Postman

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently started playing with a coworker and he hit a 300 yard drive today,I mean he hit's it a good 275 most of the time but my jaw dropped when he revealed that he was 60,his 190 club is a 6 iron,anyway anyone else know of some seasoned long hitters

That's pretty crazy. No one I know at that ripe old age hits the ball anywhere near that far. Good for him!

Wait till you guys see Danny P at the outing! He's almost 60 and uses his 6i for his 190 club sometimes 200. I can't believe it sometime.

this past summer i played in a league with a lot of shall we say, "older" gentlemen.
they tee it up from the senior tees and hit the hell out of the ball still. it amazes me.
the guy who hits it the longest, i would say...still uses the Burner 07. man what a great driver...

Hearing that makes me smile. I'm sure he gets a kick out of hitting long as the years grow older.

That's pretty crazy. No one I know at that ripe old age hits the ball anywhere near that far. Good for him!

yeah and bad for me,I'm tired of nutting drives and he still gets it passed me by 40 yards lol,I mean he has some serious club head speed.

I recently started playing with a coworker and he hit a 300 yard drive today,I mean he hit's it a good 275 most of the time but my jaw dropped when he revealed that he was 60,his 190 club is a 6 iron,anyway anyone else know of some seasoned long hitters

I just turned 63 and still have decent length, I see a few others in tournaments who still hit it long.

I just turned 63 and still have decent length, I see a few others in tournaments who still hit it long.

Lefty speaks the truth, he is young man long, I was totally impressed at the Georgia Outing with his ballstriking long and short. He can get it out there with the "flat bellies" very well.

That is very impressive about a 60 year old who can belt it that far. I work out four days every week at the gym and have not seen many 300 yd drives lately. Well I did hit one out of bounds on number 10 at our club that bounced down the highway, about 320 yds away :D. I am decently strong for my age (61 this month) but the flexibility it takes to hit the ball that far consistently for a Senior is awesome.

I can tell you this I would not be considered a flat belly..... Todays equipment is the reason we can all hit the ball as far as ever, just can't see it land

I played with a guy this summer that was 65 and he was hitting a 3 wood off every tee.
265 to 270 yards every time.

thanks to little blue pills, I hope I can still be long when I'm old :act-up:

I play often with a guy that is in his early 80's. He still walks nearly every round and carries his bag. He shots some really low upper 60's scores now and then and he often out drives me a good 20/30 yards.

I also have a brother in law that just turned 50 and I see him hit as many 280/300 yard drives as anyone, but he has always been pretty long. His only problem is he has no short game and he can't putt. He out drives me on every hole, but rarely beats me score wise. Long does not always mean good.

Father-in-law is 60 and seem him smack a few 300 yrd drives, being out-driven by him is a bit embarrassing

My swing coach. He's 64 and puts it out there a consistent 275-80. He's disappointed that he doesn't hit 205 yard 5 irons any more. He's the same with his 6.

Alex

this past summer i played in a league with a lot of shall we say, "older" gentlemen.
they tee it up from the senior tees and hit the hell out of the ball still. it amazes me.
the guy who hits it the longest, i would say...still uses the Burner 07. man what a great driver...

07 Burner Driver is the real deal!

Well into his 70's, my sister's father-in-law could hit a drive 250-260 yards with a persimmon driver he bought when he was in his mid 40's. He occasionally had even longer drives, but he was fairly consistent around 250-260.

Well into his 70's, my sister's father-in-law could hit a drive 250-260 yards with a persimmon driver he bought when he was in his mid 40's. He occasionally had even longer drives, but he was fairly consistent around 250-260.

Those are the kind of guys I watch out for. Older guys with old clubs can often get into your wallet if one is not careful.

thanks to little blue pills, I hope I can still be long when I'm old :act-up:

I hope you are not into cougars by that time.

I have seen a few older gentlemen just demolish the ball. It is not fair because older people always have killer short games. It is like some kind of rule or something.

I hope you are not into cougars by that time.

I have seen a few older gentlemen just demolish the ball. It is not fair because older people always have killer short games. It is like some kind of rule or something.

So true. I've not come across the beastly old guy, but I've seen so many that are chipping and putting machines.

I play now and then with another guy who is around 70 I think. He is 50lbs overweight and can hardly walk. He uses a really old TM Burner rust colored driver with a cracked face, old Wilson blades and no wedges, but he rarely shots anything higher than the mid 70's. I think I lost $20/$30 to guy this year. He makes a lot of birdies and it seems like he never misses any putts inside of 10 feet. When I'm playing well, I always think I can get some money back from him, but all I ever end up doing is hand him more.

Wait till you guys see Danny P at the outing! He's almost 60 and uses his 6i for his 190 club sometimes 200. I can't believe it sometime.
Yep, and it helps when you're the size of an offensive lineman :D

I think it wasn't until my grandfather got into his late 60s that he stopped out driving my Dad and Uncle, of course that still didn't seem to matter for a few more years scoring wise. He never really adjusted to hitting more club, he didn't need to since he'd sink at least 3 puts from the front fringe for birdie each round... :bulgy-eyes:

Back