A Wonderfully Planned Weekend Gone Horribly Wrong

stu929

Reaction score
Handicap
So much to my surprise in addition to the gift I received on my birthday my lovely wife also planned a romantic weekend get away during which the kids would be watched and we would spend the night away and get up and play 18 potentially 36 holes the next day (All without me knowing). Upon arriving home and loading the car to get things ready for our weekend we noticed we cannot find her clubs in the shed where we store them. Upon further investigation we find other things missing as well. Luckily I had my sticks in the trunk as I generally keep them on me during the summer plus I was in a scramble on Wednesday. Now what was set to be a fun weekend of us hacking it around the gold course together for the first time in 2 years probably will not happen.

In addition to the bag, her shoes, and rain gear that were in the bag are gone as well and my wife is now in tears. Though most of these sticks were probably 3-4 years old they were hers and she loved them. Plus more importantly she hit them very well. Part of me says just go and rent a set which we will probably do and replace them but to be completely honest the funds barely support my golf habit and have no room in them to replace a complete set of clubs, shoes, etc.

While I know it probably is not the best idea to keep them in the shed we have a fully fenced back yard and dogs that are usually out back and up until now we have never had anything stolen from the back yard. It also appears a weed whacker and few other odds and ends are missing as well.

I feel really bad for her especially since she keeps apologizing to me since I was so excited when I found out about the trip after returning home from work today.

So much for the best laid plans!

Steve

That sucks - sorry to hear this man. Worth messing with a home insurance claim?

Tappin' from my iPad!

I'm so sorry. Hopefully you guys can still have a good weekend! I was broken Into this summer it's super violating

Sorry to hear that. Try not to let it ruin your weekend.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, had my stolen a few years ago and it sucks

Sorry to hear about that. The nerve of some people to do that.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I would be contacting the insurance company they should replace them for you

Sorry to hear that man, that sucks. Home owners or renters insurance?

Wow I'm sorry man. That really must be awful. I always keep my clubs in my car because if I lost them I might die.

Wow I'm sorry man. That really must be awful. I always keep my clubs in my car because if I lost them I might die.

I used to keep them in my car until my sister's car got broken into right in front of her house in the middle of the day. They've quickly been moved to a more secure area.

Cars get broken into as well. Mine did.

Turning in to the insurance all depends on what your deductible is.

I used to keep them in my car until my sister's car got broken into right in front of her house in the middle of the day. They've quickly been moved to a more secure area.

Wow that also sucks. I use them after school every day so I need them in my car, and I'm not sure where I can keep them that's more secure. In my car in my garage.

Thats no good, sorry your wife's clubs were stolen. Sorry about your weekend.

Kongfrontation

So sorry to hear this. I hope that your insurance covers your loss, and hope that you can salvage your weekend getaway with or without golf.

Ugh, that's terrible! I've never stolen anything in my life and I haven't the slightest clue what makes people do that. I'm sorry your wife is devistated, I feel for you guys.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

Damn that sucks big time.Well I hope you go & spend the night away. It will be tough but it might help.

oh man, sorry to hear that!! Hope you guys can still have a great time and get things sorted. Totally wish I could help, but I don't have any women's clubs around :/

thanks for all the kind words, I am actually reaching out to someone I know that's on the way for the trip to try to borrow their sticks. Luckily she is 5 10 and plays softball so some men's reg or men's senior should work for right now.

thanks again just needed to vent, went from super excited to super bummed in a very short time may call home owners afterall!

Sorry to hear that your clubs were stolen. Getting clubs stolen from from car trunks & SUVs used to be a problem in the DC area. Sad, but it can happen anywhere.

Sorry to hear it neo, at least you know your wife had some great plans for you, that's worth a bunch. Good luck, hope all works out.

Tap,Tap,Tap

That's horrible news, I hope your insurance can help you out.

I had a set stolen that way. You may want to reconsider.

That suuuucks. I hope that loss didn't get in the way of the weekend fun.

There have been numerous threads on this started in the last several months. I was one of them, bro. It really sucks as it seems like this is becoming waaay to commonplace nowadays. Some people just deserve to be tarred and feathered.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Back