2012 Ultimate Golf Weekend Recap Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day has officially wrapped up and we had a wonderful time with everybody in attendance. This is not the picture thread (that is coming too), but a chance for you to tell stories, remember the weekend and think about everything that happened. I will have a lot of fun reading this one and here are a few things that keep coming to mind.

One-T on the 1st tee, JRodding it and then asking if LPGA player Moira Dunn is shy because he did not reach the ladies tees.
Puttin4KillingWarEagle hitting one "slightly offline and nearly killing War Eagle as it hit the top of their cart.
Puttin4KillerBees trying to kill the wasps with his bug killer spray. (hilarious)
Cookie playing from the mud.
Snaking a 55 foot putt or so and the look on Cookie's face.
The Villa Crawl and a drink that should be illegal (taste far too good).
Chewie as the new DirtyDawg and playing lights out after a candy bar.
Listening to Ary, One-T and WarEagle say "good ball" after every tee shot of Moira.
Watching Cookie Film a Hole of the Day video with Kris Tamulis ("Are you okay being on video?")
A classic line and a little creepy. "Can I watch you Eat Sushi?"
Poor Bullfrog. Fear the Frog has a whole new meaning.
The entire banquet dinner.
The wheel of Destiny is far too cruel, but way too fun.
One-T being more red than 9Iron's wife after demo day.
Hanks & PMoa draining 100 foot putt.
Seth0's interesting wedge shots.
War Eagle's great directions to the next villa.
Anything Yoccos said all weekend.
My wife playing good golf and smiling.
The new launch monitor is freaking awesome.
The contests for demo day were insanely fun.
Mrs. Biggsy nearly killing P4B and myself (Twice).
Playing some of the best golf of my life on Saturday.
Missing a Hole in One from 193 yards by 12 inches or so.
Watching Jake Straight go the other way.
Deandec not hitting himself.
The Tour Van looking awesome out there.
Giving gifts to the guys that helped us out (our staffers for demo day).
Me and GG beating Puttin4deadpulls and KMac.
Seeing the future happen already as I beat Cookie 3&2.
Watching Cookie's swing in person is both hilarious and serious (the results are good).
Asking Kris Tamulis about Cookie's swing and the response "Its adorable".
Cookie just missing from 150 yards (about 2 inches or as we call it, being a "Belbs out")
Meeting so many new people and seeing old friends.
The entire villa crawl was incredible.
Giant Lunchables.
Yoccos baking Taquitos.
Hearing "The Champagne of Beers" and then seeing Natural Light.
KMac digging the AMP...He is going Orange!
Shout out to One-T for his help at the dinner (and everything else).
Watching DirtyDawg go all Yoccos on us with the bumblebee shaft.
Hearing P4B say "DirtyDawg".
Hearing P4B say anything at all.
"Call Bennie, he can help."
Yorkem canceling his sand clinic.
The Rope Hook Me Haysoos better than ever.
SCOR Project with Shawn was awesome.
A bowtie sighting at the banquet.
Hanks selling out outing for cart girl.
Who knew Villa was pronounced "Veeya".
Degoins plus locker room bench equals naptime.

Man, there is going to be so much coming from everybody else and I am sure way more from me. This was a great weekend that we are honored to be a part of. And just think.....next year is going to be even better!!!

Wow, I already am psyched for next year...and will be working on getting there. Sounds like an unforgettable weekend.

Sounds like a lot of great memories were made.

outing 2013 here we come!

I like this thread already.

Sounds like you all had a lot of fun. I'm quite jealous.

Thanks for the write up.. Can't wait to hear all the little stories unfold

Sent from my iPhone

Sounds like a great time! Looking forward to hearing everyone's fun stories in the coming days..

Sounds like so much fun, I would sign up for next year tomorrow if I could!

I love the one-liner recaps, captures the fun and banter perfectly. I'm saving for 2013....

If the one-liners made me laugh out loud, I can't EVEN imagine the stories that go with them!!

Here are a few that come to mind:

Watching PMOA drain a 100 foot putt in the putting contest only to tied by Hanks doing same while holding his drink in his teeth. He never spilled a drop.

Meeting Chester and hanging out with him. What a super villa-mate for the weekend. What a cool guy. I would ask to room with him next year but that just sounds too odd right now. I will wait a few months.

Marco.....Playdough. Was just too funny.

Watching so many of US me included hit a 40 yard shot into water on right during the 100 yard shot contest. If you have an ego the THP Outing is not for you because at some point all seriousness goes out the window.

Playing with some great people during every round. Yorkem is super and I was able to play two rounds with him. Def a Morgan Cup professional. Loved battling him with the Cleveland Classic despite coming up woefully short every time. Playing with Degoins was a blast.

The Villa Crawl was awesome.

Watching Jfrazie only miss one fairway all day.

