Forum Testing Signup - Pre-Release Driver

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylormade R11 9* LH

2. What is your driver swing speed? 95-100mph

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Fujikura Blur Stiff

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My main driver miss is contact on the toe that produces a slice that tails between 20-40 yards left. I'd like to get a bit more accuracy and forgiveness off of the tee. Distance gained is a plus, but I'd rather be in the fairway than scramble...

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My testing process will include at least one driving range session per week (most likely two), and a round per week during the rest of the golfing season here in NJ (another month). Driving range sessions will continue regardless of weather...I have access to a heated and covered driving range when weather gets hairy, so I'll still be able to give as detailed a review as I can in terms of distance, forgiveness, ball flight, and overall impressions. I've been an active member at THP for a month now, and was lucky to get to a golf outing in Pennsylvania for THPers.

Thanks to THP and this mystery manufacturer for this awesome opportunity!

1. What driver do you currently play? Nike SQ Dymo2 9.5*
2. What is your driver swing speed? 105-108
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Stock UST 55gm Stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Most common miss is push/slice. Looking for higher launch in my next driver.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play 18 holes 1-2x/week, year round. I also go to a driving range 1-2x/week. This driver would get full use. I would post after every use, be active in the thread several times per day, answer all questions, and get some good pics & videos posted also. This would continue as long as there is interest in what I'm posting.

Thanks THP and the OEM!!!

Another great opportunity!! Big Kuddos to THP and the Mystery OEM!!

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylormade R7 Draw
2. What is your driver swing speed? 85-90 mph
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? The stock graphite shaft in Regular flex
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? High and right! In my next driver I would like to lower my ballflight, reduce the side spin and gain 20 yards...not too much to ask right?
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Living in Southeast Texas I get to play all year long, so testing is not a problem. I will play at least 36 holes per week and have at least one range session each week, I will provide video and photos from the rounds and the range. I will compare the test club side by side with my current driver and report the results. I am very active on THP, logging in several times per day and I make several posts per day.

Thanks again to THP and the Mystery OEM!! Good luck to everyone who signs up!

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylor Made R11

2. What is your driver swing speed? Fast Over 100mph

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Fujikura Blur Stiff

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Main miss lately has been to the left as I've been working on drawing the ball a bit more. I love to hit the long ball, 280-300+ so accuracy and feel is something I need to have with a driver.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Have not been a tester as of yet but have followed many that do. I realize it required a good amount of effort and communication through the process. I would use video, posts and Facebook with my updates. I realize that once the product arrives at my door it is my responsibility to show the members of THP and the product's company what it is like to use through my actions.

Thanks again THP for the opportunity you give us here! Good Luck to those that are selected!

1. What driver do you currently play? Cleveland SL290 (Left Handed)

2. What is your driver swing speed? 104 MPH Average Swing Speed

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff Flex

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My main miss is usually a small slice, but if my tempo is off it can become a pretty hard slice. I am looking for forgiveness and workability isnt really a factor for me.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My testing proccess will involve a lot of range time. While going to the course will be done to, it is important to hit this driver a lot and compare it to my current offering. I will take pictures and videos upon arrival, as well as video of my range sessions and at the course. I will provide distances with my GPS as well to compare to my other driver, and if selected will get on a launch monitor for data.

My activity level is very high. I have about 4000 posts and am on THP daily. I participate in the THP FF league and have tested before in the past.

Thanks :thp: and the Mystery Company for an awesome opportunity!

Booyah. Outstanding testing yet again. Thank you mystery company and THP

1. What driver do you currently play? Titleist 910 D2
2. What is your driver swing speed? 95-100
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Kai'li 75 Gram Stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My main driver miss lately has been a push right. I'm actually looking to go a little lighter with my next driver and hopefully get some swing speed gains
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm a range rat and I plan on going even more now that I am working on some stuff. Lately I've been thinking of getting back on a LM to try and figure out which shaft I should be playing. I would include that in this testing. I play 1-2 times per week. My activity level is very active.

1. What driver do you currently play?

I currently have a Taylormade R9 (9.5*)

2. What is your driver swing speed?

Current driver swing speed avg is 111 mph

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play?

I am currently playing a Miyazaki Kusala Indigo shaft. I'm going back an forth between Stiff and Xstiff, however, if I had to choose one to play, I would choose the Stiff.

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver?

My main miss these days is a pull. Odd to me b/c forever my miss was a slice. Who knows. What I look for in a driver is something that sets up nicely behind the ball, is forgiving across and up and down the face, and something that I can find consistency in.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?

I'm a veteran of THP forum testing. I know what it takes to update the thread, I know what to focus on (the technology and how it is benefiting) me, and most importantly, I am around enough to answer and respond in a timely fashion. I like to include photos and video of my testing process but that doesn't define the process for me. I am a big fan of content, and relevant content. I'm active on THP, have a lot of posts, and feel like I have a good relationship with a lot of other forum members.

Thanks to THP and *said* company for the opportunity.

Another amazing opportunity! Can't wait to see who the mystery OEM is, thanks to whomever you are!!

