U.S. Open yardages

Length doesnt hurt my game as much. Shortening courses hurts my game a hell of a lot more than lengthening does.

You get a lot of roll there.

Kevin
I haven't played it yet, but does it play a little bit like Washington County? I added about 20 yards to my drives there last time i played.:act-up:

This sucks. Really grinds my gears.

This is gonna suck for my favorite lady golfer. Paula's not very long off the tee, and this is gonna make it even worse!

I like a few long holes, especially for the men, as I like seeing them bomb it out there 325, but I prefer to watch more challenging holes with lots of obstacles, and tons of risk/reward.

I haven't played it yet, but does it play a little bit like Washington County? I added about 20 yards to my drives there last time i played.:act-up:

Faster than that in every way. Hard fairways, hard and lightning fast greens. It is something else. One long ass walk, I can tell you that.

Kevin

I should make it clear I played Erin Hills from 6,800 or so. They don't let the riff raff on the Super Back tees or whatever the caddie called them.

Kevin

660 for the last hill? Holy S#$%%$#$%

Seems like a little much to me. Too much in favor for the long drive, like they want to weed out the shorter players. Even a perfect short game won't have much of a chance by the time they reach the green.

Last edited:
Big mistake. Nobody wants to watch bad golf and I agree the LPGA needs all the help it can get with ratings.

Am I the only one that enjoys watching professional golfers struggle?

I don't like it. I mean, I like to see Even or -1 golf but that's about it. I'm not happy about what the LPGA did.

BTW that Erin Hills course being 7,823 yards long makes me want to go kick someone. I mean, really? A 504 yard Par 4? If I got the chance to play in the 2017 US Open I wouldn't be happy to see this scorecard. It's just not fun for anyone, pros included IMO.

I don't like it. I mean, I like to see Even or -1 golf but that's about it. I'm not happy about what the LPGA did.

BTW that Erin Hills course being 7,823 yards long makes me want to go kick someone. I mean, really? A 504 yard Par 4? If I got the chance to play in the 2017 US Open I wouldn't be happy to see this scorecard. It's just not fun for anyone, pros included IMO.

Don't blame the LPGA, it's the USGA that does the course setup for the Women's US Open. The USGA has a different agenda. They want to see the leaders around even par.

Even with firm and wide fairways it is going to be tough sledding. Black Wolf Run is no walk in the park as it is.

Am I the only one that enjoys watching professional golfers struggle?
Naw I'm with you here. I love watching women fail.

Back