Cleveland Black Driver Video Preview

Wow those are some good numbers. Can't wait to hit this since I'm around 96mph ss

tapatalk addict....

Looks like this was a winner for some folks that have similarities to me. I'm anxious to hit this for myself.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm looking at you Matt!!

Thanks for the LM data JB, that's exactly what I was wanting to see! 31% reduction in side spin...that is HUGE!! Can't wait to hit this thing!

I think it can be in the right hands. As we saw with swing speeds higher, that was not the case. One thing that has made this a game changer for me as of late is that it acts as a "treatment" to keep my tempo smooth. If I get quick I know it and while the driver is forgiving, nothing will fix that for me personally. It has translated to my entire game and its something I have battled for years. That part has made me a better golfer I believe.

JB,

When you refer to tempo are you talking about the backswing, downswing or both in your case?

What quality of this club contributes to reduced side spin?

I wonder if the diminished distance returns with high swing speeds are related to that physics formula I stated previously? (See post #129)

Sounds exciting, can't wait to try this driver.

JB,

When you refer to tempo are you talking about the backswing, downswing or both in your case?

What quality of this club contributes to reduced side spin?

I wonder if the diminished distance returns with high swing speeds are related to that physics formula I stated previously? (See post #129)

Sounds exciting, can't wait to try this driver.

I think tempo for me refers to the entire thing for me. There is a great conversation about tempo in the THP Radio show on Golf Myths with GolfTEC where they discuss it in detail.
As for reducing side spin, Im not sure a driver can or does that in general terms. However we have all picked up equipment and found it fit us better or we hit it better than the previous one we were using. If you have a quality shaft that fits a golfer rather well and they are putting good swings on the ball, these things happen. It did seem to happen more with this club than what the other golfers were using during the test and that could be the result of improper fitting, a better quality shaft, staying in tempo, etc...

good info JB im interested in hitting one of these soon wonder if its lighter than the superfast 2.0 looks like it may be with your results.

good info JB im interested in hitting one of these soon wonder if its lighter than the superfast 2.0 looks like it may be with your results.

It is lighter than the 2.0.

I don't know when I'm going to get to hit this, but I do know I'm one day closer and that's a good feeling hehe. Added distance and accuracy are just what my tee game needs right now.

Great info JB, and right in line with what I personally found with the XL270. I also have found, like you have, that needing a smooth swing with my driver has translated over to every club in my bag, and has improved my game overall. the only thing that caused me any problems was that I wasn't used to hitting approach shots from the fairway, escape shots were my usual second shot.
Has anyone compared the Black driver to the XL270 directly yet?
The Black driver already wins for sure in the looks department.

I really appreciate some launch monitor data. It kind of cements what I was fearing though. Like my experiences with the 270, it just doesn't seem like it caters to a quicker swing speed. It makes sense really though. The last thing I need is something that launches higher and would more than likely add more spin. Kind of a major buzz kill!

Just read the LM stuff. Thanks JB. I want to try this out for myself and see if I get a dustance gain like most of the guys did. This is a really interesting driver.

I don't know when I'm going to get to hit this, but I do know I'm one day closer and that's a good feeling hehe. Added distance and accuracy are just what my tee game needs right now.

As well as I am hitting my irons right now, I would be happy with just adding more accuracy.

I really appreciate some launch monitor data. It kind of cements what I was fearing though. Like my experiences with the 270, it just doesn't seem like it caters to a quicker swing speed. It makes sense really though. The last thing I need is something that launches higher and would more than likely add more spin. Kind of a major buzz kill!

TC, I'm sure you've posted it before, but what kind of average do you have on your swing speed?

We will be doing another launch monitor test with 6 other golfers and this driver coming up soon.

This driver could be perfect for me!

TC, I'm sure you've posted it before, but what kind of average do you have on your swing speed?

111. I've demo'd the 270 plenty in the past and wasn't fond of it. I'd still like to hit this one but based on the numbers JB posted, it kind of went how I expected it to. I'm looking forward to round 2 of launch monitor data though.

This driver could be perfect for me!

It was working nicely for me when I had the chance to hit it. What is your typical miss with a driver Chunky?

Great LM data, My interest in this driver just went up a lot!

I've never swung anything that light, but the numbers say it would be a good fit for me. Hope to hit soon!

We will be doing another launch monitor test with 6 other golfers and this driver coming up soon.

I always enjoy seeing this type of data. Looking forward to it.

nice... I liked seeing the 'what they have in the bag now' numbers compared to the Cleveland....cool stuff

Josh I just saw the Launch monitor data and I'm really curious about this driver. I fit around the 105-107 mark and now this driver has me thinking. I do create a lot of spin though. I don't know if I see anything knocking the Razr Hawk out but this would be a good one to try. I still am quite fond of my 310 and I absolutely loved the 270.

Hey JB how would you say that this driver compare to the ultralight series. I tried the 270 and the 310 the other night at the range and really liked the 310, still have to try the 290 but was very surprised by the 310's performance. I was not sure if i should wait and give this one a try since the season up here in NY is winding down.

Hey JB how would you say that this driver compare to the ultralight series. I tried the 270 and the 310 the other night at the range and really liked the 310, still have to try the 290 but was very surprised by the 310's performance. I was not sure if i should wait and give this one a try since the season up here in NY is winding down.

Tough for me to say. I liked the FL series quite a bit, but did not hit it as well as this one repeatedly. Could it be the look giving me that extra confidence? Possibly. But the numbers dont lie and they are saying some good things for me right now.

Back