West Coast of Florida Gathering @ Westchase Golf Club

I am not sure if I can make this outing (very disappointed). I have 2 friends coming in from out of town, and we are getting a bunch of us together to play this day. Looks like we are headed towards World Woods, although I am trying to get them to consider Westchase. I will keep you posted.

The last outing you attended you cleaned up on the 'prizes'. Hope you can make it!

I won't be getting any prizes fo this outing. The prize will be bragging rights....
The last outing you attended you cleaned up on the 'prizes'. Hope you can make it!

Dangn't, I was already hating that I had to miss it, now JB is bringing goodies to make things worse.

Just played Rolling Oaks on Sunday. Beautiful shape, greens were stupid fast and real tough pins as usual. PB was overseeding and cart path only. By December it should be luscious and evil as ever.

Thanks for the scouting report and heads-up on PB. I always have a hard time reading the greens at World Woods. Half the time whatever read I make, the ball breaks the opposite direction! I love both courses.

Ha! I just wore the shirt on Saturday, and used the sunglasses today! I really want to get there - still working on my buddies.

I won't be getting any prizes fo this outing. The prize will be bragging rights....

I really love the game you are setting up with moving tees based on score from previous hole, and using hybrids as your longest club. For the most part the driver gets me in trouble at Westchase, and I bet I would score no worse leaving the driver and 3-wood home. Even if I can't make it I am interested in hearing the results and how everyone did compared to their normal scores.

Thanks for the scouting report and heads-up on PB. I always have a hard time reading the greens at World Woods. Half the time whatever read I make, the ball breaks the opposite direction! I love both courses.

Of course. I hate those greens and I'm not sure if all Fazio courses are like that or not. If so, I haaaaate that man.

Hope you can convince your friends to come to Westchase instead. They'll enjoy it more on the greens for sure. Looks like this could be a real fun outing and a hell of a test

This sounds like a lot of fun, but I have final exams around this time so there's no way I could make it. Want to get to know some THPers one of these days!

It's more than enough that you and JB are putting this thing together. Thanks for all the leg work Tadashi!

While I will always enjoy the credit, Tadashi deserves it here. Im just along for the ride. Its a fun format that should be a blast at this course.

Thx Jwow! Glad you bumped this. If you want to play with some great forum members on a great course, sign up. It's just going to be about having a good time.

Really looking forward to this format at this course, it will be without a doubt, a very fun challenge.

Calling fairway2green!

It would take some major stones for him to showup...

*start hijack*

If he does, someone better pull out a video camera! :D

*end hijack*

I'm actually going to go by the local Golfsmith and see if the clubs were sold for food

Back on track, after seeing this course yesterday (seemingly every blade of grass) this format will be very interesting. Of course maybe I will actually be able to hit a ball from the fairway. Thanks Tadashi for running point on this.

Back on track, after seeing this course yesterday (seemingly every blade of grass) this format will be very interesting. Of course maybe I will actually be able to hit a ball from the fairway. Thanks Tadashi for running point on this.

Your round sounds like my last one there, all over the place. Tough track, but a fun one.

Your round sounds like my last one there, all over the place. Tough track, but a fun one.

It is a very fun course, something different at every turn. That rough though...sheew, and I'm just going to bring a brick on a stick to put with next time. I've never been so confused by greens, look fast run slow, and tricky little breaks. Man it was fun though.

It is a very fun course, something different at every turn. That rough though...sheew, and I'm just going to bring a brick on a stick to put with next time. I've never been so confused by greens, look fast run slow, and tricky little breaks. Man it was fun though.

The rough is pretty brutal, have to step on your ball to find it. I was hitting a shot out of the rough there a few weeks back, and I hit my shot and two balls game out. My ball had literally landed on top of another in the rough, it was crazy.

180 yard, Par 3, all carry over water. That hole doesnt care for me.

The rough is pretty brutal, have to step on your ball to find it. I was hitting a shot out of the rough there a few weeks back, and I hit my shot and two balls game out. My ball had literally landed on top of another in the rough, it was crazy.

180 yard, Par 3, all carry over water. That hole doesnt care for me.

Haha, yeah there were a few times when we actually drove over a ball looking for it. Even the pink RX's vanish in that mess.

I think I got par on that hole, #11 if I'm thinking of the right par 3? I slaughtered the others, went in the same bunker twice on #3 :banghead:

Haha, yeah there were a few times when we actually drove over a ball looking for it. Even the pink RX's vanish in that mess.

I think I got par on that hole, #11 if I'm thinking of the right par 3? I slaughtered the others, went in the same bunker twice on #3 :banghead:

Or maybe #3? Either way, both of those holes are hard. On #11 - left is OB, right is in the weeds, and long goes into the woods too.

On #3, left or long is dead, and right there is a small space to land and then chip.

And for both, short is a watery grave.

I guess just hit is straight and the right distance and there is nothing to worry about!

The rough is some of the toughest I've seen at a public facility.

Or maybe #3? Either way, both of those holes are hard. On #11 - left is OB, right is in the weeds, and long goes into the woods too.

On #3, left or long is dead, and right there is a small space to land and then chip.

And for both, short is a watery grave.

I guess just hit is straight and the right distance and there is nothing to worry about!

Yep, I was talking about #3.

Yep, I was talking about #3.

I think I'm just gonna putt my way down the cart path the next time. That hole just has some bad mojo for me for whatever reason. Of course seeing JB hit a freaking Mashie fairway on the same hole was amazing man.

Back