Nike DRI-FIT shirts that don't work

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
Wonder if any of their golf shirts have had the same issues?

BARCELONA, Spain (AP) -- Few opponents have been able to slow Barcelona. But Nike may have inadvertently managed to do just that -- with shirts that absorb too much sweat.

The Spanish soccer champions say they have recently met with Nike officials to complain about the new shirts. The team contends the shirts absorb so much moisture they take on added weight over the course of a game.
The Spanish newspaper El Pais first reported claims from Barcelona players that the shirts more than doubled in weight by halftime.

Nike said in a statement to The Associated Press on Tuesday that it is "working to find a solution to the problem with the shirts along with the club.'' The sportswear maker said it does not know the exact problem with the shirt, but it should be resolved in two to three weeks.

The new shirts are made from a fabric called Dri-FIT, which is composed of recycled plastic and used exclusively by first-team squads of Nike's sponsored clubs, including Manchester United, Arsenal and Inter Milan. The jerseys are not for sale to the public.

Nike said Barcelona is the only one of its sponsored clubs to complain so far, although tennis star Rafael Nadal experienced a similar problem with his own Nike Dri-FIT gear at the Australian Open in January.

Very interesting. I have a few dri-fit shirts and have not experienced this.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I have several and have never had that problem

That is interesting. I know I have a shirt (not sure what brand it is) that is supposed to be moisture wicking, but it doesn't work.

I had no idea they were making golf shirts out of recycled plastic. This is a pretty interesting article though and I'm sure Nike will get it figured out.

Sounds like somebody was making excuses for poor playing...

Tempo, timing, tapping.

i wonder if this is a new technology i havn't had any problems with my nike shirts.

That is weird. I have worn dri fit for a long time. Never had any problems.

Interesting to see that about a Dri Fit material.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Hah! Don't follow Barcalona do you?

The Dri-fits that the teams wear are different then the ones for general public and act differently.

Sounds like they work a little too well.

I have bought many dri-fit shirts over the years and love them. The only time I feel the shirt gets a little heavy is when I just finish running on a humid day. I would be sweating profusely but there's no wind to help removing the moisture.

My buddy has a TW polo that isn't very good.

I only have 1 Nike one that sucks. I wore it at the outing and it sucked. I had to untuck it and it sucked. I baked and was uncomfortable all day because it wasnt tucked in because it was moving in my swing. It sucked.

Some of their dri-fit shirts work better than others. I have 10+ dri-fit shirts from each of the different lines and there's only a few I would really wear when I anticipate heavy sweating.

Hah! Don't follow Barcalona do you?

Sho'nuff don't. Can't stand soccer. Even back when I thought golf was a boring sport for uppity old farts I still preferred it to soccer!!!

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Its soccer, they always flop and cry. But I have 2 Nike dry-fits and there ok, I have better moisture wicking shirts than those.

I love my drifit shirtd, they hold up very well and I never had any issues. must be a bad batch...

I believe TW's line is a cotton blend and not Dri-Fit.

There are some that are mercerized cotton(no clue what that means).

I can't say I have any issues with Nike's dri-fit shirts, I have 5-6 and some are better than others but they all work well.

his previous line was cotton blend but I think this year's was more dri-fit....not that you could tell since he was only playing 2 rounds a tournament....when he did play that is

I believe TW's line is a cotton blend and not Dri-Fit.

Back