Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I've talked myself into a belly myself. I don't ponder for long so I should have it soon

I love when a Morgan Cup captain that devotes himself to better his putting, through working on his stroke makes huge changes like this. What happens if all 3 companies dont have a belly option? hehe.

Like taking candy from a baby. Both figuratively and literally.

What model? SeeMore or try it on the cheap with the Cleveland?

Tappin' from my iPad!

I would make sure it fit you properly are the concept will not work as well .

I love when a Morgan Cup captain that devotes himself to better his putting, through working on his stroke makes huge changes like this. What happens if all 3 companies dont have a belly option? hehe.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'm not buying squat as far as golf equipment goes. I would also suggest that others who are MC hopefuls kind of chill too. You never know what's in store.

haha I'm pretty sure Bridgestone does not have a belly putter but who know what may appear with all three companies for 2012. I mean the trend and market is there so why not ride the tide?

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'm not buying squat as far as golf equipment goes. I would also suggest that others who are MC hopefuls kind of chill too. You never know what's in store.

TC: you should never speak like that in the OEM thread. Waiting is not an option. :D

Seriously though, I have thought about waiting in case I actually got selected but then I have no idea how long until all sorts of decisions are made and actions are taken. I want to get better now. After all, it is the putters fault. LOL

Tappin' from my iPad!

First of all, with regards to belly putters, if every major OEM in golf doesn't have a belly putter option next year (not just the companies in the Morgan Cup), they are not smart at all. You have to go after the hot trend, and belly and long putters are that trend right now.

Second, with regards to MC hopefuls, none of the hopefuls know that they're in the event right now. Even though that make the event won't get equipment from their OEMs for a few months, if they even get it at all before the event. Try out as much equipment as possible if you want to be in the Morgan Cup, that way you'll be used to putting different equipment into play if you get into the Morgan Cup.

Plus, TC, we know why you're not "buying squat"....diapers are expensive. :alien:

Pondering getting rid of the 3-wood and putting a 4-wood in the bag. I've never been all that great hitting fairway woods off the deck, and my first hybrid is 21 degrees anyways. Plus, if I lose 5 yards off the tee going from the 3-wood to the 4-wood but can hit it better off the fairway, I'll take that switch.

I took out my 3 and 5 wood and put in a 4 wood and another wedge, and I am really happy with this set up.

Looks like TC forgot some simple rules of OEM'ing. There is no such thing as waiting. Silly TC.

I've just been checking out the Cleveland website.

Ohhhhhh, doctor!!!

Now pondering all-Cleveland Black lineup for next season. Kudos to Cleveland golf for making pretty much the whole Black product line available left-handed. AND nearly the entire 588 wedge series is available LH as well!!! I'm seriously intrigued by what I've been reading...the Black line appears to be geared to slower swing speed players, and I'd be shocked if my driver SS topped 85 MPH. So....I see a perfect match here.

Still pondering new oversize grips. Not sure if I need .580 or .600 (Adams A7s). Does it really matter what size????

I took out my 3 and 5 wood and put in a 4 wood and another wedge, and I am really happy with this set up.

Exactly what I've done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pondering a new putter. My putting has been horrific the past couple months and it has cost me some dough. Of course it's the putter's fault...not me! I don't know what I want but I think its time for a change. We'll see. Since my season is over, I've got plenty of time to think about it.

what kind of irons?

Sorry One Tizzle, got busy. Of all I have hit its the R11's or Callaway Raxr's. Just not sure, I like the PX shaft in the Razrs and the KBS Tour in the R11's, just confused.

Tap-in Talking

pondering going to golf galaxy, buying a used driver for the hell of it.

worse case, I dont like it and take it back after the weekend?

Closest thing I can get to an on course demo...right?

Certainly my inability to hit tee balls is the equipment and not my swing...lol

That is a good point!

That is a good point!

Don't give in - team THP is trying to discourage you. They are afraid of you getting even more deadly on the greens than you already are.

Don't give in - team THP is trying to discourage you. They are afraid of you getting even more deadly on the greens than you already are.

He is right though. I have worked very hard on my putting stroke and it would all be for nothing if my OEM did not have a belly option.

Making 1 putt a round would be more deadly than he was last time we played. In all seriousness though, its not about being discouraging. Its about two things.

1. No excuses. Chunky doesnt need to make wholesale changes in equipment only to have to change again soon. I dont want to hear that putts werent dropping because they had no belly putter. I dont think it would happen, not with CL anyway.

2. The guy was working incredibly hard to embrace a system that was working for him. Most say that a new system takes about 1000 putts to get centered around. To make that switch now and then again in the coming months would be difficult.

Switching to a belly putter is not like switching to an anser from a method. Its a completely different putting stroke in many ways and without knowing the details in the coming months, it would be crazy to make the wholesale changes until at least after his visit to FL and gets a larger handle on things.

He is right though. I have worked very hard on my putting stroke and it would all be for nothing if my OEM did not have a belly option.

Really? Just make sure your contract doesn't include language that says you must play all equipment standard. Get yourself your favorite putter from the OEM and get it extended. You could always add some lead tape to add more weight.

I know JB - just messing around with you guys. Wrong thread for MC bantering. :D

Really? Just make sure your contract doesn't include language that says you must play all equipment standard. Get yourself your favorite putter from the OEM and get it extended. You could always add some lead tape to add more weight.

In most cases it would likely be no issue. However look at it from a different side. Lets say CL decides to move to a belly putter now and chooses something that fits his eye. Then his OEM says "Here are your putter choices" and nothing is like what he has been working with. Its not the same in my opinion to make a huge wholesale change working with one club in a limited amount of time only to have that club change rather quickly. Even with the belly option the odds of the shape, feel, face or anything else being the same would be the issue.

Now one could say "well that is going to be the issue even without switching to a belly putter" and they would be right, however there would be no issue with the wholesale changes that are needed to make the switch and that comfort that one would require with the saying that most need about 1000 putts with the belly before it becomes normal. All three of us captains will find out limited schedules in just a few short weeks we would imagine, so in my opinion (and only my opinion) it would be worth the wait to find things out first as well as the hassle and the money.

Chunky's not my Captain so I say go for it. Get all putter and putting style confused, throw that on top of a swing change, then dabble some Morgan Cup pressure on top of that, and man, you might break 100 in Myrtle Beach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back