Re paint driver heads?

GolfunAddict

Reaction score
Handicap
Can anyone help me with info on re painting a couple of driver heads.
Can I paint over them?
Would buffing them or sanding work with a clear coat?
Thanx
GA

The whole head? Wow... ummm no clue. I've painted the lettering but not the whole entire thing.
Wouldn't that effect the weight and the aero dynamics?

Its basically like painting a car , which has been my profession for 34 years .
You can strip the paint completely , or mask off areas which you DONT want sanded and painted , scuff all glossy paint with wet or dry 800 grit sand paper to a dull look , wipe it dry , remask areas that you want to keep unpainted . clean with a good wax & grease remover , get a spray bomb in the color you want spray in light coats till you have good coverage , let dry , then spray bomb some clear over it in several light coats , let dry over night , and buff to a high gloss finish .

Heck I could paint them in any flavor you want ,as I have a full mix bank at work and can mix any vehicle color out there :) As I am thinking of using a purple tint coat over my Charcoal G20 Ping head , make it look like Kandy Purple :)

Wanted to add , it may not be as durable as a factory finish as they usually use infored lights to bake the finish on , which makes for a harder finish !

The whole head? Wow... ummm no clue. I've painted the lettering but not the whole entire thing.
Wouldn't that effect the weight and the aero dynamics?
If you don't pile the paint on it , I doubt it would make a full swing weight on the head .

Hmmmmm, powder coat......

Thanx for the help and info guyz.
Not sure what I'll do yet.
I have a buddy here who does auto painting maybe he can give em a spray for me.

Back