Tiger woods' best round

Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
We've had some bets going all day wondering who was going to be the guy to start this thread. Way to go TC1 you both win and lose.

ARTICLE

We might have blamed Fred Couples for his Presidents Cup pick of Tiger Woods over some of the younger players that had a great year, but if Friday was any indication of what we could see from Tiger, Couples might come off like a genius.According to Tim Rosaforte, Tiger broke the course record at The Medalist, a Greg Norman design in Florida, on Friday, shooting a 62 to best the previous record by two shots. How did he do it? By posting a back-nine 29 that included seven birdies, not bad for a man that has broke 70 only once on tour since returning from injury in August.
Yes, it was just a practice round of sorts and didn't count for anything on the PGA Tour, but it's still an impressive number by the former world number one.
What does this tell us about Tiger's game? Well, not a lot really, because it wasn't really a competition of sorts, but at least he's producing scores on tough golf courses. I've heard from a couple LPGA friends of mine that Tiger has been asking just about anyone with a staff bag to tee it up in hopes of sharpening his game, and if that's the case, bravo Tiger, because it seems to be working.
Also, don't forget that in 1997, the week before the Masters, Tiger fired a 59 at Isleworth, so maybe there is a bit of a correlation between good play at home and good play on tour.
We will see this coming week when Tiger takes to the stage at the Frys.com Open.

Right on. Im so glad to hear this, I hope he comes out firing.

This line is the best, and something that I LOVED reading.

What does this tell us about Tiger's game? Well, not a lot really, because it wasn't really a competition of sorts, but at least he's producing scores on tough golf courses. I've heard from a couple LPGA friends of mine that Tiger has been asking just about anyone with a staff bag to tee it up in hopes of sharpening his game, and if that's the case, bravo Tiger, because it seems to be working.

We've had some bets going all day wondering who was going to be the guy to start this thread. Way to go TC1 you both win and lose.

Who's "we've"?

Who's "we've"?

People with Blackberries, and bbm chat Im assuming.

Possibly but there are other ways to commuincate as well. It was just interesting to wait and see how long till this thread was started, I was actually shocked at how long it took.

On topic however, good for Tiger, TGC is pumping him playing in the event next week pretty hard so for their sake I hope he shows up and brings it.

I hope he comes back strong.

Oh yes.....another Tiger thread! :popcorn:

Congratulations, but if he does something similar during this competition I will eat my left sock.

Possibly but there are other ways to commuincate as well. It was just interesting to wait and see how long till this thread was started, I was actually shocked at how long it took.

On topic however, good for Tiger, TGC is pumping him playing in the event next week pretty hard so for their sake I hope he shows up and brings it.

Smoke signals? Pigeons? Telepathy?

Nah, I got the answer to my question.

Go Tiger!

Last time TW broke a course record he won the masters, he shot 59 at Isleworth with mark omera. Btw medalist is no joke from the tips. Lots of forced carries, he had to hitting it well. I hope he does well.

Kongfrontation

Congratulations, but if he does something similar during this competition I will eat my left sock.

You'd better hope he actually doesn't because you will not hear the end of it from us if he does.

On second thought, you should probably hope he does. That could be a good idea for a MC 2.0 audition. :D

You'd better hope he actually doesn't because you will not hear the end of it from us if he does.

On second thought, you should probably hope he does. That could be a good idea for a MC 2.0 audition. :D
Bwhahahaha, You're on fire today bud!

I saw this on twitter this morning. Maybe something has clicked and he will actually start playing some decent golf.

You gotta eat one if those socks you wear on Friday night... Yum yum dim sum..hehe

Kongfrontation

Oh dear. I don't even like Chinese food.
You gotta eat one if those socks you wear on Friday night... Yum yum dim sum..hehe

Kongfrontation

Mass Tiger email chain

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

If he can win the Frys next week he's definitely back.

Kevin

Good. I can't wait to watch him next week.

If he can win the Frys next week he's definitely back.

Kevin

You really believe so? He's not going against the competition that was on tour like say 3 weeks ago? (just my thought)

You really believe so? He's not going against the competition that was on tour like say 3 weeks ago? (just my thought)

That's true but I agree he'll be back with any win. I think it's about the confidence.

Back