Playing with buddy White Rhino. Luv ya Man.

JB introducing me my new true love....Cleveland Classic driver. Picking one up when I get home today.

Listening to the newbies speak on the awesomeness of GG, JB and THP as a whole. Us old peep already know this.

I finally showed up for a full demo day. Man was I missing out on some great stuff.

MC One-T is just the best guy ever.

Rolling through the New Course following Danny with Yorkem driving. We nearly fell into a pot bunker as we drove over a hill.

Hearing how The Belbs tee shot was only 15 yards fro green on a 367 yard dog leg right over water. Seems like every foursoome had a different Belbs long drive story.

Hooking up with PMOA and Sighman to split a cab with total strangers at airport. Got to play with Sighman as well. The i20s treat him quite well. Oh sighman bought nearly all the raffle tickets. Great wins there buddy.

The soup...my goodness the soup at the THP dinner.

Having the Marshall say about my swing....he has seen better swings on the porch of a condemed house. Didn't matter cause I had stripped it down the middle that time. He also ribbed Fildini by saying he was playing a "cutsie" ball. Which he was. SPANKS was keeping his tee shot under the non existent wind. That was a fun round.

Seeing KellyBo back in action was great.

Meeting the legendary Freddie Kong. Super guy.

Seeing old friends from past...Kmac, Yoccos, RxGus Donne and all the others I can't name them all. KMAC gave his phone and on the other end was was TC getting play by plays as we teed off on # 1 North.

The sharkwrestler stories will become great pieces of THP lore.

The organization of this event was magnificent. Well done GG and JB.

More to follow...at airport getting ready to board plane now.

TapAhoy!

Congrats on adding a Classic to the bag SMG! Glad you had a great time. The belbs is belbs long.

"Cougars are right in my wheelhouse" - Hanks

Watching Playdough smoke a drive and then getting up, hitting a couple inches behind the ball on the drive and still outdriving him by a couple yards. He smoked me by about 15 shots, but that's not the point.

Outdriving Belbs on the first hole of the South by 15 yards and then stepping up on the second hole and hitting it 14 inches off the tee.

Hanks and our cart girl.. Hilarious.

Belbs hits it to 74yds off the tee on a par 5, then hits the flagstick and settles to 2 inches for his second shot in front of another THP group yesterday afternoon. It would have been the most epic shot in THP history had that dropped.

Spank being a live saver on the new course 4 holes in. Then watching him buy a gatorade and spilli it all over the cart within 5 minutes.

Cookie and his Villa food. Oh the jokes.

Fildini missing the 1st hole new course fairway.

Spank hitting a line drive that hits the red tee marker on the first hole of the new course and shoots the ball straight up into the sky and 120yds off the tee.

Last edited:
This was my first THP event, havent even met anyone at a local THP meetup. The thing I take away the most is the connection you make with so many other members being with them in person and sharing range time, golf, dinner, drinks, etc. There is just so much passion and dedication from both the THP staff and the other members to make the whole event great, it is impossible to not get sucked in and be included in everything. It was great to meet many of the THP vets and getting to know other outing newbies and even some members that have been here just a few months.

The organization and planning was incredible, also good to see so many other members helping retrieve & organize all the demo day equipment in the pouring rain. I cant believe how many clubs Chewie, Hawk, and me put in the bedroom of the tour van. I wish I grabbed a pic of it.

I was also really surprised how cool and normal everyone was in person. I didnt know what to really expect meeting 71 other strangers I met on the internet in person, but I didnt hear or see any Magic the Gathering games or Star Wars action figures anywhere.

Last edited:
Massive coloneling of JB's post coming here....

One-T on the 1st tee, JRodding it and then asking if LPGA player Moira Dunn is shy because he did not reach the ladies tees.

Moira: Look at your ball position, it's past your front foot!
One-T: I'm in a bad place with my driver swing right now!

Puttin4KillingWarEagle hitting one "slightly offline and nearly killing War Eagle as it hit the top of their cart.

OK, here is the story....War Eagle, One-T, and myself are all off to the right side of the 12th hole on the New Course, a long par 3. We're putting our clubs in the cart and getting ready to drive to the 13th tee when we hear "FORE!" Usually, when you hear "FORE!", you have a couple of seconds to protect yourself....well, in this case, Jake said "FORE!" about 0.002 seconds before his ball hit the roof of one of our carts! We found out later that Jake was watching his ball fly towards us, and JB said to him "you might want to yell something." Silly Jake.

Listening to Ary, One-T and WarEagle say "good ball" after every tee shot of Moira.

It was freaking ridiculous how straight she hit it off of the tee. I'll talk more about this in the thread about Moira and Kris joining us on Saturday.

Poor Bullfrog. Fear the Frog has a whole new meaning.

I thought Dirtydawg was in bad shape on Friday morning, but Bullfrog took it to an entirely new level on Saturday.

