ziggy.365

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys,
So I have a fairly decent workout plan for just staying in shape and getting stronger. I can post it if anyone likes. I was wondering if anyone knew any golf related workouts that I could do to help my golf game. Also any key areas to target when working out for the golf swing. Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out Golf Fitness mondays at 530pm on GC. It's run by TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) and offers a variety of exercises to help with power, core strength and flexibility. I believe their website is myTPI.com. Really good stuff.

I view a lot of claimed golf specific exercises to be more drills than anything else. For an absolute positive effect on your golf game, I'd recommend simply strengthening your core. Not just sit-ups and crunches. Chops, planks, wheel extensions, etc.

I view a lot of claimed golf specific exercises to be more drills than anything else. For an absolute positive effect on your golf game, I'd recommend simply strengthening your core. Not just sit-ups and crunches. Chops, planks, wheel extensions, etc.

This. Plus golf specific exercises risk making you much stronger on one side, which isn't preferrable.

What your needs are...well, that depends on you. I needed a lot of leg strength and flexibility. I also had to focus a lot on my explosiveness. I was already quite strong in my back, but my abs needed work to help me keep my posture in the downswing. I was also a lot stronger on my left side than right, so I had to build that up too.

But in general I'd say the key areas for the golf swing are:
1. Flexibility.
2. Core.
3. Legs.
4. Explosiveness.
5. Chest and arms for stability.

Last year I did 15-20 minute core workouts with a medicine ball 3-4 days per week. This year I just run 3 days a week. Both have had an equally positive effect for me.

Tennis Physical fitness and health monday at 530pm on GC. It's run by TPI and provides a wide range of workouts to help with power, primary durability and versatility.

Hey guys,
So I have a fairly decent workout plan for just staying in shape and getting stronger. I can post it if anyone likes. I was wondering if anyone knew any golf related workouts that I could do to help my golf game. Also any key areas to target when working out for the golf swing. Any help would be appreciated!

Post them

Kettle bell swings! From my personal experience they seem to work the core and burn massive calories. You can find some DIY instructions on you tube also search 4 hour body Tim Ferris has some great data on the kettle bell. After doing the swings stand in your normal golf posture and you feel the how they will benefit your game.

Drinking beer is a great workout!

i would suggest looking into the TPI website and the TPI program as a whole. They have a large group of instructors across the country that can set up an evaluation and tell you specifically what aspects of the body you need to improve to get the most out of your golf swing. I was severely hurt last summer and got set up with a TPI instructor that has had me on a core specific workout 3 times a week and it is amazing the difference im am seeing in the way my angles are throughout my swing compared to where I was before I even got injured.

Kettle bell swings! From my personal experience they seem to work the core and burn massive calories. You can find some DIY instructions on you tube also search 4 hour body Tim Ferris has some great data on the kettle bell. After doing the swings stand in your normal golf posture and you feel the how they will benefit your game.

This is a great work out tool, sumo squats will really work the legs out too.

Check out tedvickey.com for some routines...
he's a former white house fitness guy and has written a few books on fitness for golf!

Hey guys,

Back