Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
Just found out one of these bad boys opened in Schaumburg, IL. Really close to Ikea, Golfsmith, the Woodfield Mall, and Portillos. Is it worth driving an hour and a half for some browsing and an Italian Beef?

Kevin

IMO, absolutely. There's nothing really like a PGASS, especially as a lefty. The one's in Myrtle Beach (called Martin's) and the one I've been to in Atlanta have a bay setup just for lefties. They'll also have 10x the amount of demo equipment then you've ever seen.

Absolutely. The closest one to me is about 4 hours. It's by far the best gol store I've been in.

IMO, absolutely. There's nothing really like a PGASS, especially as a lefty. The one's in Myrtle Beach (called Martin's) and the one I've been to in Atlanta have a bay setup just for lefties. They'll also have 10x the amount of demo equipment then you've ever seen.

The PGASS in Myrtle is awesome.. HUGE selection there.. It took me a looooong time to get through it.

If it's anything like that one Esox, I say go for it, and scribble out an entire afternoon haha!

Sweet. Lots of clothing I heard, too. I'd love for my daughter to see a huge collection of women's clothing. And the Portillos Italian Beef is a huge bonus.

Kevin

Sweet. Lots of clothing I heard, too. I'd love for my daughter to see a huge collection of women's clothing. And the Portillos Italian Beef is a huge bonus.

Kevin

I've never spent much time in the attire sections but they are large so I imagine that they have a nice selection. It's an equipment junkies dream dude.

The weird thing is they're opening another one in June in Downers Grove, IL, which is like 10 or 15 minutes from Schaumburg I think. Must be a lot of golfers in the western Chicago 'burbs.

Kevin

3 hour drive there, or a 15 minute bike ride to the pro shop... if it beats the pro shop it must be insane.

3 hour drive there, or a 15 minute bike ride to the pro shop... if it beats the pro shop it must be insane.

Not everyone has access to your super good pro shop. And I'm old enough to drive a car.

Kevin

Not everyone has access to your super good pro shop. And I'm old enough to drive a car.

Kevin

I'm in Chicago enough to be able to go there pretty easily if I wanted to. And I'm getting a car soon :)

You could fit your proshop in the fitting bays man. Worlds apart dude.
Have fun esox! I visit my local ss weekly, it's a sweet place.

--
Tapatalk2

I wish there was a PGASS even remotely close to me. They sound awesome.

Been to the one in myrtle beach. They are great.

Hey-oh, is there one of these in Tulsa OK?

Just found out one of these bad boys opened in Schaumburg, IL. Really close to Ikea, Golfsmith, the Woodfield Mall, and Portillos. Is it worth driving an hour and a half for some browsing and an Italian Beef?

Kevin[/QUOTE
Definitely, my first time in one all I could say was WOW! And, I had been in Golfsmith, and Golf Galaxy.

I wished I would have went the Schaumburg branch today. I spent my afternoon going to GG and GS which right across the street from each other. I keep hearing its by Ikea but never make it that far since GG and GS are the first stops. I guess I will have to shop in reverse order next time.

And yes, its worth the drive for the Portillo's beef alone. Especially the beef n cheddar croissant and peppers of choice (drool :eek:). I recommend picking up a tub of beef to bring home if one is not near by your home.

**Tappin' from the center of the middle of the fairway**

I didn't realize you were that close to schaumburg. Dude we need to meet up and golf. Its like 1.5 hours for me as well.

I didn't realize you were that close to schaumburg. Dude we need to meet up and golf. Its like 1.5 hours for me as well.

Hour and a half is a heacy foot and the right traffic, but I can get there. There're are some decent and affordable courses in the west 'burbs, too, I think. We should get Interlooper. He plays out that way.

Kevin

Hour and a half is a heacy foot and the right traffic, but I can get there. There're are some decent and affordable courses in the west 'burbs, too, I think. We should get Interlooper. He plays out that way.

Kevin

The more the merrier. It's actually closer to 2 hours for me as well but that's nothing to enjoy some Wiscansin company.

We almost have Grace's tourney schedule filled out, so then I'll know where I'm at. We'll talk. TC likes the Superstore, he should come up.

Kevin

We almost have Grace's tourney schedule filled out, so then I'll know where I'm at. We'll talk. TC likes the Superstore, he should come up.

Kevin

Agreed.

Kevin, let's be honest, the main reason to go there is the Portillos, the golf store is a nice addition. :alien:

I've been to the PGA Superstores in Atlanta, those places are massive, like the size of a Home Depot.

Raleigh needs one of these

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I've had good experiences at Martin's in Myrtle Beach. The employees there have always been in a good mood and friendly...until I show up. Jk, not really.

Kevin, let's be honest, the main reason to go there is the Portillos, the golf store is a nice addition. :alien:

I've been to the PGA Superstores in Atlanta, those places are massive, like the size of a Home Depot.

My daughter likes to hit different clubs, my wife likes the clothes, and I like the beef. Having the Superstore is better than going along to Ikea to get a sandwich. I hate Ikea.

Kevin

Back