Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think by great you meant evil. I've seen some pretty good ball strikers struggle mightly with this club. If I wanted a "players" hybrid from Adams I still think the A12 Pro is the go to choice. Hard to argue with the real deal Altus shaft if it's fits you as well ($150 shaft in a $169 club).

I tried the black a few times and I could barely hit the thing. The A7, A12, and A12OS are all way better options in my opinion, as well as the Titliest 910h outside the "Adam's" Family.

I am done pondering 3W's. The S2 with Oban Devotion 8 I picked up from Tuna performed great today, I don't see it leaving my bag for quite some time.

However, with as well as it performed, I am thinking a Devotion 6/7 could find its way into my driver soon. That shaft worked wonders for me today.

I think by great you meant evil. I've seen some pretty good ball strikers struggle mightly with this club. If I wanted a "players" hybrid from Adams I still think the A12 Pro is the go to choice. Hard to argue with the real deal Altus shaft if it's fits you as well ($150 shaft in a $169 club).

I was going to mention that I felt the A12 Pro was a much better hybrid lol

I need a stiffer, more smooth shaft in my driver. This thing is too whippy for me. I can slow down and make it playable, but I can't get after it.

What is in it Thainer? The RIP X?

I was going to mention that I felt the A12 Pro was a much better hybrid lol

I figured but couldn't resist. I still maintain that it's evil.

While we're on the Adams A12, I wonder how different the A12 vs the A12 pro is in the hybrid line. I'm also interested in that VTS shaft as UST believes they really nailed it with this line.

I need a stiffer, more smooth shaft in my driver. This thing is too whippy for me. I can slow down and make it playable, but I can't get after it.

Seriously, F7M2 or 7M3. Do et.

I figured but couldn't resist. I still maintain that it's evil.

While we're on the Adams A12, I wonder how different the A12 vs the A12 pro is in the hybrid line. I'm also interested in that VTS shaft as UST believes they really nailed it with this line.

Seriously, F7M2 or 7M3. Do et.

I've really been liking what the testers have been saying about the hybrids in the A12OS testing

With the MC 2.0 looming for next year, its crazy to me to think how long I have had a lot of the stuff in my bag. A lot of this will change this coming year and it has me pondering.

Driver - For the most part, I have never had one over the last year outside of the Srixon because of so much testing. Played the Srixon almost the entire year with no change.

FW Wood - I played 2 this year. Octane and FL. Thats it.

Hybrid - Had the same hybrid in my bag since the first outing at PGA National. Going on 2 years now.

Irons - Played the Z-Stars since 90 days before release. Still love them.

Wedges - Played the CG15s since the day they came out for just over 2 years. Replaced the entire set once in between, but with the same wedges. Played the Nikes ever since. Just waiting for my 588s to come out.

Putter - Try a lot, but still rocking the same SeeMore for the last 3 years.

JB: have a feeling the driver may get a permanent change soon! Still feeling out the Black?

Tappin' from my iPad!

Everything in ny bag is new this month. Minus driver and putter. Which I'm pondering both. And a 3 would shaft

tapatalk addict....

JB: have a feeling the driver may get a permanent change soon! Still feeling out the Black?

Tappin' from my iPad!

Cookie, do you have somewhere close by that will let you demo the Black out on the course?

I never thought of that. My home course deals Cleveland. Hopefully they will have a black to demo

tapatalk addict....

Tappin' from my iPad!

I like that driver quite a bit.

Cookie, do you have somewhere close by that will let you demo the Black out on the course?

Not as of now. My club pro told me he was getting a Cleveland account and that there were some 588's on the way but I need to ask him about what all they will have. Pretty small mom & pop club so they won't carry all that much but hopefully have a demo of the new offerings. Will ask this weekend.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I am real close to pulling the trigger on the z-star irons. They are beautiful clubs. Does anyone think the price will drop any time soon or should I go ahead and get them now?

Tapatalking from iPhone

I am real close to pulling the trigger on the z-star irons. They are beautiful clubs. Does anyone think the price will drop any time soon or should I go ahead and get them now?

Tapatalking from iPhone

They can be found for a great price right now. Not sure how much of a price drop you will see on the Z-Stars any time soon.

They can be found for a great price right now. Not sure how much of a price drop you will see on the Z-Stars any time soon.

Agree with this. Srixon does not have enough new equipment releases to justify a ton of price drops like some other OEM's.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Tapatalking from iPhone

Shoot Blind9 a PM, they'll give you a great price. I got mine from them and were great to deal with. I think you'd be hard pressed to do better than what they will do for you.

When I picked up my shafts today, my local dude was telling me that Srixon won't have any equipment for North America in 2012. JB, can you confirm this or was he just b.s.ing me?

I would grab the Z-Stars. They're at a good price and everyone seems to love them. Pondering some woods. I would love to add a strong 3 and maybe even a 5. I have a 4 at 16.5* now and a 21* 3 hybrid. I just would like to look at the possibility of different lofts for different situations. I want to hit the FL since a lot of people love that.

When I picked up my shafts today, my local dude was telling me that Srixon won't have any equipment for North America in 2012. JB, can you confirm this or was he just b.s.ing me?

Its not exactly true, and kind of true all at once. Truth is, Srixon in the past has been an every two years change kind of place. Like Bridgestone, Titleist, etc...This is an off year for them and there wont be any new gear. With that, there is talk that Srixon will stay in other markets and Cleveland will be the brand that will be fully represented in NA beyond that in the future (which makes sense).

Its not exactly true, and kind of true all at once. Truth is, Srixon in the past has been an every two years change kind of place. Like Bridgestone, Titleist, etc...This is an off year for them and there wont be any new gear. With that, there is talk that Srixon will stay in other markets and Cleveland will be the brand that will be fully represented in NA beyond that in the future (which makes sense).

Well that makes sense. I'm surprised I didn't think of that to be honest.

I've really been liking what the testers have been saying about the hybrids in the A12OS testing

I've seen that and it's promising. However keep in mind that this is Adams so when were talking about A12 hybrids there's the Pro, Regular and Oversized versions. Very different shafts in all of them as well. VS Proto or Altus in the Pro, VTS in the regular and Prolaunch blue in the OS's. I'm impressed by the variety but I can see why it might be a bit confusing.
I wonder if they would let me put the Altus in the regular version...

I've been hearing the same thing is TC so that's a nice tidbit.

Pondering rip beta wood shaft for my vr pro. Don't like the project x

tapatalk addict....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back