Tiger Woods 2013 Cover - Rickie

I don't like Rickie Fowler, and I'm a teenager. The guy tried to wear his hat backwards at a tournament. Okay, cool "bro". He's a little too out there for me. Flat brimmed hats aren't doing it for me on the golf course.

I wear snabbacks and flatbacks att the time but you are right now on the golf course.

He wore his hat backwards because he was being polite so the interviewers could see his face and hold his hair back

I don't like Rickie Fowler, and I'm a teenager. The guy tried to wear his hat backwards at a tournament. Okay, cool "bro". He's a little too out there for me. Flat brimmed hats aren't doing it for me on the golf course.

I like the new cover, but I can't help but think Tiger is trying to do whatever he can to bring people back to his game. Whether it be that the game is the same every year with a couple of new courses, or that they produce a game with only half the courses and then want you to pay $5/course to download the rest of them in order to enjoy the game, or just that some fans don't like him any more and refuse to supprt him. But I think this move to add Rickie to the cover is a way to get some fans back to the game. Maybe he thinks people will buy the game because Rickie is on the cover? Maybe that is why he had a vote to see who would be on it, because he wanted to most support he could get for a player, that way if they were on the cover maybe people will buy it. I admit, I buy the game every year just for the new courses and equipment, but I don't download all the extra stuff because I refuse to pay extra $$$ for stuff that should already be in the game and I think that is shady on EA Sports' part. I just play the courses that are on the game against my friends, and I just don't play through the season that requires you to purchase all those courses...But I am sure that there are thousands of other people that have quit buying it for that fact so he is doing what he can to get people to buy the game again, so he puts a new fan-favorite on the cover.

I had TW 10 for Wii and I loved it, but got bored after 2 years and sold it. I might buy 13 when it comes out for updated courses, graphics, and equipment / players. You are right when you say people don't buy it since it is so similar year in and year out.

He wore his hat backwards because he was being polite so the interviewers could see his face and hold his hair back

I thought he tried to play with it like that and the course officials told him he had to change it. I may be wrong, but that's what I thought.

I thought he tried to play with it like that and the course officials told him he had to change it. I may be wrong, but that's what I thought.
He didn't try to play like that. It was during a press conference.

I was not aware of that. I never really looked too much into it. Thanks for the correction. Still not a fan of Fowler. I think he should reconsider the orange on Sundays until he starts to play well. Right now the orange stands for losing. :D I do hope he wins a few to get the youth on Tour some more wins though.

But, you are correct, he has done nothing to warrant being on a cover of a video game, but if it sells more copies because of him being there, then EA got it right.
It's not the first time it has happened. Heck, Peyton Hillis on Madden? Madden is arguably the most popular sports game. What did Hillis do to deserve to be on the game? He had one decent season. Not even the best at his position last year. At least Rickie is popular with the younger generation. Just because he hasn't won doesn't mean he hasn't done anything. He has brought a ton of people to golf and has got them interested. Everyone says the game is losing followers and needs the younger generation to get involved. That is exactly what Rickie has done.

The cover needs a lefty. Bubba should've won.

How can we argue about him not deserving to be on a video game? The people voted...

How can we argue about him not deserving to be on a video game? The people voted...

Performance-wise I agree. Based on popularity he clearly deserves it. But I always thought of the guys with the best performance as the guys being on the cover of sports games.

The same way anytime things are voted.
Take the Morgan Cup for instance. There is a panel that is voting on. But we know as soon as the names are chosen, someone will argue that they thought their videos were better. They might not voice it publicly, but its just natural feeling I guess.

Just because a vote takes place, does not mean a debate cannot occur.

Take the Morgan Cup for instance. There is a panel that is voting on. But we know as soon as the names are chosen, someone will argue that they thought their videos were better. They might not voice it publicly, but its just natural feeling I guess.

I agree 100%! It's no different than the MC or a Presidential election for that matter...no matter how big a margin they win by, there are always people that voted the other way and will want to debate the outcome.

See: American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, any other god awful contest based TV show. The best in talent doesn't always win, just the person who gets the most people to vote for them. Justin Bieber could have been a write in candidate. Had the contest been a complete write in candidate, he would probably be on the cover of the video game. And then I would have to go to jail for homicide.

Exactly. The best performance doesnt always win, hence: Tiger is still on the cover :alien:

See: American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, any other god awful contest based TV show. The best in talent doesn't always win, just the person who gets the most people to vote for them. Justin Bieber could have been a write in candidate. Had the contest been a complete write in candidate, he would probably be on the cover of the video game. And then I would have to go to jail for homicide.

Performance-wise I agree. Based on popularity he clearly deserves it. But I always thought of the guys with the best performance as the guys being on the cover of sports games.
That being the case there would be 2 different guys all together. I like Fowler, I like he brings a different genre of people to the table. He hasn't hurt anything IMO. He made the cover based on a poplularity vote. At no time was a question posed to the voters like "are you sure he's the best golfer of 2011?" Just a total vote count. And I think in the end it in fact will sell more games. Fowler appears with diffrent "X-Gamers" and has a following.

So let me play devils advocate...

I guess Rory deserves to be on the cover for his blow up last year and winning only one major? That qualifies someone as being worthy?
I'm just curious in the answers(personally bubba should have been on the cover)

So let me play devils advocate...

I guess Rory deserves to be on the cover for his blow up last year and winning only one major? That qualifies someone as being worthy?
I'm just curious in the answers(personally bubba should have been on the cover)

Im no gamer and dont really care one way or another, but to say a multiple winner on tour including a major does not deserve something over someone that has never won a thing is a little odd.

Im no gamer and dont really care one way or another, but to say a multiple winner on tour including a major does not deserve something over someone that has never won a thing is a little odd.

He's won the hearts of many a 13 year old girl.

PS that mustache he was sporting for Movember was absolutely brutal.

Exactly. The best performance doesnt always win, hence: Tiger is still on the cover :alien:

Haha well when it's your video game, I think you get to make the rules up as you go.

Never saw that train wreck. I was too in awe of Ogilvy and Appleby's to notice his.

He's won the hearts of many a 13 year old girl.

He is the Justin Bieber of Golf...which is why I don't like him...but it's good publicity for him anyway.

And maybe not even that, throwing the video out, someone will still think they belonged over someone else. It's human nature.

Yikes. That is a fluffy stache.

Ricky sure does bring out some intense feelings in folks. I don't really care whether he's on that video game cover or not. He's pretty popular with the younger folks and that's fine with me. Seems like a nice guy. I think the whole ensemble he sports is silly looking, but I'm pretty sure that some people said the same thing about me at one point.

Ricky's 'stache is horrid. Worse than Cookie's even. :D Kidding!

Back