Backpack carry straps for golf bag

spazzdog

Reaction score
Handicap
Lots
I have a new cart bag and want to start walking an occasional 9 to get more exercise. Most of the places I play don't allow pullcarts.

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations for the backpack like straps? They need to be adjustable... Though I'm 5'7, my length is all legs; I have a short persons torso :)

Thanks!

I'm assuming you're talking about conventional straps on almost all stand bags. I think it would be a bad idea to put them on a cart bag because the cart bag is heavy and big. I'd go with something like a Sun Mountain Three 5 or Ping Hoofer that is lightweight and you can easily transfer clubs between bags. Just keep tees and balls in each bag and you're good to go. Or get a hybrid bag?

What are those fancy big padded straps the caddies use on tour? they are like an aftermarket piece for staff bags

What are those fancy big padded straps the caddies use on tour? they are like an aftermarket piece for staff bags

I may be in the minority here, but I cannot stand carrying a bag with only 1 strap. I will always carry it on my right shoulder and my right1 shoulder/back tends to feel a lot weaker than my left after about 7 or 8 holes. This may be totally mental but it seems to really effect my swing after a while.

I don't think there'd be anything wrong with putting a carry bag strap on a cart bag. It would actually probably be very beneficial, since the purpose is to distribute the weight to both shoulders.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to turn up anybody that sells just the straps.

I'll check online - if I find something interesting, I'll post it.

Thanks for the input though!

You guys are the best!

I used the izzo about 10 yrs ago because it was quick but I see they still are expensive. Nowadays I'd jury rig something or canibilize one from a second hand bag.

I just got my cart bag a couple months ago so no new bag. I'll check out these strap options you guys have listed... It's only for every now and then since most of the places I go don't allow walking at all.

I have a new cart bag and want to start walking an occasional 9 to get more exercise. Most of the places I play don't allow pullcarts.

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations for the backpack like straps? They need to be adjustable... Though I'm 5'7, my length is all legs; I have a short persons torso :)

Thanks!
Pretty unconventional idea. First, I hope it sits okay on your back. Stand bags are usually narrower, so it keeps the weight as close to the body as possible. Also, there's usually padding where the bag would sit against your back/lower back.

Don't hurt or strain yourself. It might be really uncomfortable.

I have a big Bennington QO12, but when I want to go to the range, walk a quick 9 or go on vacation in the car, my Izzo carry bag is perfect. Dual straps, light weight and well made. A carry bag can be had rather cheaply as of late.

Back