Pebble Beach - My bucket list experience

pmoa

Always Ponderin'
Reaction score
Handicap
It took me two years to finally get my pictures off of my dead macbook and now they are on the web for viewing.

August 2010 is when the round happened and a unique set of circumstances allowed me to play Pebble during the Concours d'Elegance (classic car show). The weekend was slated to have some of the rarest cars for sale at the course and the course would display the cars up and down the 18th green. That is why there are tents along side the 18th fairway.

The weekend begins by driving down to Monterey and staying in a Holiday Inn Express. We were in San Francisco for a conference. We drove to the course and entered 17 mile drive towards the course. It was a misty day and the marine layer hadn't quite burned off yet. As we arrive at the gate, we told them "tee time for moa" They looked me up and off we go entering the hallowed grounds. My heart was racing and I was trying to take in every little piece. It was thrilling to say the least. We arrive at the clubhouse and we were greeted and they grabbed our clubs and we had breakfast overlooking the practice greens by the first tee. It was finally happening, WE ARE ABOUT TO PLAY PEBBLE!

We got shuttled to the practice range and we were warming up and hitting a few balls, once we finished we sauntered over to the club house to pay for our round and get our caddy's name (Tom). Highly suggest getting a caddy, because there are breaks on those greens that are unfathomable. He even told me on #9 that it broke this way and if it didnt he said, "you can fire me!" And sure enough it broke the way he said it was going to.

The first tee was unbelievable, short par 4 dog leg right and only about 230 yards to the pine that is in the left rough. The starter hushes the crowd overlooking the tee box and all the bystanders that are there to see who paid $500 bucks to play this course and how they would do on the first tee. That was the most nerve racking first tee jitters ever! I pulled my three wood into the left rough, but thank god I didnt cold top the ball! And then we were off!

I will go into more detail of the round but for now I have uploaded the pictures to this thread. I have 65 pictures in this gallery, but I'll put some up that can be viewed in the forum without clicking on this link. I have over 100 pictures, but I tried to pick the most interesting ones. I will update this posting with more detail after I take care of the baby.

In a nutshell I shot a 98, barely breaking 100, with a birdie on #15. I was awed by the ocean on #7 and put two into the bay :confused2:. But it's all good...So here are the pics.

Gallery:
http://imageshack.us/g/259/dsc01580s.jpg/

dsc00751ye.jpg

dsc00763z.jpg

dsc01400xb.jpg

dsc01422jx.jpg

dsc01440t.jpg

dsc01467r.jpg

dsc01482gn.jpg

dsc01513z.jpg

dsc01527kh.jpg

dsc01573h.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome that you got to play PB, I would love to play it one day myself.

Which of these is you?

dsc01400xb.jpg

I'm the one in the Ping hat. The tall white boy, is my best man that flew out just to play pebble and flew back the same day. The other guys are co-workers at my company.

Great pictures. I know if I am ever out on the west coast this is one of the first courses I'll play. Great story too!

Sounds like a great experience, what was the yardage of the tees you played?

Great pics, what an awesome experience!!

Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks.

Wow man, I really hope to play there someday. I bet it was amazing and worth every nickel of that $500....well....yeah why not, its only money!

That is awesome! i would love to play Pebble someday.

Wow man, I really hope to play there someday. I bet it was amazing and worth every nickel of that $500....well....yeah why not, its only money!

Absolutely, it's not an everyday occurrence! At least they don't require the two night stay anymore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I played there on April 9 and it was an awesome experience. Golf $410 (aeration special with $100 gift card), Caddy $155 (with tip), Gift Shop $300, Experience.....priceless. Shot 86 with two birdies.

Those are awesome pics. Thanks a lot for sharing those. I can't wait to play there someday.

I played there on April 9 and it was an awesome experience. Golf $410 (aeration special with $100 gift card), Caddy $155 (with tip), Gift Shop $300, Experience.....priceless. Shot 86 with two birdies.

Wow! 86!

I'm the one in the Ping hat. The tall white boy, is my best man that flew out just to play pebble and flew back the same day. The other guys are co-workers at my company.

Man that is quite the day trip, lol. Looks like everyone is having fun.

Awesome story and pics!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Wow that looks like a dream golf trip for sure. Im jealous and would love to golf Pebble some day! Congrats on your round and thanks for sharing the pics and story.

OMG, Wes, your co-worker, is a friend of mine. He told me about your trip. Too funny.

No way! You know Wes?!

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Incredible pics! Thanks for sharing

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

great story and pics, thanks for sharing!

Back