Hatfields and McCoys UPDATE thread (SPOILERS)

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I started a new thread for this so it wouldn't get lost in the big regular thread.

On Saturday, June 2 at 3 PM Central time, The History Channel will have a two hour documentary on "America's Greatest Feud: The History of the Hatfields and the McCoys." And then after that, they are going to show all three parts of the mini-series. Set your DVR's if you missed it the first time.

PLEASE DO NOT DICUSS WHAT HAPPENED IN THE SHOW HERE, PLEASE USE THE EXISTING HATFIELDS AND MCCOY THREAD.

Last edited:
Sweet. Thanks, Smalls!

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Cool. Maybe I could use this to catch up.

The documentary might be good. I was extremely disappointed in the mini-series. I thought it was very poorly written - it played out as a series of events that were not directly related, and we really didn't learn much about the characters or how they got to where they were. For example, I didn't even know Kevin Costner and Powers Boothe were brothers until right at the end...and I still don't know why that one McCoy aligned himself with the Hatfields. Those are just two examples; I have dozens of unanswered questions from the series, but I'm not interested enough to try to find the answers.

Thanks smallvile, I'm definately going to record the documentary. Loved the mini series

Thanks you, this will bet recorded!

The documentary might be good. I was extremely disappointed in the mini-series. I thought it was very poorly written - it played out as a series of events that were not directly related, and we really didn't learn much about the characters or how they got to where they were. For example, I didn't even know Kevin Costner and Powers Boothe were brothers until right at the end...and I still don't know why that one McCoy aligned himself with the Hatfields. Those are just two examples; I have dozens of unanswered questions from the series, but I'm not interested enough to try to find the answers.

It showed they were brothers when they were going to court. The McCoy were mad that they were having a Hatfield for a judge, and they said they were brothers.He aligned himself with the McCoys because of a girl. It did not look like there were many choices for him besides McCoy's for women. And she was pretty hot. The heart loves who the heart loves.

Does Spoiler need to be added to the thread title? Not to be a jerk but can we please not talk about the mini-series here (at least until I've seen it :D)

Does Spoiler need to be added to the thread title? Not to be a jerk but can we please not talk about the mini-series here (at least until I've seen it :D)

Sure. I'll also add that the regular thread is where discussion should be.

Sorry!

Sure. I'll also add that the regular thread is where discussion should be.

Thanks.

I suppose I could as easily as stopped reading the posts but I get sucked in while being stuck at work :beat-up:

It showed they were brothers when they were going to court. The McCoy were mad that they were having a Hatfield for a judge, and they said they were brothers.He aligned himself with the McCoys because of a girl. It did not look like there were many choices for him besides McCoy's for women. And she was pretty hot. The heart loves who the heart loves.

I wasn't talking about Johnse, I was talking about the McCoy kid who was on the jury and voted against the McCoys, and then later was arrested by Frank Phillips while living under an assumed name.

Perhaps I missed them mentioning the familial connection, but as I said, these are just two of DOZENS of unanswered questions raised by the mini-series. It was ridiculous, we really didn't learn anything about who those people were, or how they got into the killing business. I'm really hoping the documentary will be more informative.

Don't worry, we didn't give away anyting --- other than warning you not to waste 6 hours of your life. :D

The mini series was pretty good. I learned a few things about the Hattfields and McCoys I never knew. I took it for what it was......Good acting, I guess some of the historical facts might be skewed from reading some of the above posts.
I thought it was fantastic.

Don't worry, we didn't give away anyting --- other than warning you not to waste 6 hours of your life. :D

I thought it was worth watching.

Will say nothing about the show for those who have not seen it but this, it was the most watched TV mini series ever!!!!!!!!!

Will say nothing about the show for those who have not seen it but this, it was the most watched TV mini series ever!!!!!!!!!

Is that true? I hadn't heard that if so. I know it was watched by a ton of people.

Is that true? I hadn't heard that if so. I know it was watched by a ton of people.

That is what they said on ET a few moments ago

It was the most watched non sports Cable tv show ever.

Just because a lot of people watched it, doesn't make it good. A lot of people watched Titanic, too. I watched, because I really WANTED it to be good, and because nothing else was on, but I really thought it was poorly done. Upon some reflection, though, perhaps I should not be so hard on the writers....it could have been bad editing that screwed it up.

Back