What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went and messed around at Golf Galaxy..bought some new Bridgestone balls and looked at a new putter grip :D

Lots of time on THP, watched (and still watching) some golf on TGC and went to the driving range to hit about 75-80 practice balls. Then spent 45 minutes chipping and putting, hope I figured out a flaw with the putter that had been hurting me lately.

I ordered 2 tin cup ball marking sets for my dad and brother-in-law for Christmas...and I might've ordered an extra one for myself.

I'm on my way to play 9 holes. Haven't played in a week and a half.

Took advantage of the last quasi good golf weather today. It was sunny but cold. I went out to play nine to see how recent swing changes would play. Instead of going to the range first I thought I'll go and play cold. Ball striking was real good, ballflight was fantastic and I'm extremely pleased overall for my first round in what seems an eternity.

Shooting a 34 (-1) here in Ontario, Canada on December 3rd is a wonderful thing... heck anytime we get out here December 3rd is a good thing regardless of scores.

Alex

Sunny and low 40's today so tried to go play... but all the courses I tried were already closed for the season. Limited to THPing and watching the Chevron instead.

Played 2 holes & prepped for viewing party.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Stared at my clubs wishing I had time to play!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Took my Belly Putt Kit out of my Ghost Spider. I want to see in my next round how my having the belly putter affects my putting with a regular style putter...and see if it helped it or hurt it.

Got my power angle pro in the mail and have been doing swing drills for hours while watching tv and THP morgan cup videos.

We had unbelievable weather here in Niagara today. It was about 60* on December 4th. I was going to go play but I opted instead to go out with my wife and son for the day. After some sight seeing I took my son to a dome to hit balls something he has requested to do. He was absolutely striping some shots. Repetitive ball marks on the sweet spot. It was only the second time he has hit right-handed. To be honest, I was in awe watching him. His release is just so natural and he was executing things that my coach and I have worked on. I'm always a proud daddy but to see him striking the way he was... unreal. After hitting one bucket he asked for another which we bought. The last two balls he took to a bunker and successfully hit the balls out.

We then ended up at Golf Galaxy... where I bought a belly putter just because. We've already made plans to go next Sunday. Seeing him focus like that for an extended period of time is a great thing. He was diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Alex

We had unbelievable weather here in Niagara today. It was about 60* on December 4th. I was going to go play but I opted instead to go out with my wife and son for the day. After some sight seeing I took my son to a dome to hit balls something he has requested to do. He was absolutely striping some shots. Repetitive ball marks on the sweet spot. It was only the second time he has hit right-handed. To be honest, I was in awe watching him. His release is just so natural and he was executing things that my coach and I have worked on. I'm always a proud daddy but to see him striking the way he was... unreal. After hitting one bucket he asked for another which we bought. The last two balls he took to a bunker and successfully hit the balls out.

We then ended up at Golf Galaxy... where I bought a belly putter just because. We've already made plans to go next Sunday. Seeing him focus like that for an extended period of time is a great thing. He was diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Alex

Thats pretty awesome to hear Alex. Sounds like you might have quite the playing partner on your hands here soon!

That's great to hear Alex. I'm glad you and your kid enjoy the same thing. And nice belly putter pickup! I think you'll love it!

Thats pretty awesome to hear Alex. Sounds like you might have quite the playing partner on your hands here soon!

Absolutely!! I'm looking forward to that for sure. It'll be real nice because I think that time will start coming next summer. Rounds with my "Mini-me" will be a nice change of pace after the "stress" of tournament golf. Santa's sleigh will definitely have one set of clubs delivered to this address.

Alex

Spent a little time on THP :D
and watched Tiger win a golf tournament.

Absolutely!! I'm looking forward to that for sure. It'll be real nice because I think that time will start coming next summer. Rounds with my "Mini-me" will be a nice change of pace after the "stress" of tournament golf. Santa's sleigh will definitely have one set of clubs delivered to this address.

Alex

Nice, be sure to keep us updated on how he's doing! That's some stress free golf right there. How it should be.

Spent a little time on THP :D
and watched Tiger win a golf tournament.

That's exactly what I did today. Well, I also swung my clubs out in my yard because I was itching to go out and play.

That's exactly what I did today. Well, I also swung my clubs out in my yard because I was itching to go out and play.

I will hit the course in the morning, being a retiree, I usually give the course to the working types on the week end and I play or practice 3 to 5 days per week. Almost always on Monday as I don't play many weekends.

Worked out at the gym today. I took the last two days off and this workout flat out stunk. It was brutal. I'm thinking I'm battling some arthritis with the weather today. Because all of my joints killed. I then went to the dome and worked on my swing. Had a real good session but I only hit one bucket that lasted 25 minutes. Tomorrow I work with my coach. He goes in for a heart procedure Thursday... I'm real worried about him. I look at him like a father figure. Ordering a putter headcover from RIFE to cover my Two Bar.

Alex

Played 18 holes this morning and then hit a small bucket of balls after the round to continue to try and groove a better tempo in my swing. Of course I have spent a lot of time on THP reading a lot and posting a little.

I regripped a golf club, THP'ed, and hit about 100 putts over the course of the day in my office.

Played WGT at office for about 10 minutes. Played 6 holes around sundown. Played pretty doggone well too.

Spent some sacred "me" time here on THP. Went to the gym to workout and then struggled through a pre-lunch session at the dome with my coach. It was a real struggle today. Went for lunch with my coach and had a second session at the dome. It was like the morning session an hour earlier didn't even happen. Tried to order from RIFE this evening they don't deal with Canadian orders at this time. Bummer.

Alex

The only golf thing I could do today because of the weather and work was THP! Thank You THP for being my golf course while I can't be out playing on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back