Amazon Kindle help

KevvDogg

Reaction score
Handicap
I just bought my fiance a new kindle for mother's day, and I am trying to set it all up for her so all she has to do is turn it on and start reading.. now I work with computers all day long and am pretty snazzy with the issues and gettign them fixed, BUT for some reason I cannot connect this thing to my WI-FI, I have entered in all the info it asks for, IP address, DNAS and router addresses, and I still get the error it cannot connect to WI-FI. Does anyone on here own a kindle and if so did you have these issues. Please Help?

I have not had any trouble with either our Fire or regular Kindle, so I am not sure I can be much help. I know some had issues, but I have not encountered these. Perhaps resetting your router will help it recognize.

I have not had any trouble with either our Fire or regular Kindle, so I am not sure I can be much help. I know some had issues, but I have not encountered these. Perhaps resetting your router will help it recognize.

LOL you know that is about the only thing I havent tried yet,, thanks I will try that once I get home..just hope its not faulty

I don't have a kindle but my son just recently had trouble connecting his PSP to my router because I'm using WPA2 and the PSP apparently doesn't do WPA2. Maybe your problem is similar?

Is your wifi "secured"?

If yes, did you input the security key?

Is your wifi "secured"?

If yes, did you input the security key?

not secured, I do have an option to enter a security code but when I move the cursor to the option it removes all my info for the router and IPS and all that. I have tried both ways just to make sure but still no go.

thanks for that suggestion

I don't have a kindle but my son just recently had trouble connecting his PSP to my router because I'm using WPA2 and the PSP apparently doesn't do WPA2. Maybe your problem is similar?

the only way the kindle lets me input that info in is when I have it on static, when i choose the other WPA options it greys out the WI-FI info so I can't enter it

thanks for the suggestion

This is a good start. I do this (onsite computer repair) for a living. Some devices won't connect to some routers at some security levels. Login to your router and turn off the security to see if it will connect. Also, you shouldn't have to entet an IP, DNS, etc, the Kindle should get.all that via DHCP.

Post again, if still having problems. On my phone right now.

This is a good start. I do this (onsite computer repair) for a living. Some devices won't connect to some routers at some security levels. Login to your router and turn off the security to see if it will connect. Also, you shouldn't have to entet an IP, DNS, etc, the Kindle should get.all that via DHCP.

Post again, if still having problems. On my phone right now.

That's what I thought also, but when I hit connect to WI_FI it doesn;t connect then it gives me the option to manually connect, whihc that is when I have to enter all that info. My router isnt secure anymore I turned that off ( son asking me for passowrd every five seconds ), another reason I thought I might have a faulty device. I will try this again when I get home from work and If you don't mind could I PM you when I am home if I have further issues?

Depending on the router check to see if you have a firmware update for it. I had issues with my iPhone with an older router and outdated firmware.

Also looks like even the cheapest Kindle reader supports all the latest encryptions and wireless tech:

Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS); does not connect to WPA and WPA2 secured networks using 802.1X authentication methods; does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.

Maybe posting the model of router you have would help.

Depending on the router check to see if you have a firmware update for it. I had issues with my iPhone with an older router and outdated firmware.

Also looks like even the cheapest Kindle reader supports all the latest encryptions and wireless tech:

Maybe posting the model of router you have would help.

Thanks for the info,,, I have a netgear router, nothing special about it, it's prob one if not the first one they came out with. I would think it has the most updated since I do use my iphone and I have to update that once a week on the computer, and I have no issues, also I have 360 set up wireless and that all goes through the router with out any issues at all

That's what I thought also, but when I hit connect to WI_FI it doesn;t connect then it gives me the option to manually connect, whihc that is when I have to enter all that info. My router isnt secure anymore I turned that off ( son asking me for passowrd every five seconds ), another reason I thought I might have a faulty device. I will try this again when I get home from work and If you don't mind could I PM you when I am home if I have further issues?

Yeah, pm if you need too. updating the firmware is a good idea. Go to NetGear's website and download the latest firmware and update it.

Back