should have done this a long time ago

rvaldron

Reaction score
Handicap
Recently got a new set of irons - callaway razr x tours to replace my old big bertha 2004s. I had the 10w, W and SW in the old set but my new set only came with a P which seems to be the same loft as the old 10w that I had. Anyway, I picked up a couple of vokey sm4s today - 52 and 56 and I should have done this a long time ago. I was about 15 yards short of the green this evening and with my old sand wedge, I would play a short wedge and hope that it would roll up to the correct distance but sometimes it wouldn't roll the way I wanted. I decided to try to hit a different shot tonight since these wedges don't have as thick of a sole, I went for the check up and hit it perfectly. it bounced once then stopped on the next bounce 3 feet from the hole. Was playing a pro v1 392 and it had enough spin to get the job done.

I think I'll hit the practice chipping area to work on it a bit more but I think I'm going to like adding this to my repetoire.

The 52 was very nice as well, seems to spin the ball really well when I hit it right. I was debating getting the scratch wedges but couldn't find anywhere to try them so I figured I couldn't go wrong with the vokeys.

Congrats! Nothing like fresh wedges.

Can't go wrong indeed, enjoy them!

Sounds like you got the thriller from Manila dude! Great job and knock em stiff :blob:

Congrats dude. I'm glad you found something that's working for you. Some short game practice with them should start lowering your scores significantly.

congrats on the new sticks and looks like the addition of the wedges is going to completely change your game.

I played with a PW as my only wedge for a long time and once I switched so did my short game. Congrats to you. Enjoy!

Congrats on the new sticks! I have the old, non-conforming Vokeys and I couldn't be happier with 'em. Have fun with your new toys

Congrats!!!

That's awesome that they worked out for you!

I love fresh grooves and wedges. They are a lot of fun. Enjoy them!

thanks guys, i'm super anxious to get out and hit them again, now if we could only get some nice weather...

Back