The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norv Turner can flat out coach. Combine his coaching skills with the skills and passion of one Philip Rivers, and you have a recipe for success. The guys can flat out get it done.

Flat out.

Kevin

Yes. That Ryan Matthews score puts me ahead for good in my fantasy matchup! Playoffs here I come!

Wait, one of the ladies in the car called her husband to come pick her up? Hmmm If my wife called me in the middle of the night to come get her from a car accident she had while in a NFL player's car I would have a question or two. Suh is a big dumb kid. He has a lot to learn.

Yes. That Ryan Matthews score puts me ahead for good in my fantasy matchup! Playoffs here I come!

Matthews is ringing it up for me. Now have high score for a single week in the league (179 yahoo standard scoring) and iced my 1st round bye in the playoffs.

At least the Jags will have a top 5 pick in the 2012 draft. I wonder who they'll reach for?

Wait, one of the ladies in the car called her husband to come pick her up? Hmmm If my wife called me in the middle of the night to come get her from a car accident she had while in a NFL player's car I would have a question or two. Suh is a big dumb kid. He has a lot to learn.

lol. That's what I was thinking. Then when her insurance company won't pay for her treatment she has to make a police report. Sounds like she was having quite the girls night out.

Kevin

The Jags have an O lineman with the last name Whimper. I lol'ed.

I'm wondering which of these 2 teams will move to LA first.

You wonder if the announcers read THP because I swore we talked about the Tebow thing selling tickets months ago.

I'm wondering which of these 2 teams will move to LA first.

You wonder if the announcers read THP because I swore we talked about the Tebow thing selling tickets months ago.

Haha they probably do read THP. We have some intelligent people here!

And for some reason I just can't see a team moving to LA. It is feasable and probably likely, but for some reason it just doesn't seem like it will happen to me.

Haha they probably do read THP. We have some intelligent people here!

And for some reason I just can't see a team moving to LA. It is feasable and probably likely, but for some reason it just doesn't seem like it will happen to me.

Thanks! :confused2:

Im sitting here watching film breakdown of Tony Romo from this last week's game. For him to play this well and come away with a loss to the Cards shows just how bad the playcalling really was. He made 3 throws in a row that were so perfect to move them down that I am not sure I have seen that from anybody this year in a single series. Back shoulder, threading the needle on the deep slant and then back shoulder again on 15 yard out. These were throws he did not make this well in year's past and the growth and progression throughout this season alone is staggering.

Watching the film I said to myself "they must have edited out the running plays" but they did not. There just weren't any and man the guy got screwed. The redzone play calling was atrocious. I will however say that if there is such thing as a "good loss", this might be it for this team. Romo is peaking at the right time and it could lead to a nice run for them.

I think if Tom Coughlin loses to Dallas this week, him and his staff better start looking for new jobs.

Interesting thoughts JB. Ive been wondering what others thought that didn't look through my blue and silver glasses. I thought tony still made some poor decisions early that could have gone bad but unlike other years they weren't that bad. And they were throws to Dez who often can turn those into big plays.

I'm still completely in awe over the end of that game. What happened? I think there's still 26 seconds left on the clock. Wtc

Beast mode from tapatalk

Im sitting here watching film breakdown of Tony Romo from this last week's game. For him to play this well and come away with a loss to the Cards shows just how bad the playcalling really was. He made 3 throws in a row that were so perfect to move them down that I am not sure I have seen that from anybody this year in a single series. Back shoulder, threading the needle on the deep slant and then back shoulder again on 15 yard out. These were throws he did not make this well in year's past and the growth and progression throughout this season alone is staggering.

Watching the film I said to myself "they must have edited out the running plays" but they did not. There just weren't any and man the guy got screwed. The redzone play calling was atrocious. I will however say that if there is such thing as a "good loss", this might be it for this team. Romo is peaking at the right time and it could lead to a nice run for them.

I hate when coaches do that to coaches. It happens a fair amount and good players are made to look bad. It sucks.

It can also go the other way though, and sometimes that's good.

Interesting thoughts JB. Ive been wondering what others thought that didn't look through my blue and silver glasses. I thought tony still made some poor decisions early that could have gone bad but unlike other years they weren't that bad. And they were throws to Dez who often can turn those into big plays.

I'm still completely in awe over the end of that game. What happened? I think there's still 26 seconds left on the clock. Wtc

Beast mode from tapatalk

Its ironic, because that was why I made a request for the videos. He made 3 "poor" decisions, but on 1 of them Dez ran the wrong route and it was a timing pattern. On the 2nd one, it looks like Bryant or Robinson was being held by a defender (timing was off) and the 3rd one it looked like Dez quit on the play. Now I am not saying he did, but it did not look good to me.

In all of these cases, yes, Romo could have just held the ball or checked down, but the play is designed on timing and he put it right in the correct spot that he is instructed to do (at least by appearance anyway).

This was as good a game as I remember him playing.

Its ironic, because that was why I made a request for the videos. He made 3 "poor" decisions, but on 1 of them Dez ran the wrong route and it was a timing pattern. On the 2nd one, it looks like Bryant or Robinson was being held by a defender (timing was off) and the 3rd one it looked like Dez quit on the play. Now I am not saying he did, but it did not look good to me.

In all of these cases, yes, Romo could have just held the ball or checked down, but the play is designed on timing and he put it right in the correct spot that he is instructed to do (at least by appearance anyway).

This was as good a game as I remember him playing.

Yeah I think you are right on all of those. For as good a player that Dez is or can be I think he has been the direct cause of at least 3 of Romos int's this year.

One throw that killed me and not sure if you saw this one was to Fragile Felix. It was a great lead throw by Tony and Fragile never even saw it. If he sees it he scores easily. No fault by Tony either as it was a good throw.

Did you happen to see the run/pass ratio? Andy Reid was probably smiling. Unreal.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Yeah I think you are right on all of those. For as good a player that Dez is or can be I think he has been the direct cause of at least 3 of Romos int's this year.

One throw that killed me and not sure if you saw this one was to Fragile Felix. It was a great lead throw by Tony and Fragile never even saw it. If he sees it he scores easily. No fault by Tony either as it was a good throw.

Did you happen to see the run/pass ratio? Andy Reid was probably smiling. Unreal.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I saw that throw and your right, Felix blew it. A pass catching FB or a blocking swing out RB makes that catch and goes the distance. I think in time Dez will have it click, but he is struggling right now to get over that hump. With many WRs it takes 2 full years in the league, because they are used to seeing so many targets a game and being wide open in soft defenses and now they have to work hard to get a handful of catches.

I do have the stats.

49 pass attempts and 18 handoffs.

42 throws
5 sacks against
2 times Romo had to scramble.

49 pass attempts and 18 handoffs.

42 throws
5 sacks against
2 times Romo had to scramble.

Ugh. That is not a forumla for success.

Wow 49!?! Wtf Garrett. I know having the FB fiametta out has really hurt but 49?

I think having Dez return punts seemed to help him keep his head in the game bit. Maybe not but he was there all game for what seemed like the first time all year. He didnt play a perfect game but I think he's getting better. But for the love of the hotlist give Murray the ball.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Ugh. That is not a forumla for success.

Says the Packer fan. I bet the Pack throws it more than that and runs it less than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back