Monday qualifier questions for those that have participated in them

MizunoStriker

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello all, new to the board and this is my first post. GREAT forums for golf junkees!

I was wanting to get some information from any and all that have participated in a Monday qualifier for either a PGA Tour event or a Nationwide event. I've got a business sponsor that has agreed to pay my entry fee into a couple this year and I'm curious as to what I should expect when I get to the qualifying site.

Thanks!
TS

Depending on what events you are looking to qualify for you will see tour vets that need Monday to get in. Players from all over with fans or family in tow and a very quiet atmosphere. Usually 4 spots for 70 plus guys. -5 usually gets you in a playoff or may not sniff a spot.
the boys that are there all know one another because they do this for a living. Don't be surprised if the reception is a little chilly. They go out and post a good number and wait to see if they got in. If they think they shot too high, they are down the road or working on their swing for the next mini tour event or Monday qualifier

Freddie pretty much nailed it, don't go expecting to chit chat with your competitors, they're there to try and make a living and take pro golf seriously.

It's golf on a totally new level, but it's awesome! You'll see some incredible shots and you'll hit some yourself, have fun, stay centered, and talk to your caddie allot.

Back