Seth0's interesting wedge shots.

Poor Seth0, he was consistent during the 100 yard par 3 challenge....all 3 shots went the same place, off of the hosel and landing in the water 50 yards right of the green.

My wife playing good golf and smiling.

Her smile was awesome to see on Sunday, our entire group had so much fun out there.

Asking Kris Tamulis about Cookie's swing and the response "Its adorable".

I would have fallen on the ground laughing had I heard that in person.

Degoins plus locker room bench equals naptime.

"Pulling a Degoins" will also have to be a THP term from now on. I'm sure he'll come in here and explain that to everyone else.

I also demand that Hawk or Jake come in here and tell everyone how they ended up in the cart barn on Thursday night.

Yorkem actually had 23 clubs in his bag during our Saturday round. No wonder our cart was sluggish.

Using more sun screen than I ever have.

Reminiscent about Outing from the past and next year this one gets added to the list.

TapAhoy!

Just a few of my memories.

Cookie showing up in the blouse...what a sport for following through.
Three consecutive MCers shanking balls into the pond on the 100 yard shot.
Ddec going belly putter for the putting contest.
GC staff actually almost keeping up with the golf ball requirements for Demo Day (thought this would be a much bigger problem).
Asking if BMWNola was SCORShawn...after I had already met BMWNola (and I can't blame alcohol).
My Triple Chen chip shot on North 1 yesterday.
Hoping my 3 wood second shots would get past Buckjob and Golf4life's drives.
Golf4life bringing out the "Perry the Platypus" line for Pmoa...after I had been thinking it for 14 holes.

I love reading recaps!

Tracy and I are sitting out back waiting to get picked up for check out. It's just unreal how quiet it is right now. To think just a couple nights ago there was a pack of THP's scariest going to all the wrong villas for the villa crawl.

IMAG0044.jpg

Ok let's get this over with. The AMP driver is good. There. Take the orange off that club and it might still be in my hands. Or at least sitting here next to me. Not in love with the shaft but I am in love with the sound.

Once again this was another amazing time. Demo day was amazing yet again. Overwhelming amount of clubs. And overwhelming amount of really good dear. Pmoa that putt was sick. And hanks walks up as almost the last person to putt and drains it with one hand. Wtc?

Saturday golf with JB , putting4wasp and golfergal was a blast. It starts with JB blasting driver and hybrid to 8 feet. Birdie. Just like that. Morgan played great and jake straight is dead. He hit so many dead straight to the left shots I think he was chubbing.

The villa crawl? See the pictures. Lol.

Sunday golf was a ton of fun even though I played embarrassing golf. TMex is my homey. Love that guy. I rode around with ddxu and that dude has game. Enjoyed it guys even though I played like turd.

The THP dinner was once again amazing. For a special reason that I can't get into now but will later. Food was great and I love seeing people either rejected or win an amazing prize.

Had a great time THP!

Last edited:
Nice job One-T, I knew I could count on you to carry on my legacy.

Tracy and I are sitting out back waiting to get picked up for check out. It's just unreal how quiet it is right now. To think just a couple nights ago there was a pack of THP's scariest going to all the wrong villas for the villa crawl.

IMAG0044.jpg

Ok let's get this over with. The AMP driver is good. There. Take the orange off that club and it might still be in my hands. Or at least sitting here next to me. Not in love with the shaft but I am in love with the sound.

Once again this was another amazing time. Demo day was amazing yet again. Overwhelming amount of clubs. And overwhelming amount of really good dear. Pmoa that putt was sick. And hanks walks up as almost the last person to putt and drains it with one hand. Wtc?

Saturday golf with putting4wasp and golfergal was a blast. It starts with JB blasting driver and hybrid to 8 feet. Birdie. Just like that. Morgan played great and jake straight is dead. He hit so many dead straight to the left shots I think he was chubbing.

The villa crawl? See the pictures. Lol.

Sunday golf was a ton of fun even though I played embarrassing golf. TMex is my homey. Love that guy. I rode around with ddxu and that dude has game. Enjoyed it guys even though I played like turd.

The THP dinner was once again amazing. For a special reason that I can't get into now but will later. Food was great and I love seeing people either rejected or win an amazing prize.

Had a great time THP!

Yah I hit this at a demo day and they had a trackman there. This thing is long. This paired with the stock Heavy RIP is a bomber.

There's always something when I go to an outing. This time the shuttle took us to the other grand cypress which is a huge Hyatt hotel with one bad arse pool. We didn't go check it out till after my Sunday round but wow was it cool. This pic is just one side of it. It has caves with a bar inside them and a bunch of other stuff.

IMAG0043.jpg

And all this was included since its part of grand cypress. They also had a pitch and putt. Some of us could have used the practice lol.

Absolutely awesome recaps, guys.

Back