Morgan Cup 2.0 - Is Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that Drumdog is one of the best putters I have ever seen! He could putt with a drum stick and still beat most guys.
Were we watching the same guy? Have you spent time with him aside from the round I was with you at? I was thinking that his salty 2.x handicap could easily be a +2 if the guy could putt! :D

I will say that Drumdog is one of the best putters I have ever seen! He could putt with a drum stick and still beat most guys.

Well, like I said, when he putts like that at an Outing or whatever then I'll put stock in it. I've seen plenty of good putters at the MC, and I'm one of them. Hopefully you two guys make it in on chunky's team, that way Jake and I can send you boys packing back to the Pac NW with nothing but a lesson in humility.

Were we watching the same guy? Have you spent time with him aside from the round I was with you at? I was thinking that his salty 2.x handicap could easily be a +2 if the guy could putt! :D

He was putting well enough to impress the TM guys! If you remember they sent him a putter to test out, because they were so impressed.

Did Dr. Teeth adopt Drumcircle? or vice versa? It's getting weird in here.

Chunkylurker has hit work cut out for him trying to manage this sort of oddness.

He was putting well enough to impress the TM guys! If you remember they sent him a putter to test out, because they were so impressed.

You could flip that and say "TM thought he needed so much help with his putting that they sent him a putter that might do the trick".

You could flip that and say "TM thought he needed so much help with his putting that they sent him a putter that might do the trick".

I would almost guarantee that's what it was. In fact, the TM rep was telling us about how he felt bad for the "other two guys" at the Kingdom with Jake. Words like, "hopeless" and "depressing" were being used.

Well, like I said, when he putts like that at an Outing or whatever then I'll put stock in it. I've seen plenty of good putters at the MC, and I'm one of them. Hopefully you two guys make it in on chunky's team, that way Jake and I can send you boys packing back to the Pac NW with nothing but a lesson in humility.

Yes please! I hope we make it too and I would love to be on Chunky's team along side of Drumdog! However, I don't know if I need any lessons in humility as I am already the most humble person I know.

I would almost guarantee that's what it was. In fact, the TM rep was telling us about how he felt bad for the "other two guys" at the Kingdom with Jake. Words like, "hopeless" and "depressing" were being used.

I love hearing things like "When we got together he was awesome". Sounds like Ole Gray speaking about playing with the old ladies. Outing approved and events like the MC are a little different. Nerves set in that are not quite there when you are rolling putts at some fitting center or on some local course.

If that was the case I would have received the putter :D

Guaranteeing wins is never a good thing Doc. You might have to calm drumstick down a little bit. He's writing checks for the two of you and Jake and I don't mess around. We are birdie machines. We toy with our prey like a Lion does the springbok.

I love hearing things like "When we got together he was awesome". Sounds like Ole Gray speaking about playing with the old ladies. Outing approved and events like the MC are a little different. Nerves set in that are not quite there when you are rolling putts at some fitting center or on some local course.

Yes sir. I'd be willing to bet about anything that Ole Gray lays a massive turd this weekend in Georgia. He's a home course golfer. The world is full of them.

Oh geez. If I make the MC 2.0 you guys will rip my putting apart. I'm such a bad putter.

I need to work on making birdies. I just can't convert the putts

Putting is what wins points in the MC. I'm dead serious. If you can't putt or make putts, you'll get eaten alive.

Putting is what wins points in the MC. I'm dead serious. If you can't putt or make putts, you'll get eaten alive.

It is what I will be concentrating on

there is definitely a big emphasis on short game and putting. There is nothing more deflating than when your opponent looks dead in the water and gets up and down repeatedly

It is what I will be concentrating on

My suggestion: from now until the event, every time you play golf, play match play. You need to be in situations where you simply have to execute a shot or make a putt. My brother and I must have shared 40-50 rounds of golf and every time, we played against each other. It felt weird tee'ing it up for the first time after the MC. There was nothing on the line.

I'll say this, those that have been to MC will have a leg up on rookies. Nothing you do will prepare you for what is in store for all those that get chosen. Good putters, bad putters, short, tall, gamers and hacks. Experience will play a role in calming the massive herd of butterflies in your stomachs and the shakes that come from being on camera. No doubt we can hold our own but when he rubber hits the road and you are on site.....make no mistake, water wont fix that cotton mouth and its real....oh it's real!!!!

I'll say this, those that have been to MC will have a leg up on rookies. Nothing you do will prepare you for what is in store for all those that get chosen. Good putters, bad putters, short, tall, gamers and hacks. Experience will play a role in calming the massive herd of butterflies in your stomachs and the shakes that come from being on camera. No doubt we can hold our own but when he rubber hits the road and you are on site.....make no mistake, water wont fix that cotton mouth and its real....oh it's real!!!!

COuldn't have said it better. You literally cannot prepare for months of build up on this forum, all the smack talk, then boom! You put that peg in the ground on the first tee. I don't care who you are, it's nerve wracking.

COuldn't have said it better. You literally cannot prepare for months of build up on this forum, all the smack talk, then boom! You put that peg in the ground on the first tee. I don't care who you are, it's nerve wracking.

I agree with both of you. For those that are returning, they have already been through it. But they will still be nervous. Maybe not as nervous as the first time around. It's a different experience than I ever faced.

Yes sir. I'd be willing to bet about anything that Ole Gray lays a massive turd this weekend in Georgia. He's a home course golfer. The world is full of them.

Home course golfer huh? We will talk about that after next Sunday big guy. Plus I have played in the blitz at DawgDaddy's course and have been in the money four straight weeks in a row. I love it when I am called a home course golfer. Like I said we shall see after playing Old Union this weekend. Keep thinking I am a home course golfer and I might be at a course near you soon enough:thumb:

Dang I need to make one of these teams in a bad way!!!

I can still see the look on TC's face when I rolled in about a 25 footer for birdie on a par 3 on Saturday afternoon, and I walked that thing in when it was 5 feet away from the hole. It can be so demoralizing when the other team is rolling in putts and your team can't seem to get anything to drop. Putting is the main thing that decides match play.

No wonder Hawk does not want me there. He has seen my progress in the SeeMore thread.

Although I am the first to admit that the greens in FL are much different than here in TX.

I can still see the look on TC's face when I rolled in about a 25 footer for birdie on a par 3 on Saturday afternoon, and I walked that thing in when it was 5 feet away from the hole. It can be so demoralizing when the other team is rolling in putts and your team can't seem to get anything to drop. Putting is the main thing that decides match play.

I still hear this story! haha

Home course golfer huh? We will talk about that after next Sunday big guy. Plus I have played in the blitz at DawgDaddy's course and have been in the money four straight weeks in a row. I love it when I am called a home course golfer. Like I said we shall see after playing Old Union this weekend. Keep thinking I am a home course golfer and I might be at a course near you soon enough:thumb:

Dang I need to make one of these teams in a bad way!!!

Isn't the Outing thread designated to Ole Gray, aka the Tower of Power?

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. You made two massive putts and I think the belbs trumped 3 of my birdies by draining his own right on top of mine. It is more than deflating.

No wonder Hawk does not want me there. He has seen my progress in the SeeMore thread.

Although I am the first to admit that the greens in FL are much different than here in TX.

Too bad you can't have a Seemore at the MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back