Golf Lessons - how much money are you paying?

RatFink

Carnivore
Reaction score
Handicap
lim x-> 0
I was thinking about how much I have paid for golf lessons already, and how much I am looking at maybe paying this year and it dawned on me: it is very possible to spend the equivalent of a university class on only a few golf lessons!
My tuition is pretty high for Canada at $605/class and looking around town, it's easy to spend that much on a pack of 5 lessons. Am I the only one who thinks this is ludicrous?

It is all relative. Everything with golf is expensive. Is it smarter to spend $450 on irons you can't hit because they are the latest model or $450 on lessons that will get you hitting your current clubs well? That said, $600 for 5 lessons does seem high. I paid $450 for 9 lessons.

The top lesson place here in Ottawa (Kevin Haime School) is 175 for an hour with him, and 95 with one of his other pros. And of course deals for multi-packs. I know other courses around have pros and most I've heard of have about 60-80 dollar lessons, but IDK their credibility.

$125 and hour or $75 half hour .. little cheaper if you buy 6 or 12 packs

I am taking lessons from a pro at 5 lessons for 140$.

At one course a series of 5 lessons is $300 and a 9 hole play with a pro is $79 and one on one lesson is $45 but the get golf ready class with the same pro is 3 weeks, 6 lessons for $75

Geez.... Here in Wyoming at the semi private club it's 25/ half hour session or 100 for 5.

$100/hour here.........No packages typically offered, but there are often group lessons available for putting, etc. which make it a bit more affordable.

$50/hr or $200 for 5. Lessons include Trackman time during lesson.

Most places around here are $100 an hour or higher

A couple months ago I bought a 9 lesson package for $30/ half hour lesson. Now the summer rates have kicked in and a 30 min lesson is $50 & no packages available.

Tapped that...

3 lessons, $100. Each lesson is 30-40 minutes, just depends on whether I've accomplished 'the fix' he wanted me to get or not.

~Rock

I'm taking a 5 x 1 hour lesson package for $160.00 through the wellness program where I work. The classes are groups of 6-8 golfers, but each person gets about 10 individual minutes with the pro. 3 of the 5 lessons so far have all been short game- putting, chipping, then pitching. We get to irons next week and woods the 5th lesson. I HIGHLY recommend taking some short game lessons. Putting, chipping, and pitching are relatively simple strokes and it helps tremendously to find your major flaws in these areas and get them straightened out no matter how long you've been playing. For me a nice crisp pitch shot that stops next to the hole is every bit as satisfying as bombing a drive.

Last year when I started playing again I took lessons from a local pro. The package was 4 lessons for the price of 3 or $225 ($75 an hour). I was less than satisfied. Then I found another pro I think is terrific at $45.00, no package deals, who I think is terrific.

$135 an hour from a Golf digest top 100 teacher/fitter or $125 an hour for his assistant which is who I go to. I have 5 lessons left and will be taking another soon. They both just raised there prices recently, used to be $100 an hour.

My latest golf tec package was $300. 5 lessons and 10 practice sessions.

John Deere Tap'n

$420.00 for one 1-hour lesson and ten 1/2-hour lessons. It was worth it to me.

My latest golf tec package was $300. 5 lessons and 10 practice sessions.

John Deere Tap'n

God that's cheap!
I spoke with golftec and the only package they could give me would be close to $1200 with tax. Absolutely ridiculous.

I took lessons from one Pro that were $75 an hour or 4 for the price of 3. I now take lessons from another pro at $50 an hour or 3 for $135. The lessons from the later are much better.

Lessons in Calgary are way overpriced it's a joke. The best option I know of is at the RCGA off Deerfoot and Glenmore but even then for a reasonable rate you need to get in on one of the group packages. Oasis golf also has lessons they are far south on McLeod trail I think the guy said $185 for 3 lesson's but don't quote me on that.

God that's cheap!
I spoke with golftec and the only package they could give me would be close to $1200 with tax. Absolutely ridiculous.

There's a 5 lesson pack. I've received it as a gift a couple times.

$135 an hour from a Golf digest top 100 teacher/fitter or $125 an hour for his assistant which is who I go to. I have 5 lessons left and will be taking another soon. They both just raised there prices recently, used to be $100 an hour.

holy crap, I would have thought you would be good by now...lol

A 5 lesson half hour package for $200, so $40 per half an hour.

Back