1. What driver do you currently play? Titleist 909 D2 9.5 degree
2. What is your driver swing speed? 102-104
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Mitsubishi Diamana 'ahina; regular flex
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Miss is a push right. Looking for a predictable driver that I can control the flight with. Extra distance is always nice but staying in play is first priority. Prefer a lower penetrating ball flight.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing would consist of playing at least once per week and range time at least once per week. Video/photos would be used as appropriate and I would be comparing to my current driver. Activity level is quite high and I would share feedback with OEM via Facebook.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Taylormade r9 460 9.5*
107-113 ( last month)
Stock reax stiff 60 ( too weak for me)
Recently it has been a snap hook or a really high draw (card wrecker)
I'm looking for a lower spinning head and lower launching shaft!
I hit balls everyday and have access to track man so I would compare back to back against my current set up!
Im become a more frequent in my posts on here after going not too long ago! I check everyday and often try to give a uk perspective on things!

1. What driver do you currently play? Cobra S3 10.5* Driver

2. What is your driver swing speed? 90-92mph

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Stocked Blur Shaft in Regular Flex

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? When I miss with my driver it is usually a high slice. In a new driver I am looking for a bit of a lower ball flight that what I am currently getting with my current set-up.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I visit and post to various threads on this forum on a daily basis. If chosen I would definitely be available to provide feedback and answer questions from the other members on the club I would be testing. My testing process would be a to include this driver in my trips I currently make to the range (2-4 times a week) and out to the course (1-2 times a week). Living in SoCal, weather is rarely an issue to keep me off the course or range so I play golf all year long and am in the midst of working hard on improving myself as a golfer by putting the practice and course time necessary to get the results I want so testing this driver would be done right along side of all that.

Thank you so much to THP and the sponsoring OEM for this opportunity!!!

Another great testing opportunity! Good luck to everyone!

1. What driver do you currently play? Callaway Razr Hawk 10.5
2. What is your driver swing speed? around 98
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Aldila RIP Stiff(though some shafts I can play Reg)
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? I miss out towards the toe on the driver which causes a weak fade/slice. I'm looking for a driver that I can pick up some extra distance and get nice solid feel out of.
I will take it to the course with me and use it during my rounds. I will also hit it on the range and in simulators. I am a very active THP forum member and am not going to change that.

Last edited:
Wow...tweet tweet...no doubt. Maybe its a driver that can fix my swing. This is really cool btw

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Titleist 910 D2 10.5

90-95mph

Mitsubushi Blue Ka'li regular

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver?

Well since lagging the club the focusing on rotating the body before impact I tend to miss slightly right. Minor fade so nothing serious. It is a new component in my swing so I tend to hit straight 70% off the time, hopefully once this is nailed in my fairway hit % will be higher :)

Over the winter months I am at the range every two days working on my swing and putting into practice new techniques to help me perfect my swing. The driver would ideally be getting used alongside my 910D2 so it can be a good comparison and also have plenty of range time practice to see how it fares in direction and distance.

With my local club I am playing two rounds a week. Weekend is always a club comp so I tend to stick with my main driver. During the week it is a practice game so would like to try this driver and see how it plays on the home course compared to my 910D2. If it works I might even put it in play during club weekend medal games!

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylormade R9
2. What is your driver swing speed? 104
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Miyazaki Black Stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My miss has always been a high right miss. It has nothing to do with the driver but with the drivee. I look for a club that can be played in every condition and be consistant. I want to know that if I put a good move on the driver it's going to do what I expect
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am an active member and have been involved in testing for THP in the past and currently. If chosen I would put the club through its paces on the range and in play. I would seek out the opinions of those I play with and some that I don't know. After each session of course I will share my thoughts with THP and other social media outlets.

Thank you THP for yet another amazing opurtunity!!!

1. What driver do you currently play? Titleist 910 D2
2. What is your driver swing speed? 112-115 based on several fittings
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Damiana 'ahina 72 X flex
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My miss is a push fade. I like forgiveness in a driver and a neutral face.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play/practice all the time. I will keep track of my shots on the course and explain what I feel about the driver. I will also give feedback on my range sessions and how each one went. Activity will not be a problem.

Last edited:
1. What driver do you currently play? - Taylormade Superdeep 9.5

2. What is your driver swing speed? - 106

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Miyazaki Kusala Black 72 or Matrix HD6 both in stiff flex

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Main miss is a high right fader that can turn into a slice either through shoulders not lined up or a shaft without a stiff enough tip. For my next driver I'm looking for something with a low/mid flight, low spin and a higher loft for my steep attack angle. Ideally with a shaft featuring a soft butt and stiff tip with lower spin rates.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Now that my league is wrapping up I will be on the course once a week with 2/3 range sessions. I'm a fairly active poster and I love delving into the specifics and tech of all golf gear to find what really makes a thing tick and who I think it could help.

A big thank you to THP and the mystery company for being part of forum testing. There's nothing cooler then seeing everyday players test something out and give solid feedback.

