Bridgestone J40 Driver Review Thread

I can't help but really, really want to get my hands on this driver. Not 100% sure that the stock shaft would be a perfect fit for me, but there is a huge number of available shaft options. I've been looking for a driver that really balances forgiveness with low spin/high launch. The 445 looks like it could be just what I'm looking for.

Edit to say: Loved the format of the review, JB. Easy to read and covered what I was wanting to know. Great job dude.

I can't help but really, really want to get my hands on this driver. Not 100% sure that the stock shaft would be a perfect fit for me, but there is a huge number of available shaft options. I've been looking for a driver that really balances forgiveness with low spin/high launch. The 445 looks like it could be just what I'm looking for.

Edit to say: Loved the format of the review, JB. Easy to read and covered what I was wanting to know. Great job dude.

For me, I've always found the PX shafts to offer a higher launch. It could be a great driver for you. The J40 could also be the best looking driver head on the market.

For me, I've always found the PX shafts to offer a higher launch. It could be a great driver for you. The J40 could also be the best looking driver head on the market.

It's definitely and understated look,which tends to be something I prefer.

I'm glad you said that about the shafts, because I think there's a misperception about PX in general at times. I need to find a Bridgestone demo day around here.

It's definitely and understated look,which tends to be something I prefer.

I'm glad you said that about the shafts, because I think there's a misperception about PX in general at times. I need to find a Bridgestone demo day around here.

Well, I don't know about misconception or not, but they launch high for me man, unless I put myself in a 7.0, which can get to me when it's late in a round or if I'm tired. I saw some big, beautiful bombs with this driver. I loved the sound, very Razr Hawkish to me (not tingy). It just provides an audible tone of "smacked". I really really wish I could hit this driver though. The complete package is just wicked.

I bet you wish you could. It really sounds like it is right up your alley.

I'm going to make a couple calls today. I found equipment dealers not too far from me, but I don't know if they will have them in stock yet.

I have a J38 with a PX 6.5 shaft in it and I love it, I am happy to see that Bridgestone has decided to go with PX for their stock shaft in the J40 driver. This entire J40 line is just great looking and so far everything I'm reading says they're great performers too. Good stuff, thanks for the review!

It's definitely and understated look,which tends to be something I prefer. I'm glad you said that about the shafts, because I think there's a misperception about PX in general at times. I need to find a Bridgestone demo day around here.
I always thought PX shafts were low launchers, I guess I'll have to re-evaluate that.

I really can't wait to give this driver a try! It is really one of the only drivers I can see giving my R11 a run for its money. I love the idea of a super low spinning head as I can put a ton of spin on the ball. I love that a real deal PX is the stock shaft in the driver and I am loving the list of shaft options that are also available for this club. There is a lot to be excited about with the J40 lineup.

The review of the J40 driver line is now up on the home page. We know that a few Morgan Cup hopefuls have been looking forward to this one.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=14956

This was a great review. Curious what many of you that want to get into the MC think in terms of which model you'd prefer?

This was a great review. Curious what many of you that want to get into the MC think in terms of which model you'd prefer?

Honestly, I would prefer a Left Handed one.

that was an excellent review. I need a lower spinning and higher ball flight so its almost as if this was made for me to game. I cant wait to give it some swings.

Ive always found their drivers not tailored to my game at all.

Honestly, I would prefer a Left Handed one.

Hi Lucas. I'm not saying this to make a left handed joke but I really think this driver would be perfect for you. I loved it even though the shaft wasn't optimal. I could go HAM with this one I think given enough time. It feels/sounds extremely hot off the face like you said. I love it.

Ive always found their drivers not tailored to my game at all.

I haven't hit one outside of a ball fitting and that was back when I hit it further right than I hit is straight. Now I hitting higher in the air than I do towards the hole, so I'm hoping the 445 could help with that if I'm a Bridgestone staffer.

I haven't hit one outside of a ball fitting and that was back when I hit it further right than I hit is straight. Now I hitting higher in the air than I do towards the hole, so I'm hoping the 445 could help with that if I'm a Bridgestone staffer.

the only time I remember hitting one outside was also at a ball fitting. My numbers from that day were pretty good.

Comparably to many popular choices out there. I would not put them at the same forgiving level as some and just as forgiving as others. In my opinion similar forgiveness wise to the R11 and/or 910D2

I see you have made the change to the J40. I remember you saying that you disliked the R11 because of its lack of forgiveness. Does the J40 have just enough forgiveness for you?

I see you have made the change to the J40. I remember you saying that you disliked the R11 because of its lack of forgiveness. Does the J40 have just enough forgiveness for you?

I have not made a change to it, but it is being tested because of the shaft that is in it. Being that I reviewed the driver and am now reviewing the shaft that was put in this driver, it meant it was going to be in my bag for a period of 2+months, so it was only fair to call it in the bag at this point.

I have not made a change to it, but it is being tested because of the shaft that is in it. Being that I reviewed the driver and am now reviewing the shaft that was put in this driver, it meant it was going to be in my bag for a period of 2+months, so it was only fair to call it in the bag at this point.

Has it been performing well for you? The spin killing of this driver has me intrigued.

Has it been performing well for you? The spin killing of this driver has me intrigued.

There is a full review of it by me on the home page.

Your thoughts haven't changed? Nothing more to add? Are you still seeing a

penetrating ball flight that seems to lift off like a jet and fly forever
?

?

You can get some serious distance with the J40. I hit it a few times yesterday, and while it is not the best setup for me, in the right hands, it can be very good. The times I hit it, I got decent distance, and a straight ball flight. My only issue was that I can not get the ball up in the air with it. I had a line drive ball flight, and dont think I would get much more height than that.

?

No, my thoughts have not changed one bit. Its a low spin driver that in the right hands will be a great performer. Just as I said in the review. Perhaps in more time they might, but so far, they have not. Now I dont have the standard shaft in it, so I am not comparing apples to apples.

You can get some serious distance with the J40. I hit it a few times yesterday, and while it is not the best setup for me, in the right hands, it can be very good. The times I hit it, I got decent distance, and a straight ball flight. My only issue was that I can not get the ball up in the air with it. I had a line drive ball flight, and dont think I would get much more height than that.

There's my fear. I've always had a really high ball flight, except this summer it started to get lower. I will definately try to find a spot to demo this club once it comes out. Because the low spin is really intriguing.

Really want to try these drivers, especially the 430 when it comes out.

So frustrating with Bridgestone though. Great looking equipment you can't find anywhere to try.

Back