Daytona Beach end of June

BIGBALL

Reaction score
Handicap
I am heading to Daytona Beach at the end of June, ( 23 - 30th ) and looking for a few nice, well conditioned courses to play within an hour, hour fifteen minutes of Daytona. I was going to make the jaunt to play TPC Sawgrass, but they are closed for aerification while I am there - sucks! Thinking about the World golf hall of fame courses, although they may be a bit too far away. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know!

Hammock Beach Golf Resort

Thanks JB! Sadly, it's private only - you have to stay there... We already have a time share we got free from my in-laws, so that isn't an option unfortunetly. Sucks, because that ocean course looks phenomenal!

Thanks JB! Sadly, it's private only - you have to stay there... We already have a time share we got free from my in-laws, so that isn't an option unfortunetly. Sucks, because that ocean course looks phenomenal!

Nope, you can book times on Golfnow for Hammock Beach. :) Will run you around $140-$200 depending on time of day and season - they might have the lower rates by late June, maybe not. Currently they run $200 for early day, $160 for twighlight after around 2 pm. The Ocean Course is well worth the money.

The Golf Village courses will be about an hour north. They are both well kept and not often overly busy. Of the two I prefer the King & Bear, but the Slammer & Squire is also fun (and a little easier).

I may be able to meet up for a round at the golf village in late June, but I won't know for sure until closer. If still interested when it gets closer shoot me a pm.

I enjoy LPGA International - Legends course, also. Nice design, a lot of it with no houses, just you and trees and a golf course.

Nope, you can book times on Golfnow for Hammock Beach. :) Will run you around $140-$200 depending on time of day and season - they might have the lower rates by late June, maybe not.

Of course you mean you can book tee times on THP. :D

Nope, you can book times on Golfnow for Hammock Beach. :) Will run you around $140-$200 depending on time of day and season - they might have the lower rates by late June, maybe not. Currently they run $200 for early day, $160 for twighlight after around 2 pm. The Ocean Course is well worth the money.

The Golf Village courses will be about an hour north. They are both well kept and not often overly busy. Of the two I prefer the King & Bear, but the Slammer & Squire is also fun (and a little easier).

I may be able to meet up for a round at the golf village in late June, but I won't know for sure until closer. If still interested when it gets closer shoot me a pm.

I enjoy LPGA International - Legends course, also. Nice design, a lot of it with no houses, just you and trees and a golf course.

Dude at Hammock flat out lied to me then. he told me it was only available to guests staying there. That pisses me off, probably thinking I would say, "Oh, o.k., how much is it to stay there"?

Friggin' salesman - and I'm one!

Dude at Hammock flat out lied to me then. he told me it was only available to guests staying there. That pisses me off, probably thinking I would say, "Oh, o.k., how much is it to stay there"?

Friggin' salesman - and I'm one!

its not entirely a lie. The resort is not a public course. They make a select few tee times open to tee time services. Its an amazing venue.

its not entirely a lie. The resort is not a public course. They make a select few tee times open to tee time services. Its an amazing venue.

Thanks JB - When I book it, I will do it through THP obviously! It looks absolutely stunning!

Penglynns - I may just take you up on that offer - thanks for the heads up!

The world golf hof course are closer to you then sawgrass would have been. They are good courses but nothing beats hammock. Not a bad view on the course

Yea, I'll probably play them as well.

Yea, I'll probably play them as well.

One nice thing with the HOF courses is that they frequently do a all-you-can-play special so you could play one in the morning, have lunch, cool off a bit, and then play the other one in the afternoon since they are close together. And if not the all-you-can-play they often do a same day replay for $20 or something like that. Not sure if those are only area residents or not, though.

JB - of course I meant book through THP. There is no actual golfnow website, only that link at the top of the page that says book tee times on THP. :)

Was checking on the golf now website reagarding Hammock - they still are charging 200.00 - that's a bit more than I can justify spending lol! Any other ideas within an hour or so JB and others?

I've heard really good things about Victoria Hills.

Was checking on the golf now website reagarding Hammock - they still are charging 200.00 - that's a bit more than I can justify spending lol! Any other ideas within an hour or so JB and others?

Do you have any planned so far? Or still a blank slate?

Nothing planned yet...

Well, looking at the amount of rain Florida is supposed to get this weekend, I'd better find a course that drains well - yikes!

Never played hammock beach but I hear it is amazing! Also, I would check out the King and Bear at World Golf Village. Another great course and a tough challenge, too. Also, you have to go to the PGA Tour Stop (the golf store at the WGV) it's great. A nice local course (south Jacksonville, near St. Augustine and the WGV) is The Golf Club at South Hampton. Those should be about a 45min to 1 hour drive from Daytona Beach.

Back