The President's Cup Thread (Spoilers)

This says it all:

Very true. One of my favorite shots of all time to watch was on Sunday at this year's Masters. Tigger had a 5 iron into the green on a par 5 and after he hit it, he stalked after it with so much determination on his face. He ended up sticking it to like 5 feet. It was pretty sweet.

How has Phil played so well for so long and been able to putt?

And he still misses those putts.

That's why he does have the win totals of TW. Just think if he didn't miss all those short putts. He would be in rarefied air of Jack and Tiger

Tiger still looks like he is improving from his performances earlier this year, I don't think he is playing great today, but DJ sure is playing like crap today. I still can't believe that short putt he missed to tie it.

Well Tigger almost holed out his chip to halve the match. Now it's up to DJ's pitch to go in. Yeah, right. Or maybe Baddely will miss a 2 footer, lol.

Tiger is now 0-2. The only American without a win...too bad both matches his partners both played way below expectations.

So right now, the only US player with 0 points in this President's Cup is.........Tiger Woods.

Well Tigger almost holed out his chip to halve the match. Now it's up to DJ's pitch to go in. Yeah, right. Or maybe Baddely will miss a 2 footer, lol.
As Miller said, the new Eldrick slides it by the hole. The old Tiger slid it into the hole. And Eldrick is 0-2. And I don't care about the "his teammates let him down" talk. It's a TEAM event, and he's the only American without at least a half point. He's got the same total as Keegan.

As Miller said, the new Eldrick slides it by the hole. The old Tiger slid it into the hole. And Eldrick is 0-2. And I don't care about the "his teammates let him down" talk. It's a TEAM event, and he's the only American without at least a half point. He's got the same total as Keegan.

I don't think that is necessarily the best way to look at it. Yesterday he only hit half the shots so he could only do so much. Today, he had to single handedly beat 2 guys? He really has not had much help. Like you said, it's a team game, so without a good performance from a teammate, it's hard to win, even for Tigger.

Did you not watch both days? Day 1 Tiger was never able to hit in the fairway. Day 2 DJ didnt make one birdie.

I do admit I am a "little" biased, but you know what they say about excuses. Results are what counts and so far he has zero results. I don't see it happening, and he might even finish 3-2, but I wouldn't mind if he went without a point the whole way as long as the U.S. wins. I'll also be rooting for him if it comes down to him on Sunday needing a win for the U.S. to win.

Looking at it another way, DJ won half a point without him yesterday and Stricker won a full point without him today. Not really part of this discussion, but the common denominator? Matt Kuchar.

I do admit I am a "little" biased, but you know what they say about excuses. Results are what counts and so far he has zero results. I don't see it happening, and he might even finish 3-2, but I wouldn't mind if he went without a point the whole way as long as the U.S. wins. I'll also be rooting for him if it comes down to him on Sunday needing a win for the U.S. to win.

Looking at it another way, DJ won half a point without him yesterday and Stricker won a full point without him today. Not really part of this discussion, but the common denominator? Matt Kuchar.

Kuchar has the best putter of anyone right now. In all honesty though DJ and Kuchar were lucky to get half a point yesterday considering it took two major chokes by baddalay on 17/18. I think that DJ and Stricker are the two weakest players right now for the US and I really expected tiger to be playing a lot worse then he has.

Stricker and Watney are sitting tomorrow morning. I expected to see Woods/Watney not Woods/DJ.

I don't think that is necessarily the best way to look at it. Yesterday he only hit half the shots so he could only do so much. Today, he had to single handedly beat 2 guys? He really has not had much help. Like you said, it's a team game, so without a good performance from a teammate, it's hard to win, even for Tigger.

I agree with Smalls it's a team comp and TW has not contributed TP the bottom line with points. The old tiger would have been able to handle two guys buy himself with help on one or two holes.
The new Tiger hit the ball fairly decent but does not have it in the tank to take down two opponents anymore. It's a lot to ask a mere mortal to take on two world class players.

Tiger is now 0-2. The only American without a win...too bad both matches his partners both played way below expectations.

I agree with Smalls it's a team comp and TW has not contributed TP the bottom line with points. The old tiger would have been able to handle two guys buy himself with help on one or two holes.
The new Tiger hit the ball fairly decent but does not have it in the tank to take down two opponents anymore. It's a lot to ask a mere mortal to take on two world class players.

Im with TD here. Stricker played awful yesterday, but TW did not play much better. And I dont want to hear that "Its because of where Stricker left them", because it works both ways. I thought he played better today, but it still was not that good in comparison. Yes DJ played poorly, but I did not think you can put that loss squarely on one player. Its not as if Woods went out and blistered the course and DJ layed an egg. He is 0-2 right now, which is where many of the "experts" expecting him to be. If he does not turn this around, I will be surprised, but his putting still looks suspect to me. I mean even reading these posts from last night, there was honest excitement from "almost making a putt".

I can say that I was legitimately excited pretty much whenever Tiger hit a shot. The dude's a legend. I didn't get to see much of his greatness since I didn't start watching golf until fairly recently, so I want to see some of the magic that the highlights show me. That's my reason anyways and it probably won't stop.

I thought Tiger battled well, but it was against Jason Day and Aaron Baddely. DJ is sucking. I don't think I saw him do a thing. The birdie putt DJ missed on 16 from 3 feet was awful. Didn't even hit the hole. Phil's rocking! That's awesome. Hunter Mahan didn't make a birdie.

I thought Tiger battled well, but it was against Jason Day and Aaron Baddely. DJ is sucking. I don't think I saw him do a thing. The birdie putt DJ missed on 16 from 3 feet was awful. Didn't even hit the hole. Phil's rocking! That's awesome. Hunter Mahan didn't make a birdie.

I was in to that Tiger match yesterday. There were some good shots and some not so good shots on both sides. I didn't think DJ played well either. Phil is putting pretty damn good. If it weren't for about 3 lip outs yesterday that match would have been over on 14. It will be interesting to see who gets benched today.

Did anyone else feel as if the pace of play was extremely slow yesterday? I know the conditions weren't great with the wind and there is a lot of pressure on the matches, but man I found it pretty painful to watch at points.

I like that team of Bubba Watson and Webb Simpson. They seem to get along great and look to be having a lot of fun out there, I'm glad to see them together again for the 3rd round. I expect them to tear Allenby and Ogilvy a new one today. Although Ogilvy looks good with that mustache!

USA 3-2 in morning groups, could esily seeit 3-2 Int though too, should be close

I'm stupid, I didn't even check to see the pairings for the foursomes. I'm with you Jake, I really like that Watson/Simpson pairing. I love how they mentioned MOVEMBER last night when talking about Oglivy's Mo. I can't believe Els and Ryo are together again.

Just catching up on the DVR, but Dustin Johnson sucks at putting right now. Just awful.

I don't know what it is about this but I'm really irked by Greg Norman.

On the other hand I find myself rooting for most every guy out there. I see guys who want to win but it's just different than the Ryder Cup for me. I hope Ryo turns it around and starts playing better. I really like him. He does a lot of good things outside of golf. Ogilvy is a stud.

Back