Cleveland Black Driver - Everything You Wanted to Know

Just finished listening.
Great show JB and thanks Nate !
I am somewhat disappointed that my 105 mph swing speed might overpower it, but I still want to try it out.

Just finished listening.
I am somewhat disappointed that my 105 mph swing speed might overpower it, but I still want to try it out.

I think JB said that he is right at 105 and it has worked out quite well. Sounds like the guy at the range was at 117 and definitely did not see the benefits.

Last time I was on a LM I was at 104 but now that I focus more on tempo I think I am closer to 100 and this sounds right up my alley. Can't wait to hit this in a month!

Just finished listening.

I'm around 105 SS, and hit some of the best drives I've had this year when I got to hit it a few weeks back. You should be fine, but take it for a test drive frat.

Got to go listened now!

WOW great podcast. I find myself smack dab in the target demographic on this one! Do we know what lofts will be offered?

This was an excellent show and nate seems to be very knowledgeable. He makes this stuff easier for me to understand and I think Cleveland has a real winner with the black driver

Fantastic show, very informative. As someone with a slower swing speed and smooth tempo, this Black line might set up very well for me.

Alslo, good disussion on swing weight. He mentioned MOI - I wonder of they were using some form of 'MOI matching' when developing this set of woods?

This may have been my favorite radio show yet. Maybe it's just because I'm stoked about hitting this driver, and the rest of the line, but it really had me intrigued throughout the show. Nate provided some excellent information. I found it interesting that they didn't include hybrids in the line, but his explanation made sense and he said they did a lot of testing so I'm sure the numbers agree with this theory. I like how they made the entire Black line for a specific demographic/group of golfers. It seems like too many companies come out with a product that they deem great for all levels and most of the time that is simply not the case. Seems like Cleveland has a winning lineup on there hands and I cannot wait to hit these clubs, especially the driver.

On a side note, it was crazy how expensive drivers were over in Japan.

Great job JB, keep up the hard work!

That was a little disapointing to listen to for me. I was excited about this driver after seeing some of the great results JB and others have had with it. But it doesn't sound like it will be the one for me. I am closer to 110 than I am 100, and I have a quick transition. I have slowed my tempo down a good bit, but I still have a tendency to rush things. I really loved the looks of the driver also.

I will still definitely give it a go when the time comes, but it doesn't sound like it will be a match for me.

Great podcast. I love this driver and it sounds like its the real deal for Cleveland. If I wasn't just fitted for the Razr Hawk now in my bag I'd definitely have bought this one.

Thanks to Nate for coming on this weeks show.

I like the fact that these are for slower swing speeds, as mine is 90-95 mph. Off topic, are the black irons designed for slower speeds as well?

I enjoyed hearing the technology that went into the making of this driver. I hope to get a chance to get one of these in my hands and out on the course. I think these have a very unique look to them and I like it a lot.

Thanks to Nate for coming on this weeks show.

I like the fact that these are for slower swing speeds, as mine is 90-95 mph. Off topic, are the black irons designed for slower speeds as well?

I enjoyed hearing the technology that went into the making of this driver. I hope to get a chance to get one of these in my hands and out on the course. I think these have a very unique look to them and I like it a lot.

Yes they are.

Yes they are.

I know this is the driver thread...but since Smalls brought it up...whats the ideal 6 iron ss for the irons then

I know this is the driver thread...but since Smalls brought it up...whats the ideal 6 iron ss for the irons then

Not sure I can answer that really. If one were to go graphite, I would suggest a fitting for them.

Not sure I can answer that really. If one were to go graphite, I would suggest a fitting for them.

I didnt think you would be able to but I didnt want to doubt you. I am not pondering that. It just got me wondering

when is the driver released?

Im guessing you did not listen to the show....:act-up:

11/15

i did listen to it at work today, i must have missed that part, i was doing a few other things at the same time though lol

Great show I really can not wait to hit this one

Nice job on the show, I enjoyed hearing about all the new technology and thought that goes into their products. It's great to hear a company catering to the everyday player and their slower swing speeds.

Wow, talk about a guy knowing everything about the equipment his company produces. Nate is always great to listen to and Cleveland really seems to have some amazing products coming out. Thank you so much for this show!

Wow, talk about a guy knowing everything about the equipment his company produces. Nate is always great to listen to and Cleveland really seems to have some amazing products coming out. Thank you so much for this show!

I think that is part because Nate is THE guy that produces it. He probably needs a proper introduction next time he is on the show, but what many dont realize is that Nate is one of the brightest minds in the golf business.

Back