The 2nd Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Tour Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is, without a doubt, a TON of effort that has to be put into it from all involved. Definitely not an apply and just show up type of deal.

There is work to be done, but with the organization done differently this year, it will be much easier for participants to keep up, be involved and get feedback from their sponsor and GolferGal on what they should be working on. Streamlined process to make the entire thing more enjoyable for everybody. Nobody should shy away due to fear of too much work.

That is really well said Hawk. And when participants see how involved the companies are going to be this year, they are going to really see the true tour experience.

I can't even imagine (or maybe I am afraid to) what more the sponsor companies could offer

Ironically just now, Tour Rep Michael Jolly from Cleveland Golf just tweeted about the Morgan Cup. This is the same guy that works with the tour players each week.

How cool is that!

I know there is a lot of talk about the hard work that goes into the event, but I hope people don't let that keep them from getting in the MC 2. The work still amounts to talking and playing golf, which is something we all love to do.

Same goes for those folks worried about their abilities. This is an event for amateurs and I expect there will be a pretty broad range of skill levels.

I think it is important that everyone realize this, and, I would be shocked if the people selected don't improve just from the required work for the event. Then you throw in the work you would be doing anyway, and it is almost a guarantee.

I agree with cookie. There is a lot of work involved. Both on and off the forum, on and off the course, and especially after the actual event. The people who truly care and want to be in this for the right reasons will stand out in their videos, I have no doubt about it.

Well said buddy.

This is a once in a life time event for those that get in. The participation level is great, yes. But it's nothing but a good time. It's not like breaking rocks with a hammer. You get in, you have to committ to the Morgan cup, THP and yourself. As long as that is kept in mind the "work" won't seem that over bearing.

This is a once in a life time event for those that get in. The participation level is great, yes. But it's nothing but a good time. It's not like breaking rocks with a hammer. You get in, you have to committ to the Morgan cup, THP and yourself. As long as that is kept in mind the "work" won't seem that over bearing.

Well said, Tadashi. It's a once in a lifetime event, something most amateurs like us will NEVER get to experience. Yes, there is a lot of work to be done, but with the reward being next July @ the Morgan Cup, that work doesnt seem so over bearing.

I think it would not really be that much more "work" than we already put into golf and into the site already (for active members). Remember, this is something that you love doing anyway.

I think it would not really be that much more "work" than we already put into golf and into the site already (for active members). Remember, this is something that you love doing anyway.

That is speaking the truth! Well said Seth.

I am really excited about this. My mind has been wandering for the past couple of days about the MC and my videos. I want to get in so bad, that I can't seem to solidify my video ideas. The video viewing party is going to be awesome! I can't wait to tune in.

Quoted for truth and accuracy

That is really good to know

There is work to be done, but with the organization done differently this year, it will be much easier for participants to keep up, be involved and get feedback from their sponsor and GolferGal on what they should be working on. Streamlined process to make the entire thing more enjoyable for everybody. Nobody should shy away due to fear of too much work.

I love that the very companies that will be sponsoring the event are going to be so involved in choosing participants.

If you love the companies wait till you see the courses up close and personal. Simply spectacular!!!

I love that the very companies that will be sponsoring the event are going to be so involved in choosing participants.

I think that is cool too. I think that makes the Promo videos even harder. You want to make sure you rep really good in them.

With the exception of GolferGal, nobody on the panel of judges that selects the participants knows much about the THP forum. Its going to be about the submissions and this way, we know its 100% fair in the process. We wish everybody could get selected, but unfortunately that just cannot happen. So we wanted to find a way to make sure it was about the members overall and have the submission process a lot of fun.

Ironically just now, Tour Rep Michael Jolly from Cleveland Golf just tweeted about the Morgan Cup. This is the same guy that works with the tour players each week.
And it just gets better and better!

Same goes for those folks worried about their abilities. This is an event for amateurs and I expect there will be a pretty broad range of skill levels.
One would hope! hehehe

I'm really glad JB reiterated the fact that only GG will have any idea who any of the applicants are. I dont know if this could be stressed enough in the coming weeks. Hopefully stressing this point will encourage some newer members to put together some great videos and add more to the community. The level of transparency here at THP is amazing, hopefully this will never come into question throughout the selection process.

Great news. Ill be uploading tonight. Hope I can wow these judges. If not I'd love to volunteer. Again thanks THP for this great opportunity

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Having a panel with no knowledge of who is who here on the forum is really a great way to do this. Fairness is important, and the with the applicants well aware of that upfront, it should encourage those on the fence to apply, and temper the disappointment for those that don't get in.

Kevin

Is there going to be a prescreening before the panel or are the people on the panel going to watch every video submitted?

Is there going to be a prescreening before the panel or are the people on the panel going to watch every video submitted?

As has been stated, the panel is the only group making the decisions. So by doing so, they naturally have to watch every video.

King of skim

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Sunday single really intrigue me. This is gonna be crazy going against 2 players. I havent ever done this and I am gonna have to practice to get my mindset right for that.
So are we really only vying for 13 spots now? :D I KID, I KID!!!!! :banana: Based on your videos in the past, I do have to say that you probably have a good chance in getting in. But we're not going down without a fight!!

I was thinking about the format and the matches a bit last night. It's awesome and terrifying at the same time.

As has been stated, the panel is the only group making the decisions. So by doing so, they naturally have to watch every video.

That's a lot of videos at 2 per submission. That panel's gonna be busy for a while!

playing catchup

playing catchup

I seem to have a few posts to make up to make myself eligible. No worries though. I can get there. This process looks great and the event from last year looked amazing. Anyone know how many entries there were for the spots last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back