Cleveland CG Black Driver Review

Slap a Kusala Black in that sucker and call it a day. Black on black = winning!

Wouldn't that destroy the balance?

--
tapatalk

SW hit one on the back 9 today with this driver that might still have not landed. Probably his longest drive of the day and right down the middle.

Wouldn't that destroy the balance?

--
tapatalk

I don't know. But I know I wouldn't fear a high slice with it in there.

I don't know. But I know I wouldn't fear a high slice with it in there.

I think you need to get this in Uncle Daddy's hands. I think this is the driver for him.

That is one beautiful driver JB. I never cared much for the white one's. I think you're right about being in the right hands though. A very light driver isn't for everyone.

That really light driver thing kind of scares me. I never really enjoyed my time with the ones I have demoed. There is another driver on the market that really has my attention. I am excited to put that one and Black side by side.

That really light driver thing kind of scares me. I never really enjoyed my time with the ones I have demoed. There is another driver on the market that really has my attention. I am excited to put that one and Black side by side.

I'm back in the car or I'd post more, but after a swing or two weight is not an issue. Way better than any other light driver I've hit, 270 included.

--
tapatalk

I'm back in the car or I'd post more, but after a swing or two weight is not an issue. Way better than any other light driver I've hit, 270 included.

--
tapatalk

That's one of the first things I noticed about this driver. In hand you can tell that it is significantly lighter, but never seem to noticed it during the swing.

My dad actually called me and asked me for this driver for christmas based on the hype here on THP. Time to call my sibs for assistance

That's one of the first things I noticed about this driver. In hand you can tell that it is significantly lighter, but never seem to noticed it during the swing.

I really didn't find it to be a glaring difference. I made that comment and JB handed me another driver, then it was obvious. Swinging wise yes I felt the weight a little, mostly during the take away. After a few swings that vanished.

Lost the first few to the right but that was me not shutting the face today, it continued on the course as well. Just one of those days. Comparing it to my R11 however wasn't very close. Similar swings, much different results. The Cleveland was absolutely longer, more forgiving, and a little more consistent.

The shallower face would take a little getting used to, especially with tee height but that's a minor adjustment. Swinging within myself is an added bonus with this club, not that it can't handle going after the ball. I did that a few times and didn't notice huge negatives. My all out swing tops out at about 107 but who knows where its gonna go.

I would like some more time with this one for sure, preferably on a day when my swing is a little more fluid.

--
tapatalk

Hit the Vr pro le. Now to hit this beauty!! Can't wait

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Nice Review...

Crap I posted in the wrong thread. Sorry!

--
tapatalk

Great review. This driver really does seem perfect for a golfer like me...may have to give it a shot.

For those thinking about the Pre-Order the Golfsmith cyber coupon works for 20% off through tonight EPS144CYB - knocks off 80 bucks

For those thinking about the Pre-Order the Golfsmith cyber coupon works for 20% off through tonight EPS144CYB - knocks off 80 bucks

That's pretty major right there. Almost 25%.

I really want to hit one first. Worst case scenario I demo one and don't like it and return it to Golfsmith for full refund, right?

Yes sir, 10.5.

Am I that obvious? hehe

I think you should sell that Superfast and get yourself a CG Black. You could be the first of many on THP!

Back