Adam Yauch Passes Away

blugold

Autobots, ROLL OUT!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Adam Yauch aka "MCA" of the Beastie Boys passed away after battling cancer. As a fan of the group's music, this is a sad day. To think that his mind will not be contributing anymore to the world of music makes it a sad day.

I still maintain that "Paul's Boutique" is one of the best albums ever made and is on a different level of genious.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/adam-yauch-dead-age-47-171332687.html

Adam Yauch Dead at Age 47

WireImageAccording to breaking-news reports this morning from Rolling Stone and TMZ, Adam "MC" Yauch, co-founder of Grammy-winners and recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees the Beastie Boys, has died at age 47. Yauch is survived by his wife and daughter. As of this writing, it is unclear if his death is related to the cancer he was treated for in 2009.
Yauch revealed he had cancer in a salivary gland in his neck in July 2009, which delayed the group's touring plans and scheduled September 2009 release of Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 1. The album, later titled Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 2, eventually came out in April 2011. Last year, Yauch announced that he was optimistic about treatment, but was not yet cancer-free.
Last month, Yauch did not attend the Beasties' induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. A representative told Rolling Stone at the time: "Beastie Boys regret that Adam 'MCA' Yauch will be unable to join Mike 'Mike D' Diamond and Adam 'Adrock' Horovitz at the band's induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in April. Mike, Adam and Adam are truly grateful for the honor but with only two of the three Beastie Boys attending, they will unfortunately not be able to perform at the ceremony."
More on this story as it develops.

Just heard this a few min. ago. Truly a said day in hip-hop and music in general. RIP to a great.

No sleep till brooklyn.... always ahead of their time... even in death.

Adam Yauch aka "MCA" of the Beastie Boys passed away after battling cancer. As a fan of the group's music, this is a sad day. To think that his mind will not be contributing anymore to the world of music makes it a sad day.

I still maintain that "Paul's Boutique" is one of the best albums ever made and is on a different level of genious.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/adam-yauch-dead-age-47-171332687.html

Agreed 100%. That album was a major part of my teenage years and I am so glad I finally got to see them perform live. RIP MCA

Beastie Boys....man I love those guys. Might be one of my all time fav groups. Sad day for Beastie fans and fans of music everywhere. RIP MCA.

Beastie Boys....man I love those guys. Might be one of my all time fav groups. Sad day for Beastie fans and fans of music everywhere. RIP MCA.

Same here....this is what I grew up on, especially the high school years. RIP

the music industry lost a true icon today.
so glad that The Beastie Boys were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame earlier this year, especially now.

R.I.P. MCA
I grew up listening to the Beasties, one of my personal regrets is never seeing them live :(

Sad freaking day. Beasties are one of my all time favorites. Way too young.RIP

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Paul's Boutique and Licensed to Ill are probably my most played albums ever.

I was so let down in 2001? I had tickets to thier concert with Rage Against the machine and it was postponed after Mike D broke his collarbone, and then cancelled after RATM broke up.

This is sad. I like that band.

My name is MCA I got a license to Ill.....brass monkey that funky monkey

RIP MCA

legends

Born and bred Brooklyn - U.S.A.
They call me Adam Yauch - but I'm M.C.A.
Like a lemon to a lime - a lime to a lemon
I sip the def ale with all the fly women

I hit the range this morning with my ipod crammed with the Beasties. It wasn't a great hitting session because all I wanted to do was bop my head to the music. Man their stuff is so good. I even bought one of their instrumental albums which still blows my mind - jazzy, hip-hop, rock. Those guys really built themselves into way more than rappers - true artists. Also having seen what cancer can do to a body, to a soul, I can only hope MCA, and everyone who goes through that, can find humor and happiness throughout.

Man, we lost a true artist. The Beasties have always been badass. The world will miss MCA. RIP Adam.

I missed this thread over the weekend. I am a huge BB fan and MCA was one of the best. RIP MCA.

Back