Why can't my woods and irons get along?

PUZOFAN

Reaction score
Handicap
BAC var.
GRRRR.....Another round of terrible fairway wood and driver performance paired with exception iron play. Last week it was totally opposite, I was hitting my woods well and couldn't buy an iron shot. About every fourth round the stars align and I have a good round. What gives?

Last edited:
Put em down side by side and have a good strong talk to them.Eventually they,ll listen.LOL

I know this happens to me occasionally, and I think that it's b/c the woods' shaft length is so different. With me, it generally comes down to overreaching with my hands so my arms are almost parallel with my shaft rather than being more perpendicular to the ground. On the other hand, I have developed a neurosis where I have days where I can't hit woods/irons/wedges off the tee box, but can off the fairway/rough just fine. My saying is: Golf is 80% mental, 15% physical, and 5% luck.

Sign me up for this club. If the woods are being bad to me I just become a layup machine. I may take a stroke or two that way, but at least it's not six or seven strokes.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Just OEM it and buy 14 new clubs after a bad round.

GRRRR.....Another round of terrible fairway wood and driver performance paired with exception iron play. Last week it was totally opposite, I was hitting my woods well and couldn't buy an iron shot. About every fourth round the stars align and I have a good round. What gives?

That's what I am like it's so irratating

I keep my woods in the top part of my bag and the irons in the lower, they seem to get along better that way.

My bag has a large enough opening, that they don't even have to see each other. . .

Also I noticed when I swing a wood as confident as I do my irons, they all work great for me

Put em down side by side and have a good strong talk to them.Eventually they,ll listen.LOL

Exactly. However if they start talking back you should lay off whatever alcohol, herbs or chemicals you are ingesting for a bit. Then take up a sport with less tools...

I've flip-flopped one or the other numerous times this year. Not sure what it is. If the woods aren't working then I won't use 'em. 3-4 iron from tee to green if need be and I still shoot just fine. Only makes for a longer second shot really and your "drive" is usually right in the middle of the fairway!

Back