What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a dozen b330rx and a dozen b330rxs and found out that it is not the ball for me. I usually play the zstar or penta. It was the first time in my life that I hit a 9 iron that rolled 15 ft from an uphill lie. Mid irons had a good 10 ft of roll out. Driver was straight all day, but prob 10 yards shorter than my penta. I played the rxs for the back 9 and still didn't have any stopping power. Not a bad ball, just not the ball for me. Glad I tried them to confirm how much I love the penta ball.

Titleist ProV1x. I love them off of the tee as they don't seem to be quite as spinny as the Penta.

I always try to stay away from ProV1x's, but I manage to eventually come back to them.

I always want to like Callaway's balls, but I never seem to play well with them.

I'm a pretty big fan of the B330, but it feels a little too firm around the green.

Ultimately, I end up coming back to the ProV1x after a couple rounds. Pricey, but I've also had some pretty good luck playing the reclaimed (not refinished) balls.

started with a couple of pentas but once they turned on the water magnets i put them away and finished with prov1's
i have a ton of prov1's

Wilson Staff X1, get 24 on sale for $16.99 at Dunhams. One of the few inexpensive balls I like. Losing too many off the tee to spend more on balls right now.

Nike Ignite most of the time; a few holes I used a Srixon AD333.

Callaway Tour i(s)

Really like it, they've had a nice progression from the HX Tour which was superb. This doesn't spin quite so much, so a bit more predictable. I can get it to hop grab and stop on pitches which is perfect for me.

Still want to try the Bridgestone B330RX though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Callaway Tour i(s)

Really like it, they've had a nice progression from the HX Tour which was superb. This doesn't spin quite so much, so a bit more predictable. I can get it to hop grab and stop on pitches which is perfect for me.

Still want to try the Bridgestone B330RX though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm really looking forward to callaways new ball.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

started with a nike mojo but that didnt last long... lost it in the leaf litter thats all over the course
then i played a srixon ad333... absolutely love that ball then i hooked it into the water and i couldnt find it on the edge
finished with a prov1

So today I wanted to test out several balls to find the one that is right for me. I started with the Bridgestone e6 which worked really well for me, after that I played the Pro V1 and the Pro V1x. Both of the worked really well too, but out of the three I only had the Pro V1x left after the round. Lost the Bridgestone and the Pro V1 to the woods.

So today I wanted to test out several balls to find the one that is right for me. I started with the Bridgestone e6 which worked really well for me, after that I played the Pro V1 and the Pro V1x. Both of the worked really well too, but out of the three I only had the Pro V1x left after the round. Lost the Bridgestone and the Pro V1 to the woods.

Have you chosen one? Or is more testing in order? I'd also suggest looking at other BStone balls as well. Many like the B-330RX or RXS.

started with a callaway tour iz... its a great ball too bad my teeshots were killing me today
finished with a prov1

I have a shipment of Pentas coming in this week. I was out of balls, and I didn't want to pay 40 bucks for a dozen Pentas, so I went back to my previous favorite ball, the Gamer V2. It quickly solidified its spot as my top choice in non premium balls. Picked up a few yards in distance over Pentas, and it still gets good spin on iron shots. Not as much spin as the Penta, but still has enough that I don't feel it hurts my iron game to play it. I did seem to lose a little spin with partial wedge shots, and that hurt me a little since the greens were very fast. If I wasn't buying Pentas for basically the same price as the V2 (shout out to GPPgolf), I might switch back, its just a great ball at a great price.

My dad was playing e6, I hit a few of his just to compare. For me, the V2 feels much better and gives me better distance and spin. I know many compare the two balls, but they are completely different balls to me.

I just looked up the original gamer's compression. It is a higher compression ball, its closer to the Penta, I wonder how I would like it, have to see if I can't find one.

I hit a couple shots with the one Penta I had left, its still my favorite ball. But when I want to grab a ball off the shelf for 20 bucks, its no doubt I'll head for the Gamer.

Played the Breast Cancer awareness Bridgestone B330-RX. Sort of hard to find in the leaves tho... Thanks goodness WhitePines has nothing but White Pines... means no leaves at the home course.

Gamer v2. I really like the feel of this ball off the irons and around the greens. Spins pretty well for me.

I accidentally left my Bridgstone B330RX at home for my trip to MB. Had some E5's in the truck. Had a chance to test them on firm greens... no worries. Truly a great ball for the price. I meant to get back to Martin's for a couple of Daphne's and RX's (34.99) ... I never made it back. Bummed!

Alex

what ball didnt i play... i lost a ton of them in the leaf litter both in the fw and in the deep stuff

Due to the cold conditions I played a Gamer V2, really nice feel. The best ball on the market in its price range. Hands down.

Played with a Noodle - best round ever! 82 but lost it on #14
I don't know which model it was it only had a triangle with a P in it and said "Noodle"
anyone???

I pulled out one of the two Vision UV:X3 yellow balls that I have left. Ahhhhh good stuff is how well this ball feels and performs!

Played with a Noodle - best round ever! 82 but lost it on #14
I don't know which model it was it only had a triangle with a P in it and said "Noodle"
anyone???
it may have been the precept noodle?

i played a topflite xl distance and it lasted the whole round yesterday
not great off the tee but i got one out in the 232 range
pretty decent off the irons
not good at all with the wedges and had alot of rollout no matter how high i hit it
pretty good with the putter but i think its because i was making decent reads yesterday

Penta TP
I've been playing them for a while now and still really like them.
I get a terrific ball flight for my swing as well as very good distance and I love the feel of them off the irons.

Still playing with the bstone 2010 e5 and really like that ball.

Penta TP.

I have tried a lot of balls of the last year and I keep gravitating back to the Penta. It seems to really jump off of the driver and I really like the result off of my irons. With the wedges it is like throwing darts. Great ball in my opinion.

Feel like I cheated on my wife today and am having an affair with the Penta TP. Absolutely love everything about this but especially the feel/response on chips and putts. Extremely durable as well. Still need a little more comparison against the b330-RX to determine which is the long term gamer. Think it's time to move past the e6 & AD-333; just not enough responsiveness on the greens for me.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back