Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InHartWeTrust

Ball Go Far.
Reaction score
Handicap
4-5ish
Ok THP, I have a confession to make...I am Kevin Na'ing on trying to buy some wedges :banghead: I simply cannot pull the trigger, and it is driving me absolutely insane. The votes in the poll will be the decider, first to 15 votes wins and I will place the order.

I'm 100% serious, I like them all, and can't decide...so I need you to for me.

Relevant info:
50°, 54°, 58°
All will have DG Spinner shafts (only downfall to the Cally's is I will have to do this on my own)
I have always used at least one Vokey, never used Cally's (but believe in them and liked them a lot at a demo day), and the 588's have been in my arsenal during my younger days. Never used the Mizuno, never demo'ed them, but I believe in them enough.

The reason I'm changing is bc 1) both my wedges are old, one is 7 years old and the other is I think 12 years old, and 2) before I enter the tournament scene, I need some conforming wedges.

I LOVE my new cally wedges!! I have owned Vokey wedges....and Cleveland wedges and Nike Wedges....but these new forged Callaway wedges are the best I have ever hit!

To tell u the truth,I just bought some Callaway X Series Jaws wedges used from 3Balls golf and I couldn,t be happier.I just went to them from Vokey,s which I really liked but couldn,t afford new or the used prices were a lil to high.I paid 140.00 for all 3 wedges I bought.Also,I like the heavy feel the Cally,s have.I just put them into play and shot my best round of the year for 9 holes,a 40.The Cally,s responded well so I,m totally happy.You may want to go the used route,The condition they were in was excellent by the way.

I LOVE my new cally wedges!! I have owned Vokey wedges....and Cleveland wedges and Nike Wedges....but these new forged Callaway wedges are the best I have ever hit!

I loved them at the demo day, too. I switched to a Nike 60° years ago, and a couple other brands, and always ended up with a Vokey 60° back in my bag. I had a Vokey 56° once and hated it for some odd reason (I never figured out why). I've even contemplated Callys for the 50° and 54° and a TVD for the 60°, but as I said...I've been about as bad as Kevin Na with pulling the trigger on anything.

I think if the Cally's offered DG Spinners as a custom option, I would lean that direction...don't really feel like having to get sticks and then pay to reshaft them immediately.

I loved them at the demo day, too. I switched to a Nike 60° years ago, and a couple other brands, and always ended up with a Vokey 60° back in my bag. I had a Vokey 56° once and hated it for some odd reason (I never figured out why). I've even contemplated Callys for the 50° and 54° and a TVD for the 60°, but as I said...I've been about as bad as Kevin Na with pulling the trigger on anything.

I think if the Cally's offered DG Spinners as a custom option, I would lean that direction...don't really feel like having to get sticks and then pay to reshaft them immediately.

Yeah, I don't really understand that myself....but honestly I am hitting their stock wedge shaft and having no issues generating spin

Yeah, I don't really understand that myself....but honestly I am hitting their stock wedge shaft and having no issues generating spin

In theory I could go with the KBS Tour X in the 50° (a Cally option), and only have to sub the DG Spinner in for the 54°. I could order the TVD 58° with the DG Spinner as well, since history tells me I will always prefer a Vokey lob.

In all reality, I don't like a Spinner in a 50° is necessary.

I feel like I am talking myself through this in this thread, why couldn't I do this before making the thread :beat-up:

Still open to votes, posts, and feedback.

Cleveland 588 are awesome and this is coming from a die-hard-vokey fan. Also the new AVT from taylormade would be awesome too

Cleveland 588 are awesome and this is coming from a die-hard-vokey fan. Also the new AVT from taylormade would be awesome too

I see the Cleveland's have taken 7 votes in a row now.

Voting is still open, first to 15 will be ordered and bagged.

Since J40's or SCOR's are not an option, I voted Cleveland. :D

I threw a vote out for Mizuno.

I love my Cleveland wedges and they are hard to beat. Wedges are a personal thing and feel has a ton to do, with what works best for an individual.

Since J40's or SCOR's are not an option, I voted Cleveland. :D

haha, I have no experience with either so I didn't put them in. The last thing I want to do is clutter my "choice list" up even more, I had it narrowed down to 3 (threw the Miz's in just to see), and I STILL can't make the decision.

The SCOR's are interesting, though.

I threw a vote out for Mizuno.

There you go, mixing it up a little!

I love my Cleveland wedges and they are hard to beat. Wedges are a personal thing and feel has a ton to do, with what works best for an individual.

Agreed. With the TVD, Cally, and 588, I feel confident in them based on some short experience with them in my hands. The Vokey's and the Cleveland's, similar have been in my bag before. One way or the other, I will need some time to adjust once I make the purchase...with the options I listed, I feel comfortable it will be a smooth transition.

Looking like it's going to be the 588's, I'm comfortable with that. 13 votes.

I've used a bunch of different wedges. At the moment I'm using three different wedge manufacturers just because of how I feel with each of them. Wedges are such a personal preference item, that I think it's a little hard to just have somebody else make the decision for you.

I've used a bunch of different wedges. At the moment I'm using three different wedge manufacturers just because of how I feel with each of them. Wedges are such a personal preference item, that I think it's a little hard to just have somebody else make the decision for you.

I agree, I don't think anyone should buy anything without trying it...ever. I've tried these and liked them, so much so that I can't pick one over the other. Hence the poll, I'm content with any of them (with the exception of the Mizuno's, I just threw an odd ball in there.)

toss up between the Mizzys and the Callys....but the Callys are really nice looking at address with their darker color

I went Mizuno simply because their product is so nice. My cousin is a Mizuno iron/wedge die hard and I've hit the clubs he's bought year after year and every time they give my clubs a run for their money, I'm sure if you gave them a chance you'd love them too.

I see the Cleveland's have taken 7 votes in a row now.

Voting is still open, first to 15 will be ordered and bagged.

So i take it you are getting the clevelands? you won't go wrong with them they are awesome!

Taylormade ATV!!! But i did really love the Clevelands when i tryed them.

I vote mizuno.

I bet you all were surprised I didn't start this thread.

I voted 588s from that list. Since it seems you want a traditionally shaped wedge I won't push the ATVs.

I take mom out to dinner and come back to see my decision has been made, nice. Thanks THP!

Im surprised that Cleveland doesn't offer custome grinds, without an upcharge...

Im surprised that Cleveland doesn't offer custome grinds, without an upcharge...

Yes, I realized this last night.

I'll be forced to go a different route for my 58 (maybe even my 54) just for this reason alone. I didn't realize that before, and I am not going to pay $180+ for a wedge that is identical to the stock wedge but ordered through their custom dept. Plus, if you want a grind, your only option is the RTG finish...even though they are charging you for the grind, they lock you into a finish? Hmm...

Back