Should I be Upset???

portman

Reaction score
Handicap
I have today off so I went to a local driving range after finishing all the "honey do's".
The range was pretty full but I had no problem find a mad to hit on.
Half way through my bucket this guy came next to me and started hitting only his driver.
I think he was using a TM R9 and the sound was so loud and so piercing it hurt my brain.
The guy was pretty strong (and probably angry at work because he was wearing work dress with and dress shoes but a t-shirt on top) and he was hitting really hard.
I wanted to tell him to stop because my ears were ringing and it was getting uncomfortable.
Luckily I was able to finish my bucket and I packed up and ran really fast.
Should or could I have told him to stop hitting his driver or at least asked him not to hit so hard?

I have today off so I went to a local driving range after finishing all the "honey do's".
Half way through my bucket this guy came next to me and started hitting only his driver.
I think he was using a TM R9 and the sound was so loud and so piercing it hurt my brain.
The guy was pretty strong (and probably angry at work because he was wearing work dress with and dress shoes but a t-shirt on top) and he was hitting really hard.
I wanted to tell him to stop because my ears were ringing and it was getting uncomfortable.
Should or could I have told him to stop hitting his driver or at least asked him not to hit so hard?

IMO if you would of told him to stop or even asked him to stop you would of been out of line, its a driving range, thats what you do at a range. Best option would of been for you to find a differnt spot and if that wasnt possible either deal with it or leave. I know I sound like a ahole but how in the world could you even possibly think to tell somebody to stop hitting their driver because it was loud. Thats like going to a bar and getting annoyed there are drunk people lol.

Sorry, it's a driving range, he paid for his bucket and can hit what club hr wants as hard as he wants.

I say no. Much easier to just move. It is a driving range. There is bound to be some club noise.

If I was at the beginning of my bucket I would probably moved like all of you suggested. I have never encountered this type of situation so I thought I would ask you guys.

sucks to hear but everyone is right. Its a driving range, enough said.

usually if you have to ask the answer is NO.

TY

usually if you have to ask the answer is NO.

TY

Honey, can we........? NO! LOL

Agree with the others - driving range: expect the worst.

Yeah it's a public place. I'll go ti the driving range and hit whatever club as hard as I want. I wouldn't be that guy though, I generally try to be considerate.

I don't think you should be upset, but he should've been more considerate.

I hit the range after work with driver only in hand quite often. I dont usually rage hit the driver, but there are plenty of times I get frustrated with my power fade aka slice that it probably seems like I am pi$$ed.

It's a driving range, regardless of what someone hits, they paid the same price you did to do the same thing you are doing. No reason to complain.

It would have been bad form to ask someone to stop doing what your were doing, PRACTICE! glad you didn't

Kongfrontation

uhhh, it's a driving range.

However, should this happen again I think you should speak your mind. I'm kind of curious as to what happens next.

That is the point of a driving range. No, you shouldn't have said anything.

Absolutely not could you tell him not to hit his driver. He paid the same as you

You should start hitting your driver harder and condition your hears so that the angry golfers wont bother you in the future.

I'd be way more upset if you asked me to stop hitting driver than you could ever be to hear me hit it. BTW, does a driver reallymake THAT much more noise when being hit 'hard' that 'normal'?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this.

Hmmm...i'm assuming he would've hit you as hard as he was hitting his driver if you asked him to stop.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

Hmmm...i'm assuming he would've hit you as hard as he was hitting his driver if you asked him to stop.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

That's a new one. Very funny though.

I would have went and got my ipod or got some Toilet Paper and put it in my ears and just stayed there. I would not have asked him to stop.

Is this range enclosed? Hard to imagine a driver making that much noise to hurt your brain. Unless kids are crying, you don't stop pounding that sucker!

Back