Unfair practice area policy?

Wake two things, I'd talk to management and ask them if it is really necessary to block everyone? Ask why and then plead your case. If they sat tough cookies, leave and don't go back. I understand what they are doing but if you use your own balls I don't see the issue.
2nd you should spend more time on your driver based in your Ted shot at the Fla outing...hehehe

Kongfrontation

I did talk to the ranger, he basically said it is out of their hands, it came from the owner who is not involved with the day to day activities.

I have been working on my driver ALOT. I have really seen it pay off BIG TIME lately. I have been known to hit some ugly tee shots, but that one on the first tee may have been my worst.

Wake, do they have someone out there manning the green to remove balls? I would hope so, especially when it's crowded.

Wake, do they have someone out there manning the green to remove balls? I would hope so, especially when it's crowded.

Nope, it was covered in balls. This will get taken care of by the same people who were taking advantage of the system before and just using the green without paying for range balls. Now they will remove the balls from teh green, and then hit them on the range. lol

Let them know you wont be coming back and will tell your friends the same thing. Bad word of mouth plus lost business might make them reconsider at some point.

This. Let them know that this is a ridiculous policy for any serious golfer, and that they have lost a steady customer until the policy is changed.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Do what OEM says and give them a warning email. I'm sure it's to keep all the free loaders away but I didn't think they thought this through and what the impact is on the regulars.

Now the freeloaders will just walk up, pick up a bunch of range balls off the practice green and go hit them on the range for free!

Stupid policy

Well that doesn't seem like a positive change---wish we had some kind of short game practice area aavailable--nothing but the flags to aim at and that silly golf ball at 307yds!

That is absurd, totally. I never hit any chips or putts or sand shots with range balls, never. If I were you I would find another place to practice and tell them why I am going elsewhere.

That is absurd, totally. I never hit any chips or putts or sand shots with range balls, never. If I were you I would find another place to practice and tell them why I am going elsewhere.

The only time I hit range balls on the practice area is when I am working on my swing for chipping and pitching. If I need to actually practice, I am hitting the ball I game.

Man I wish there was a range that had a good short game practice area close to me. When I want to get short range practice, I will go play one particular course that is quite crappy and is usually vacant and work on what I need to work on.

Well I looked into it, and I can join at the YMCA Par 3 course for 13 dollars a month since I'm already a Y member. This includes unlimited range balls and unlimited golf on the Par 3. Can you say win. The downside is its 25 minutes away. But I will probably save $50 or more a month.

Well I looked into it, and I can join at the YMCA Par 3 course for 13 dollars a month since I'm already a Y member. This includes unlimited range balls and unlimited golf on the Par 3. Can you say win. The downside is its 25 minutes away. But I will probably save $50 or more a month.

Good to hear. That practice facility policy was really stupid. Glad you found and alternative.

That's a pretty good solution. I wish my Y would get something like that.

John Deere Tappin...

Just go in to the desk and ask to get a $5.00 bucket of new Pro V1 balls to use on the short game area.

Just go in to the desk and ask to get a $5.00 bucket of new Pro V1 balls to use on the short game area.

I'm hoping that's a joke? If not I'm gonna have a longer drive to get to the range from now on. :)

That policy is called saving nickles to lose dollars.

That's what happens when hands off owners make policy without consulting the staff in the trenches.

Never heard of that crap before, and I've been at this game many years-on both sides of the fence so to speak. The last place I worked they wouldn't allow range balls on the practice chipping and putting greens at all! They even had a couple of home-made 1 1/2 " "pipe brooms" to roll your practice balls off the greens to keep people from punching up the greens with thier ball picker bags. I'd find another range and would be sure to get that "craziness" into a local papers editorial column.

That's weird, I've never heard of that before. You should complain to the Pro

Just goes to show how desperate some courses and facilities are getting with the economy. But this is the wrong way of doing it. The last things you want todo is tick off your current clients. It's easier to keep who you have than get new customers.

iOS using Tapatalk

Sign of the times. Whoever came up with the policy is trying to make money or save money.

I played with a guy in Southern Cal that said that a public course had instituted that policy on the chipping/pitching area. This is a place called Azusa Greens, which has an 18 hole course, a driving range, and putting greens as well. This was earlier this year that I had heard of the policy. He was offended when he was reprimanded when using his own balls at the chipping/pitching area and he never went back. Since he informed me, I've not been back either. Yes,it is a sign of the times. I guess they want to generate income from golfers who only go there to practice the short game and don't spend any dough. But what if you want to warm up before or practice after your round to work on your game ? Now you need to buy a small bucket ? Doesn't seem quite right. Hope the policy has been changed by now.

I agree with most here... I'd find a different range. I see why they're doing it because obviously they don't want people using their facilities for free, but as has been said too, YOUR OWN BALL reacts differently. You can't get valuable short game practice using their gear.

Unfair, no, unless the policy is not uniformly enforced. Unreasonable, perhaps. Ownership is entitled to run it's business anyway it sees fit. It's up to you as to whether or not you want to play along.

Wakerider I'm guessing that you let all your golf buddies in the area know of the change and what you did to fix your problem?

wow, first Ive ever heard of anything like that

Back