1. What driver do you currently play? Callaway Razr Hawk Tour 9.5*
105-110mph
Diamana Kai'li 70g, Stiff
My current miss is a hook, but usually it is a slice. I am looking for something with forgiveness and a penetrating ball flight in my next driver. I tend to go through several drivers each season, so I am always looking for something that appeals to me in both looks and playability.
I would get a round or two in every weekend with the driver and a range session (or two) during the week. I would use photos/videos during the testing to go along with the write ups after every round or range session. I have access to both twitter and facebook for updates as well. I am on THP daily and that will not change.

Thanks THP and the mystery company for the opportunity.

My word, THP is ON IT today!

1. What driver do you currently play? TaylorMade Burner 2007 10.5*
2. What is your driver swing speed? Approx. 105.
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Stock Stiff Flex 50 gram Re-Ax.
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My main miss is the dreaded "high and right", as a result of leaving the face open. I seek good feel for mishits and great forgiveness for "one of those days." A nice, clean look at address is important as well.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing will occur over the course of 18-36 holes per week. First test will be to see how the driver performs on a clean hit. Next, I will move onto toe and heel strikes. The results will be compared to those of my current driver. Results will be posted on Twitter.

I am very active on THP, and have been for over a year now. I average almost 10 posts a day, and I am an experienced equipment tester.

1. I currently game the taylormade burner from 2009. In a 9.5* loft.
2. My swing speed is 105.
3. I play the stock REAX in stiff flex. the shaft feels very weak to me though.
4. My current miss is usually low or very high and right. I'm looking for something with a sorter length than the burner to gain some control and workability. It's very frustrating when you cannot make the ball move but right.
5. I will have plenty of time to test the driver on the course. I live about a half mile from my home course and would have most of my sessions on the course.this would show how the driver will perform with on course conditions. I prefer to play on the c course rather than go to the range because I feel more involved in the game by actually trying to play my best than smacking balls all over the place. I would have many video sessions and would continuously update this thread with my findings. Thanks for this wonderful opportunityTHP and mystery company!

Great to see another forum testing! Too bad winter is close here. The season is nearly over. Good luck to those chosen!

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylormade R9 SuperTri
95-100 mph
Fujikura Motore Stiff Flex
Main miss is a pull slice. In my next driver I need to see an improved ease to swing and a increase in distance.
Balancing work, a family, and THP is tough. But because I enjoy everybody here, I try to at least check into THP on a daily basis. Even if I can't share my thoughts in a thread, I try to read through the most up to date news and reviews. I will have weekly, if not daily, access to indoor simulators and launch monitors. Because of that, I will have nothing but objective data regarding the driver's relationship with my swing. I will also have the subjective data, sound-feel-look, to go along with those hard numbers.

Great again. Thanks thp

Nicklaus ml4

95-97

Fujikura stiff for Nicklaus

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? A slice or out on the toe. Want something with forgiveness, is long, and sounds good

Ill be out on the course and range. I play all winter. Ill update after every found with pictures and video. Ilk give honest feedback and answer all questions. I already testes a driver so I feel I can improve and I know what to look for

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Driver Testing

Driver Testing

Who needs a driver? Um, this guy - or at least one that goes where I tell it to. Anyone have a driver like that?

1. What driver do you currently play? Ping G10
2. What is your driver swing speed? 108
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Stiff
4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? Right - more control
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I work at a year round course in CO and with very tight fairways. No place better place to test. Many of our holes are control holes where distance can hurt so testing a driver for those specific needs will be different than just going to a driving range - which we have also.

Regardless of which manufacturer this is, it's a great opportunity being offered by both the said manufacturer and the folks at The Hackers Paradise. Here are my answers...

1. What driver do you currently play? TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 9.5*

2. What is your driver swing speed? 107-113 mph

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you play? Matrix Ozik X Con 4.8 Stiff

4. What is your main driver miss and what are you looking for in your next driver? My miss other than the occasional block to the right is I turn it over. Otherwise I'm usually in the fairway (around 80% according to stats). What am I looking for in my next driver? A pleasing head on the eye, solid sound and fantastic feel. Granted feel is individual. I feel that forgiveness with 460 cc heads is about where it could be... assuming that this pre-release driver is a 460 cc head.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My testing process would be as followed. First of all up here in the north the season is dwindling down. But there are no less than three domes I can go to (one I was at no less than four times a week last winter). I also have two heated ranges outdoor ranges as well. No matter the season I get out on avg 5 days a week whether it's by myself or with my coach. Also, I would involve our fitter who would determine things like launch angle as well as spin rates. In the winter months I have at least two planned trips to the south (Jan and March in Florida are guaranteed) where I will have the chance to see some "live
fire" exercises on a course in advance of the spring. This driver potentially will also see some action in tournaments as well... provided the results are positive and I deem it worthy of play. I have done a couple of reviews in recent months on my own accord on both Nicklaus equipment and Bridgestone balls. The forum readers will get unbiased reviews whether my observations are positive or negative.

I am by no means a THP member who is long in the tooth. Meaning, I have not been here for a long time. I have been on almost everyday since joining THP. I love the game and love reading input from others or offering my own. The forum has helped me out and I look forward to helping out others whether I'm selected for this testing or future ones.

Alex

Back