MLB 2011 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite honestly I am just happy the Cards made it to the Series. What a year. Not sure anyone would have picked the Cards to even make the playoffs after Wainwright went down. Hopefully we can take the next 2. If not, congrats Rangers and great year for the Cards

Good game last night. Impressive of CJ to get it under control after the 2 early runs given up.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Quite honestly I am just happy the Cards made it to the Series. What a year. Not sure anyone would have picked the Cards to even make the playoffs after Wainwright went down. Hopefully we can take the next 2. If not, congrats Rangers and great year for the Cards

90 wins? Haha who would have thought. At the ASB we had no closer, led the ML in blown saves and GIDPs and Carpenter was bad.. and look where we are now.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow

Another great game and a nice clinic put on by Nap Nap. Nails. CJ did just enough to hang in there but I think his time as a Ranger is all but over. Feel real good with Lewis on the mound for game 6.

Not TLR's best game there and a question for you St. Louis fans.....does Albert normally call his own hit and runs at the plate??? I have never heard such a thing?

Game 6 is tonight! Looking forward to seeing if the TX Rangers can clinch their first ever world series!!

Game 6 is tonight! Looking forward to seeing if the TX Rangers can clinch their first ever world series!!
Maybe....80% chance of rain....we'll see. I think all Card fans are doing the rain dance today so that Carpenter 'might' be ready if there is a game 7.

Maybe....80% chance of rain....we'll see. I think all Card fans are doing the rain dance today so that Carpenter 'might' be ready if there is a game 7.

It is raining here right now. I am about 10 miles from the stadium....

Another great game and a nice clinic put on by Nap Nap. Nails. CJ did just enough to hang in there but I think his time as a Ranger is all but over. Feel real good with Lewis on the mound for game 6.

Not TLR's best game there and a question for you St. Louis fans.....does Albert normally call his own hit and runs at the plate??? I have never heard such a thing?

He has done it before, and he does have the green light to do that. I dont think Pujols is as smart as some people think he is. He wanted to make something happen and Im not sure it was smart. We have lit Ogando up so Im not sure why he didnt try to hit a gap

If you are a Ranger fan you have to hope they play today, they have momentum they can lose and it could also mean facing Carpenter again. I think changing the schedule because of pressure from the broadcaster is going to work against the Rangers here.

I agree not playing tonight does nothing but help the cardinals. This is why the baseball season should be long over by now.

~Don't drink and tapatalk~

He has done it before, and he does have the green light to do that. I dont think Pujols is as smart as some people think he is. He wanted to make something happen and Im not sure it was smart. We have lit Ogando up so Im not sure why he didnt try to hit a gap

Yep. And, he only listens to Oquendo (3rd base coach) whenever he wants to.

Although Carpenter has only 1 other appearance as a starter on 3 days rest and went 3 innings for 4 runs. Add the elbow that seems to be giving him some uncomfortableness, might not be a terrible thing. Also would put Holland back in for game 7.

Answer should be coming in minutes now but just don't see how and why they would cancel this game right now:

2xradarb3_anim_Update.gif

NewbergReport on Twitter: "From a friend in STL: Local forecast at noon said rain will stay south and the game should be played with no issues."

Although Carpenter has only 1 other appearance as a starter on 3 days rest and went 3 innings for 4 runs. Add the elbow that seems to be giving him some uncomfortableness, might not be a terrible thing. Also would put Holland back in for game 7.

Answer should be coming in minutes now but just don't see how and why they would cancel this game right now:

2xradarb3_anim_Update.gif

If they don't play tonight he will have 4 days rest correct? Holland could maybe pitch Friday but he has been good then bad all year so I would not expect two good games in a row. The Rangers won't beat Carpenter twice, their best chance is if he doesn't pitch again. They have to win game 6 and close it out whether that happens today or tomorrow, a game 7 and STL has the advantage at home with Carpenter on Friday. Fox could be deciding who wins the series this year by not allowing any game delays in the broadcast due to weather and forcing cancellation, maybe not just today. Weather delays are part of the game.

If they don't play tonight he will have 4 days rest correct? Holland could maybe pitch Friday but he has been good then bad all year so I would not expect two good games in a row. The Rangers won't beat Carpenter twice, their best chance is if he doesn't pitch again. They have to win game 6 and close it out whether that happens today or tomorrow, a game 7 and STL has the advantage at home with Carpenter on Friday. Fox could be deciding who wins the series this year by not allowing any game delays in the broadcast due to weather and forcing cancellation, maybe not just today. Weather delays are part of the game.
It is 4 days but I think in baseball terms they call it 3 days. For example, Lewis is pitching tonight on 5 days rest, which has been a pitchers normal schedule during the season and playoffs. He pitched game 2 last Thursday. He didn't pitch Friday (1), Saturday (2), Sunday (3), Monday (4) and Tuesday (5) and is pitching today (6). But in baseball terms it's 5 days of rest since his last outing. So yes, in baseball terms Carpenter will be coming off 3 days rest, which he has only done once in his career in Game 2 of the NL Division Series where he pitched on Wed. in the final game of the season and then pitched on Sunday.

It is 4 days but I think in baseball terms they call it 3 days. For example, Lewis is pitching tonight on 5 days rest, which has been a pitchers normal schedule during the season and playoffs. He pitched game 2 last Thursday. He didn't pitch Friday (1), Saturday (2), Sunday (3), Monday (4) and Tuesday (5) and is pitching today (6). But in baseball terms it's 5 days of rest since his last outing. So yes, in baseball terms Carpenter will be coming off 3 days rest, which he has only done once in his career in Game 2 of the NL Division Series where he pitched on Wed. in the final game of the season and then pitched on Sunday.

Thanks for the correction, you are right, had a brain malfunction on that one. Whether 3 or 4 days rest anyone who is rooting for the Rangers to win this thing you don't want to see Carpenter again.

Good news for cardinals if we go to a game 7

tapatalk addict....

Im glad to see it get rainedout, but we still have to take care of business in game six first. Carpenter possibly being able to go doesnt help us if we dont win 6.

Good news for cardinals if we go to a game 7

tapatalk addict....
Not gonna happen............. :bashful:

and if it does, I like our chances to take 'em on short rest for your ace.

Bummer no baseball tonight.

I just dont think the Rangers have anyone who scares me with that big game "clutch-factor?" Carp just knows how to get it done and in a game 7, like game 5 against the phillies I think he will show up..

Big if though, the Colby and Jaime matchup will be really really good

guess I'll have to watch some NBA tonight instead

It's Time

Yep, and I think Colby Lewis is lights out tonight and helps the Rangers bring home their first ever Wold Series title.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back