on the plane. Thanks thaindog

A power plant in Michigan has a problem with a piece of equipment that they need me to look at tomorrow morning. I get to drive to Marquette tonight just so I can be at the plant right away in the morning. Not looking forward to the whole endeavor.

A power plant in Michigan has a problem with a piece of equipment that they need me to look at tomorrow morning. I get to drive to Marquette tonight just so I can be at the plant right away in the morning. Not looking forward to the whole endeavor.

I hear you man, I have to do this all the time and it sucks. Do you get paid for the travel you are doing on the weekend?

I hear you man, I have to do this all the time and it sucks. Do you get paid for the travel you are doing on the weekend?

My gas, meals, and overnight expenses are covered. Otherwise I am 100% commission, the only money I make is the money I bring in.

My gas, meals, and overnight expenses are covered. Otherwise I am 100% commission, the only money I make is the money I bring in.

Gotcha, well thats still good I'm sure. I have to do a similar thing tomorrow. I have a meeting in a town called Powell RIver on Tuesday morning at 9 am, the problem is the ferry that goes over to that part of the west coast leaves from a town a long long way from here and the only ferry that gets me there in time is the 5am ferry. So I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon and staying in a hotel in Courtenay which is a town I grew up in and a town that I hate. Oh well, moneys money.

You got it CB. It's part of the job that we signed up for. It pays the bills and the tee times. Plus some.

I have a meeting in a town called Powell RIver on Tuesday morning .

Powell River? Ick.

On the plus side I don't think you have to do that double ferry crap if one was going over from West Van for example.

Powell River? Ick.

On the plus side I don't think you have to do that double ferry crap if one was going over from West Van for example.

Ick is right, but the reason it is part of my territory is because I only have to take one ferry from Courtenay, instead of two like Vancouver people do/

Side note: While living in Courtenay did you ever play at Crown Isle? When I was doing IT project work for Safeway they always use to have me stay there. I didn't play golf at the time but the course looked pretty awesome from what I saw. It's supposedly one of Tiger's favorite courses to play.

Side note: While living in Courtenay did you ever play at Crown Isle? When I was doing IT project work for Safeway they always use to have me stay there. I didn't play golf at the time but the course looked pretty awesome from what I saw. It's supposedly one of Tiger's favorite courses to play.

Yep, Tiger has a condo there and loves playing the course. I am actually playing it tomorrow, and love playing the course, its a really tough but fair course and I'm really looking forward to it.

Seriously tuna? Did you just threadjack the banter thread?

Let's get this one back on topic please.

:blob:

Thainer, what were your thoughts on the Nike VR Combo testing? And the Seemores? And the......

LOL threadjacking the banter thread.......up there in the level of epicness with which it holds.....

BDG

This morning on the radio, the DJ (don't remember the context) said "NDS" which instantly made me think "Hey, thats a shaft made by Aldila. Nope, I was thinking of NVS. Ofcourse, this was on the way to hunting at 4:30am.....on a country music station...in upstate NY. Why would they be talking about shafts? I play too much golf. That is what I concluded....

BDG

This morning on the radio, the DJ (don't remember the context) said "NDS" which instantly made me think "Hey, thats a shaft made by Aldila. Nope, I was thinking of NVS. Ofcourse, this was on the way to hunting at 4:30am.....on a country music station...in upstate NY. Why would they be talking about shafts? I play too much golf. That is what I concluded....

BDG

Lol. I think a lot of us would think that. I always relate things that have nothing to do with golf to it.

Huge awful wreck in the Indy Car race today...wow..someone flew a long way

I want some toe socks. Not sure how to say that without sounding like a girl, but I want some toe socks. The potential benefits greatly outweigh the embarrassment for me.

I want some toe socks. Not sure how to say that without sounding like a girl, but I want some toe socks. The potential benefits greatly outweigh the embarrassment for me.

I could see that. What do you think of as potential benefits?

My feet (especially between the toes) sweat like a murder suspect under a swinging light.

I wish I would have invented potato chips.

Kevin

You just wish you could send things off on a tangent like me. One day you shall rise to the exalted rank of Sine or perhaps Cosine...

On topic: A client wants to take me skeet shooting. So. Very. Weird.

Cast of Jersey Shore is a bunch of morons for the most part.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Tappin' from my iPad!

But they get paid to be morons so they have that going for them

That's pretty enlightening Captain Obvious.

Funny thing is one of them is enrolled at where most of my graduating class from HS went to school. RU kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back