It's interesting what a little testors paint can do

Mr. Satchmo

urielsatchmoortegaMR.Jinx
Reaction score
Handicap
MR. Jinx
I recently "refinished" an old 3 wood that I love. when I bought it I noticed that there were some nasty chips on the top that the retailer had "refinished" with some sharpie. I decided to strip off the paint and using some glossy black testors paint and a foam brush I made it look way better.

I also decided to use the white to fix some little paint chips on my R11, it worked out too.

Before

7218318422_c554f01dc8.jpg

After

7218320010_f5b92f6a57.jpg

Wow, looks much better. That's awesome!

Good job, looks very nice!

I have a sharpie (just finished my set)
Now you've got me worried on how they'll hold up under use (especially my 3&5-woods)

Just tappin away

I have a sharpie (just finished my set)
Now you've got me worried on how they'll hold up under use (especially my 3&5-woods)

Just tappin away

After a while the sharpie turns a real nasty purple color and if you are cleaning your clubs it can come easier. I got this because the testors paint is enamel based so if you strike it again in the same place it will protect it.

wow that looks good. well done sir!

Thanks all, it looks way better at address now, it had me worried hahah I'm one of those guys that's obsessive when it comes to clean looking clubs

very nice job, booyah

Here is my recent project, i bought a warrior hybrid for $4 and I touched it up with a little of the same paint and this was the result

Before

7293124072_e842d90cac.jpg

7293125906_0244d3bff5.jpg

After!

7293127358_09e48a848b.jpg

7293126972_44da2d0d58.jpg

Note the clever product placement haha

Last edited:
Very nice, it is amazing what a little hard work can do. lol at the product placement.

Very nice, it is amazing what a little hard work can do. lol at the product placement.

Thanks haha I secretly work for said company (just kidding I wish)

It's really cool how something like a little paint can make a crappy thing look great again! Now if only it hits as good

That warrior looks amazing re done!! Great work

Nice work on the Warrior!

Thanks everyone!

Did you polish or paint the parts that look like bare metal?

I polished it a little. It's all metal there but now it looks almost like new

That is some impressive work! They all look very nice.

~Rock

Before

7293124072_e842d90cac.jpg

After!

7293126972_44da2d0d58.jpg

Note the clever product placement haha

Amazing what a little elbow grease, high rpm's and a little paint fill can do...AWESOME job!

Looks good man. I just redid my Mizunos and my Taylormades with Testors.

Amazing what a little elbow grease, high rpm's and a little paint fill can do...AWESOME job!

Thanks man, I gave it away as a random gift to my golfing buddy, he loved it!

Great work big difference.

You used a brush like these? I may give this a try on touching up some of my dad's clubs. By the way, great work!

You used a brush like these? I may give this a try on touching up some of my dad's clubs. By the way, great work!

Yeah I used the smallest one, it was kind of hard to get the right amount of paint but after a while it worked.

Back