Gezer

junior golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi I'm struggling with my wedges .
My 58* goes to about 60-70 yards and is like to up it to 80-90

Have a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong (gotta be something :) )

right im sorry but this is the best i could do

https://vimeo.com/user11816348
youll find the two videos in the recently added area

thanks
Just tappin away

Last edited:
Bump I'm still in need of help

Just tappin away

Not sure your distance is a problem. I hit a 49 105 to 115 and a 56 80-85. 60-70 for a 58 doesn't seem so short.

This is the Ask the Pro section. Please keep this section clear of responses until GolfTEC has had a chance to come in and respond. Thank you for your assistance.

If you happen to pause the video just the right moment (mine doesn't scrub), you can see that by the time your hands get to just outside your right thigh on the way down, you've effectively lost all of your lag. So your distance loss isn't liekly a swing speed thing, but rather an angle of attack thing. (You probably hit your wedges into the clouds would be my guess.)

Imagine this- you have a broken wedge shaft stabbed in the ground inches in front of the ball. At the top end of this broken shaft is a balloon. The wedge in your hand happens to have a needle sticking out from the butt of the club. Your job on a wedge shot (though this is a bit exaggerated) is to pop the balloon with the needle in the butt of your club. This should eliminate a lot of the "throw" from the top you have. It wouldn't hurt to weaken your left hand and strengthen your right hand as well...

Hope that helps,

Trevor Broesamle, PGA
GolfTEC Santa Barbara, CA

I've looked at mcilroy's wedge shot swing and I'm going to try and do that as it is a shorter swing (no balance issues)
And it encourages a steeper angle of attack
So far when I get that contact right (a fat is real bad) it goes real nice

Just tappin away

Also the wedge shot posted on here is very similar to my iron shots
Should I look at some threads on here (I know there's some here) about creating lag (the using the wall method I know you've stated before)

Thanks for the help, its scary to read what you say because you know my ball flight better than I do :)
(fyi I had some serious height on my wedge shots :), its getting better though )

Just tappin away

Back