Morgan Cup Invades Myrtle Beach in 2012

If I took a golf trip to Myrtle, these courses would be the ones I would have at the top of my list. Thats how nice they are. If you havent played them or been, this is gonna be a reall good experience

That says a lot to me right there. This is the lameness, but I totally played the 'Best of Myrtle Beach' on the sim last week b/c I'm so pumped right now haha.

That says a lot to me right there. This is the lameness, but I totally played the 'Best of Myrtle Beach' on the sim last week b/c I'm so pumped right now haha.

hey, thats one way to prepare!

It's the closest I'll be getting for a while for sure.

I assume we'll see Bermuda grass at these courses? I'm not so worried about the waste bunkers at least. That's one shot I actually have in my bag haha.

oh...and there is a restaurant there that we will go to. Its called Sams Corner. Home of the fried hot dog! Sounds fat, it is...but so good!

I'm down for sure.

After a ton of searching I just found out that Spirit airlines goes from O'Hare into Myrtle Beach. Could be a huge money saver for me. They don't have the schedule posted for July though.

After a ton of searching I just found out that Spirit airlines goes from O'Hare into Myrtle Beach. Could be a huge money saver for me. They don't have the schedule posted for July though.

Unless you've flown them before and had good experiences I would caution you. Yes they are cheaper, but this really is a case of you get what you pay for.

--
tapatalk

My last trip to Myrtle Beach was my worst vacation ever(relatives issue). I actually scratched off ever going back. This would be a great reason to visit again.

Yea, I know they are severely lacking in the CS department. I'll have to see just how much cheaper they are when they post the schedule.

Spirit Air is brutal on bag check fees though, double check on that.

I was talking to a caddy on the LPGA tour last night and I was telling him about the Morgan Cup and where it's being held and he had such great things to say about both courses.

I really can't go more than a fee days without heading back over to the internet to check out these courses. So nice looking.

Unless you've flown them before and had good experiences I would caution you. Yes they are cheaper, but this really is a case of you get what you pay for.

--
tapatalk

I'd like to add to this thought a bit. They just flat out use a different business model than the traditional airlines or even SWA. They pride themselves in the passengers in ultra low base fares & then passengers just paying for benefits of their choosing. So, as long as you know what you want and are willing to pay an extra $5, 10, $20 for each benefit, you could be quite satisfied with them. But yes, you will want to factor in the charge for checking your clubs each way when comparing fares.

I fly constantly, while Spirit is not my #1 favorite airline, they are one of my fans when traveling for leisure on my own dollar. I don't need a soda or pretzels during the flight, I just bring my own. Same goes for the blanket & pillow. Why pay for something that I don't want (like you do with other 'bundled' fares)?

It just takes a bit of planning on what you will check, checking yourself in online, packing accordingly, etc to make flying Spirit's low fares worth the hassle (IMO).

I'd like to add to this thought a bit. They just flat out use a different business model than the traditional airlines or even SWA. They pride themselves in the passengers in ultra low base fares & then passengers just paying for benefits of their choosing. So, as long as you know what you want and are willing to pay an extra $5, 10, $20 for each benefit, you could be quite satisfied with them. But yes, you will want to factor in the charge for checking your clubs each way when comparing fares.

I fly constantly, while Spirit is not my #1 favorite airline, they are one of my fans when traveling for leisure on my own dollar. I don't need a soda or pretzels during the flight, I just bring my own. Same goes for the blanket & pillow. Why pay for something that I don't want (like you do with other 'bundled' fares)?

It just takes a bit of planning on what you will check, checking yourself in online, packing accordingly, etc to make flying Spirit's low fares worth the hassle (IMO).

You are full of good airline info. My goal is to do this as cheaply as possible, so the extras are worth giving up. The bag fees are a good point and I'll have to see how that changes things. Either way, I don't see myself flying into another aiport and renting a car.

You are full of good airline info. My goal is to do this as cheaply as possible, so the extras are worth giving up. The bag fees are a good point and I'll have to see how that changes things. Either way, I don't see myself flying into another aiport and renting a car.

Spirit's baggage fees are a little on the steep end. Charging 35-40 bucks for a carry on? And then you have to then get your bag on the plane? Ouch. It'd be probably cheaper to UPS your bag and luggage straight to the hotel of your choosing and back than deal with the luggage fees.

Yikes. Yea, I'll have to look at that a bit closer. I got all excited and skipped all that stuff haha.

I won't/can't argue the cost side of the equation. Where my issue lie is with the service I've experienced. Delays, missing bags, surprise charges, poor in flight service etc etc. Those things are where my money is earned or lost with a company. If you've had good luck with them, then more power to you and keep on keeping on.

On another note I'm pretty excited about seeing these courses live, been doing a lot of reading lately and it's gotten me all riled up.

Good thing for me its only an 8 hour drive :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Hawk FedEx your clubs and carry on. You are trying to move from A to B with the least amount of resistance. Its not like you are on a transatlantic flight
Spirit Air is brutal on bag check fees though, double check on that.

GG the course are beautiful and its on a great end of the island. I don't think I have ever heard a bad thing said about the two courses.

I was talking to a caddy on the LPGA tour last night and I was telling him about the Morgan Cup and where it's being held and he had such great things to say about both courses.

You definitely don't have to worry about renting a car. Whether I am in or not, I will be there, and I am going to try and convince the wife to let me take her car, so that I will have more than 2 seats. It shouldn't be an issue, even though she hates driving my car, because she is really excited about this event for me.

Hmmm. Well, that gives me something else to think about. Too bad I only have 9 months to plan lol. Thanks yorkem!

Hmmm. Well, that gives me something else to think about. Too bad I only have 9 months to plan lol. Thanks yorkem!

You got it buddy.

These two course will attempt to contain the beast we call the Morgan Cup. The road show is coming!

For those of you that have played these courses, what are the toughest things about them? Greens, distance, forced carries, etc.

Back