You don't know how lucky you are....

barryboymunro

Reaction score
Handicap
Living in a country where you get good summer weather. As you all know Scotland is not the best place for weather for example i played golf on Friday evening and i had to wear a beanie hat, waterproofs, under armour and mittens and then on sunday i played golf with shorts and t-shirt. The weather is so frustrating in this country because it can be so unpredictable. I also played yesterday in shorts and the four ball came to the conclusion we would happily pay our years membership for only 3 months golf if we know it would be fantastic weather.

So all you great weather lucky SOB's enjoy it and think of us Scots whilst playing in it haha

It's like I tell all of my Northern buddies, there is an easy solution to that problem...hehe :D

It's like I tell all of my Northern buddies, there is an easy solution to that problem...hehe :D

I'm trying to do my bit for global warming but it's not working!

I hear ya Barry. It's nice to get out on the course this week after the weather of the last few weeks, but it does make you wonder about living somewhere you can get out and even practice any day of the week.

Living in a country where you get good summer weather. As you all know Scotland is not the best place for weather for example i played golf on Friday evening and i had to wear a beanie hat, waterproofs, under armour and mittens and then on sunday i played golf with shorts and t-shirt. The weather is so frustrating in this country because it can be so unpredictable. I also played yesterday in shorts and the four ball came to the conclusion we would happily pay our years membership for only 3 months golf if we know it would be fantastic weather.

So all you great weather lucky SOB's enjoy it and think of us Scots whilst playing in it haha

I would trade you locales in a millisecond.

At least you have the chance to play year round in a moderate climate. Here we play 6-7 months if we're lucky and get a lot of snow and cold for 3-4 months. You don't have it so bad, I'd trade!

I hear you and agree totally. It is supposed to be 95 F here by the weekend but I won't be complaining at all, just playing golf and drinking lots of water. :D

You can come and visit me anytime Barry...:D

Scotland is a beautiful place to play golf, and in the summer, you can play much later than we can in most of the US (except maybe Alaska). I've had the privilege of playing a number of courses in Scotland, including the Old, New, and Jubilee courses at St. Andrews, and it does not get much better than that. My favorite course was Dunbar.

At least you have the chance to play year round in a moderate climate. Here we play 6-7 months if we're lucky and get a lot of snow and cold for 3-4 months. You don't have it so bad, I'd trade!

I'm not sure that certain parts of Scotland know the meaning of "moderate climate". :alien: I've spent some days up there where you get howling winds, an inch of rain, hail, sunshine and anything else that the weather can throw at you all within an hour. Doesn't necessarily get as cold as northern North America, but the wind and rain can demoralise the most hardy of souls at time.

If you hate the weather there so much you should move. More golf > anything else.

If you hate the weather there so much you should move. More golf > anything else.

Ya who cares, what the wife and kids think...sheesh give the guy a break man he's just frustrated about the weather.

Everytime I play in 40 km/h winds and start to feel sorry for myself I think about the guys in Scotland and tell myself to buck up! :)

LOL, I had to wear the same stuff in Manitoba this past weekend.

Saturday: Gloves on both hands, toque, rain gear, under armor insulated turtle neck.

Sunday: Shorts and T-shirt

Thats the price we pay. If you want to golf here, you have to roll with the conditions.

Yeah it's awesome and believe me I am so thankful everyday! You can come visit it's always sunny here and barely any rain!

We don't have beanie weather much during gold season but the average wind here is pushing 20 mph... Average. Still better than in the office regardless If you ask me!

Sent from my iPhone

LOL, I had to wear the same stuff in Manitoba this past weekend.

Saturday: Gloves on both hands, toque, rain gear, under armor insulated turtle neck.

Sunday: Shorts and T-shirt

Thats the price we pay. If you want to golf here, you have to roll with the conditions.

You golfed on Saturday? My hat is off to you sir.

Man, wearing rain gear does not look fun. I am lucky enough not to even need to own any.

Who sh*t on your lucky charms this morning?

Don't get me wrong the late summer nights are fantastic and on a nice day its the best place to play golf but it just don't happen that often. I honestly think we only get about 6 months worth of golf and when u think people Rory Mcilroy who comes from a similar climate doing so well against people like Rickie Fowler who was born in Cali, he is easily getting 5 more months of golf a year so over the course of say 10 years he is getting like 4 years worth of golf more.

Thank you for invitations of coming to play golf with you, i hope to take use up on this sometime. Going to the Ryder Cup this year so if anyone can squeeze in a game on Monday the 1st I'll delay my flight.

Who sh*t on your lucky charms this morning?

Don't get me wrong the late summer nights are fantastic and on a nice day its the best place to play golf but it just don't happen that often. I honestly think we only get about 6 months worth of golf and when u think people Rory Mcilroy who comes from a similar climate doing so well against people like Rickie Fowler who was born in Cali, he is easily getting 5 more months of golf a year so over the course of say 10 years he is getting like 4 years worth of golf more.

Thank you for invitations of coming to play golf with you, i hope to take use up on this sometime. Going to the Ryder Cup this year so if anyone can squeeze in a game on Monday the 1st I'll delay my flight.

I'll trade you places for a month, you can play from 6am to 8pm here every day, it's hot, sunny, no humidity and the golf course is always open!

LOL @ sleeping on top of the sheets. I'm in!

Man, I don't know how you guys do it at times? It would kind of make me crazy.

You should come play in Texas.....we have the hardest golf courses in the whole entire world!!!! I'm not kidding.......we really do!

I feel for ya barry and we honestly don't know how lucky we have it. We have had some beautiful days this spring with the weather above average in temps.

Back