Northern Lights dip South

SW

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everybody in the Upper South, if you get a chance you may wanna spend a little time outside tonight. Talked with a few friends on the Blue Ridge Parkway and GRSM they had a pretty lightshow last night. Here's a link to MSNBC with the story.

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/25/8474218-northern-lights-go-way-way-south

And a photo from back home.
qcobh.jpg

That's beautiful SW, thanks for sharing.

The aurora is really amazing. I spent hours on top of a mountain, in -45C weather looking for it last year! Totally worth it.

Beautiful photo. I'm very jealous if you have the same light show tonight.

This is awesome, I will look tonight. Thanks for the heads up

That's awesome. Where is the upper south? Do you know if NJ will see it?

That's awesome. Where is the upper south? Do you know if NJ will see it?

Now you know anything above Virginia is north. Especially NJ :act-up:. They just said that as far south as Georgia saw it, you are in NJ so you should have a great show.

Now you know anything above Virginia is north. Especially NJ :act-up:. They just said that as far south as Georgia saw it.

Okay just making sure. I'll be on the lookout tonight.

That would be great to see!

Love it... couldn't see anything where I live last night though.

That must be amazing to watch for those lucky enough to see it! I recently went to the Griffith Observatory and learned that the Northern Lights appears on the north and south magnetic poles at the same exact time. Crazy!

I've seen an Aurora one time while on vacation in the far north. It truly is a sight you'll never forget. If you are in a position to see one, make the time. You won't regret it!

Apparently it was visible from Indiana last night and I missed it! Would have been awesome to see...

Anybody out watching the skies tonight?

--
tapatalk

Anybody out watching the skies tonight?

--
tapatalk

I was out a bunch tonight and didn't see much. I'm still looking out and there's nothing. :(

I was out a bunch tonight and didn't see much. I'm still looking out and there's nothing. :(

Well darn. I was hoping it would be a good night.

--
tapatalk

Well darn. I was hoping it would be a good night.

--
tapatalk

Me too. It was pretty nice out so I did my homework on the roof waiting (I have a very nearly flat section on my roof). Saw nothing, but a fun time? Yes.

Back