NW Oregon/ SW Wash. THP get-together

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
dr teeth mentioned to me that we should tee it up soon after i tried to snag his wedges he had for sale. someone beat me to em :mad:. anyways. to all of the THPer's in NW OR/SW WA: I'm trying to set up a round on JUNE 16TH, SATURDAY, for 2 rounds at Heron Lakes in PDX. one round on the GreenBack, one on the Great Blue. i was thinking we could get carts, lunch in the middle of the rounds, and whoever wants to play both rounds, great, and whoever can only do one, can play either side, and hook up with us at the beginning of either round. thinking we could tee off on the first round around 8/9, that way we'd get done with both rounds around 5 or 6, be home around 7 at latest. i believe the greens fees for each course is around $27, and a cart is probably around $15.

So far, heres the people that will be going.

Playing GreenBack:
-oregon golfer
-swampertwo
-thegeekgolfer
-Bahester

Great Blue & GreenBack:
-thegeekgolfer
-swampertwo
-me?

Last edited:
that's fine, just give me some days and courses to work with.

I would be up for this too. Some more courses near PDX that are in the price range for consideration that would be around or less than $40:

Heron Lakes (2 courses would allow for possible replay)
Wildwood (fun, lots of elevation changes)
Camas Meadows
OGA Golf Course

forgot about heron! will add them. possibly langdon?

never played OGA, camas, or wildwood. and they're all fairly far from my house. would need a way out.

OG, how does playing both herons sound? you think anybody else would be good with this idea? get out at like 8, get done around 5? the people who come and don't want to play both sides can play either side with us. i would totally be up for that, but i'd probably have to get a cart. that'd be around $65 i think. pretty sure it's around $27 for 18 on either course, and cart is probably around $12.. i would totally be up for that.

I am in for a get together. I haven't played Great Blue (Heron Lakes) and would like too. But any of those courses sound good to me. Langdon is always fun and I have heard good things about Chehalem. I can do later this month, this weekend I will be out of town, but May or early June should work.

LET'S PLAN ON SATURDAY, JUNE 16TH. play the green back and great blue, lunch in between rounds, w/ a cart. tee off around 8:30? if you're up for this let me know, and let other OR/WA golfers know.

Last edited:
Edit: June 16th

Last edited:
Sweet, June 30th sounds good to me.

Pm me if you are in, what course you want to play, if both, if you want a cart, and when you would be okay with starting the first round if you want to do both.

Im sorry guys i forgot im leaving on the 28th. Looks like its going back to the 16th.

is anybody up for this? D:

I'm up for it.

Dr. Teeth, are you playing both courses or just the blue?
and i will need someone else to ride in a cart with, because when i called they said you have to be 18 y/o to drive, and there is no way i can walk 36 with my excessive foot pains..
O.G. could you please set up the tee times once i/we figure out who exactly is going to play what, please? if i tried, i'd probably confuse them (and myself).

I should be good for both but I am not sure. I will let you know tomorrow.

Bummer. I would absolutely love to get together with all of you. Unfortunately (really, fortunately) I will be in Hawaii. I graduate on June 9th and am leaving the 11th for ten days. :bananadance:

That being said, I actually work at Heron Lakes. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help set this up!

Count me in, love Heron lakes! I'll probably walk the first round & then maybe grab a cart on the greenback.

sounds good, will put you down. i will probably do the same.

Bummer. I would absolutely love to get together with all of you. Unfortunately (really, fortunately) I will be in Hawaii. I graduate on June 9th and am leaving the 11th for ten days. :bananadance:
congrats!

That being said, I actually work at Heron Lakes. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help set this up!

(check your profile)

could you possibly get us some sort of discount? ;o

May not work now, wife wants to visit dad for father's day weekend. Let u know.

Keep us posted..

Anybody else?

I really wish I could, but I will be back home that weekend!

Back